• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Free verses in tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I am a great lover of Bharathi. I consider him as one of my gurus in many respects.

I always relish his following lines from his Vasana Kavithaigal.

"Irul enbathu oliyatra thanmai andru;
Irul enbathu miga kuraivana oli".

There is no such thing as darkness. Darkness is nothing but negligible amount of light.

Coming to the point, I am basically a poet who writes only poems that conform to rhythm and harmony (yes, grammar too). But, in 1985, I was asked by one of my friends to write free verses also in Tamil, so that they could be understood by everyone.

This prompted me to write some volumes in this format. Though all may not fit into the definition of poetry as such, I intend to select some good ones among them and wish to post them here, only in their English version. (I do not have the patience to post both the Tamil and English versions).

This is partly due to the demands from some members to avoid posting only in Tamil.

I wish to know the members feedback to this proposal of mine and need their permission too, to go ahead.

Regards,
pannvalan

If you don't post in Tamil and only in English, it may not be all the good.

Please consider posting in Tamil as well as English trasileration

When kavithai is written is tamil it should be posted
in tamil.
We can enjoy them only in original version.
Translations can not give real feelings.
Consider to post in tamil (also)
Sreedhar

Namassadhasae.

Certain items can be enjoyed only when they are in Tamizh. It is my view that the original be posted in Tamizh followed by few lines in English meaning or transiliteration atleast. You may decide pls.

Personally, I think, in your poem on Varunan's reaction in giving rain to bhoomi, you have explained in the title itself in English 'Rain or shine; We complain'. Perhaps, few more lines explaining the episode is what is required.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!"
_ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

Can anyone suggest a software that can be used to type simultaneously in Tamil and English.

I have 'Ileap' of Dept. of Advanced Computing, Minsitry of Information. This can be used to type in both the languages simulataneously. But, I am unable to send emails using this software, in legible format. Unless the receiver also has this software installed in his/her P.C. the matter received will be a junk.

I look forward to somebody's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back