A Self Evaluation- Are we brahmins Upper Middle Class- No is the Answer - Page 2
Tamil Brahmins
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 150/62
    Given: 21/36

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Only about 1 percent of India's population paid tax on their earnings in the year 2013, according to the country's income tax data, published for the first time in 16 years.

The report further states that a total of 28.7 million individuals filed income tax returns, of which 16.2 million did not pay any tax, leaving only about 12.5 million tax-paying individuals, which is just about 1 percent of the 1.23 billion population of India in the year 2013.

Of the salaried people you must earn more than Rs 2.5 lacks for you to pay Income Tax. Most of the TB's are salaried employees.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/0
    Given: 14/0

Dear Friends,

My message on the above subject posted yesterday has vanished when I tried edit for a minor correction. I find some one has given a "thumbs-up" for the post. Obviously the same has been done beore it vanished on the copy sent to his personal mail. I shall be grateful if a copy of the same is sent to me or re-posted in the Tamil Brahmins Website.

Thanks in advance.
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

Organising Your Time
    If you are considering making changes in your life, finding additional time often poses a problem. It could be that the changes you are thinking of making are to ensure you have extra time to:
     Spend with your family
     Spend on things you enjoy doing
     Devote to your work
     Devote to your education.
    Whatever the reason, looking at how you spend your time will encourage you to think of ways your time could be managed more effectively, these include:
     Learning to say 'no' to works or requests that you feel are not your responsibility.
     Learning to delegate – sharing jobs can be fun and will leave you with more time. See our page, Delegation Skills.
     Making a ’to do’ list of tasks you need to do each day/week, ticking off tasks that you complete.
     Giving up things you do not really want or need to do.
     Identifying your high and low times of the day. Everyone has a time when he/she feels more or less energetic. Try to do the most demanding tasks when you have the greatest energy as you will do them more quickly, thereby releasing more time to spend on other things.
    For many people their personal development will involve setting goals; these might be to change behaviour - as in looking at their time management - learning new skills or advancing their career.
    Many employers are looking for the same sorts of skills. These include good communication skills, the ability to work as part of a team and the ability to learn – these are often termed ‘Soft Skills’. Beyond that the skills required will depend on the particular job.(I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD THAT IS WHY I PASTED HERE ....SORRY)
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/71
    Given: 208/30

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Senior citizens have surplus of time and deficit of money

Thanks still for your post
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

Senior citizens who had invested in real estate wisely have benefitted a lot because of the rise in prices. People who constructed houses in T. Nagar Chennai have become crorepathis. In fact these people are richer than what they were when they were working.
    யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர்.

நச்சினார்க்கினியன்.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/6
    Given: 9/0

Quote Originally Posted by iyerr View Post
    Many iyer and iyengar matrimony asks and self evaluations in regards to the family status caught my sight. I always think if brahmins can ever call themselves to be part of upper middle class or rich do they belong there ? If we look at other communities, it is the people who have multiple streams of income , strong business and having multiple properties / assets classify themselves as rich or upper middle class.

The brahmin people who have made their living as an employed salaried class can never call them upper middle class. People who have a house, pension to support a normal living never belong to upper middle class. They must also not add the life style upgrade offered by the children to classify them in the new league. I really dont understand if people understand how the family status is defined.

Let us be honest people who have been working in bank or some public and private enterprises as mgrs or some senior level executives cant call them upper middle class. If they stop getting their pensions or kids loosing their job, majority of them will downgrade the lifestyle.

The upper middle class/rich in other communities travel in a premium economy class, stays in star hotels and pay the medical bill out of their own sources and have multiple sources of income

Am too a Brahmin a Business Man. All iyer iyengars please do an evaluation
    It may be wrong to generalize "brahmins" altogether in one "class" or the other without any proper data. Personally, I feel that brahmins are way too conservative with their money, but the present generation is changing the mindset.

I have found that most of the group that you say pay the expense from their purse tend to indulge in shady business practices... writing personal expense to company a/c etc... and hence the claim of paying from own purse may start from the ultra rich onwards.
    Q. Who are you? A. I am God.
    Q. How do I know it? A. I can do anything; ask me.
    Q. Can you make me more powerful than you? A. I will make you the priest.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 132/1

After reading the post, let me express what i felt :-

I don't think we, the brahmins are classified as upper/lower class or what so ever. I opine that our goals are high and linked with god. Money alone is not the be-all and end-all. based on luxuries, do you think that a class stratum could be created? i don't think so.

Let us try to keep on doing our duties, surrendering our wishes to god, then, we will be content. a contented mind is only very important.
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12