• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Slokams for Navaratri Durga Lakshmi and Saraswathi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durga [First 3 days]

Durge Smrita Harasi Bhitimshesh jantoh SwasthaihSmritamati Mateev Shubhaam Dadasi Daridray Duhkh Bhayaharini ka TwadanyaSarvopakarkaranay Sadadrachitta

O Mother Durga, whoever remembers you during a difficult situation, isfreed of all forms of fear. When called to the mind by those who are in ahealthy condition, You grant them a pure intellect. Who is there but you – thedispeller of poverty, pain and fear. Whose heart is ever compassionate fordoing good to everyone.

Lakshmi [Next 3 days]**

लम ीरसमुराजतनयां ीरगधामेवर दासीभूतसमतदेवविनतां लोकैकदीपाकुरा । ीममदकटालधिवभवेगगाधरां वां ैलोयकुटुबन सरिसजां वदे मुकुदिया

strong textlakShmeeMkSheerasamudraraaja tanayaaM SreeraMgadhaamESvareem | daaseebhoota samastadEvavanitaaM lOkaika deepaaMkuraam || SreemanmaMda kaTaakSha labdhavibhavad-brahmEMdra gaMgaadharaam | tvaaM trailOkya kuTuMbineeM sarasijaaMvaMdE mukuMdapriyaam ||**

Saraswathi [Last 3 days]

याकुन्देन्दुतुषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा याश्वेतपद्मासना । या ब्रह्माच्युतशंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा पूजिता सा मां पातुसरस्वति भगवती निःशेषजाड्यापहा

Yaa Kunde[a-I]ndu-Tussaara-Haara-Dhavalaa YaaShubhra-Vastra-[A]avrtaa Yaa Viinnaa-Vara-Danndda-Mannddita-Karaa YaaShveta-Padma-[A]asanaa | Yaa Brahma-Acyuta-Shankara-Prabhrtibhir-Devaih SadaaPuujitaa Saa Maam Paatu Sarasvati Bhagavatii Nihshessa-Jaaddya-Apahaa **

Source--A special small book issued by Kanchi Kamakodi Mutt, Tamilnadu inthe year 1975.

>Note--Irequest the members of this site to recite the slokas during Navaratri multiple times to get theblessings of three devis and maintain healthy life.

Subimak--Could you pl post mp3 of Saraswathi Pooja procedure (similar to Upakarma etc)

Bhaskaran can you please arrange Saraswathi Pooja Vidanam mantra in tamil/mp3 format

Sorry I do not know the mp3 funda.

I am not technically sound on these fundas. I can give the slokas in Sanskrit or English or tamil.

If you can give us Sarawathi Pooja procedure in Tamil it will be of great hep
On saraswathi puja day keep the photo of saraswathi.Loght a lamp. Apply sandal and kumkum. Put flowers. Keep the books in fornt of the photo.Make atchathai. Keep one plate containing betel leaves,paaku, banana. Recite the sloka 4 times with utmost concentration with a gap for every time. Put some flowers and atchathai on the photo and books. Show the tamboola thattu to saraswathi. Do some naivedya like payasam. Do karpiira harathhi.Do not take the books kept.
The next day punar puja to saraswathi. After bathing, adopt the same procedure as above.. After putting atchathai and flowers open the book and read four sentences loudly. Do neivedya. Do karpoora harathi.
This is the procedure my parents taught me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back