Haldi/ kumkum ceremony for non golu custom during navratri..
Tamil Brahmins
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Haldi/ kumkum ceremony for non golu custom during navratri..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hi friends,
    I need info for haldi kumkum ceremony. Actually we invite sumangalis to get manjal n kumkumam n we gift them small ladies related thing. But I need how to decorate our pooja murai. We dont hv custom of keeping golu at in laws house. We normally sing amman song n chant slokas at friend home who keep golu. Pls tell me wat to do n follow custom even if we dnt keep golu...

thanks
    nithya.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Even if you don't keep gollu, you can make sundal everyday during Navarathri.

Along with manjal kumkum, ladies are offered coconut / fruit, vetallai paaku. This is almost mandatory!

Giving a gift item is your choice: a lot of women have discontinued giving blouse piece, mirror and comb because this gets recycled!

In our house, we invite widows too...the only thing is some of them do not take the manjal kumkum.

The essence of gollu is for women to get together.

I sincerely hope my reply is useful to you.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/2
    Given: 3/0

If you are having pooja room with god and goddess pictures. It is enough. decorate with flowers to the pictures. Do neivedhyam of sundal. then camphor aarathy. then distribute the sundal and ladies related things. they can sing songs to the goddess pictures where ever it is there in your house.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks a lot for the reply kgopal sir . Will do as u said
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.