• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yearly Devasam - Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All

I am new to the site as a registered user but have referenced this site a number of times. A friend of mine is the only child (daughter) to her parents. Her father is alive and her mother passed away few years ago. How does one do yearly Devasam (Tharpanam) for the mother as the mother's husband is still alive? Can the daughter perform Tharpanam?

I have been meaning to ask for a while but registered today and am posting the question.

Thank you,
Karthikeyan

If the daughter has got married her husband must do. if daughter unmarried :- her father"s brother or brother" son must do all 13 day karyams. The person who had done 13 days karyams must do every year sraaththam. on the tamil month thithi. father is not eligible to do thevasam for his wife. father is only eligible to do tharpanam for his father and mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back