• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

NEED YOUR PARTICIPATION / NRIs Parents in Chennai city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I thought I might sneak into this conversation, and ask a few hints to you, fellows from Tamil Nadu.

I am a french PHd student, and started this year a thesis about the family in India seen from a transnational point of view.
Most of my field research is done in Tamil Nadu and I am going back there for another 4-months next January.
The point of this trip is to meet Tam' Brahm' parents, elder people whom children live abroad (NRI) and get to know more about their life. The second part of my work -probably next year- will consist in interviewing expatriate children whose parents still live in India.
I have already planned quite a few interviews for my visit in January, but would be interested in getting a maximum of contributors. Understand that this facebook group is the perfect opportunity for me to ask!
So let's go to the point: if you think of any connexions back in Tamil Nadu I could meet, or if you are interested in contributing to this research please let me know!

I thank you in advance for your help,

Mathilde

thank you very much, it'll be very useful.
cleardot.gif

Hello,

I thought I might sneak into this conversation, and ask a few hints to you, fellows from Tamil Nadu.

I am a french PHd student, and started this year a thesis about the family in India seen from a transnational point of view.
Most of my field research is done in Tamil Nadu and I am going back there for another 4-months next January.
The point of this trip is to meet Tam' Brahm' parents, elder people whom children live abroad (NRI) and get to know more about their life. The second part of my work -probably next year- will consist in interviewing expatriate children whose parents still live in India.
I have already planned quite a few interviews for my visit in January, but would be interested in getting a maximum of contributors. Understand that this facebook group is the perfect opportunity for me to ask!
So let's go to the point: if you think of any connexions back in Tamil Nadu I could meet, or if you are interested in contributing to this research please let me know!

I thank you in advance for your help,

Mathilde

A very good subject.....

You can meet my parents in Chennai, living all alone for the past 1 year and can interview them.

I would be arriving into Chennai on 8th of January for a month. You can be in touch with me through phone or email, fix an appointment and carry on with your work.

If possible, I can arrange for you an appointment with my uncle residing in the same street.

Dear all,

I'll arrive in few days in Chennai.

To kunjuppu
I just sent an email to your cousin Balan in Chennai to explain my approach and ask for an appointment.
I hope it will work! I'll keep you posted. thank you again for that contact which will hopefully well start my research. (this is my private mail if you want to contact me directly: [email protected]) If you have any other idea or contact, don't hesitate to reach me via this mail.

Dear C RAVI
(as I can not send private messages, I send you my answer on this public forum, but feel free to contact me directly on my private address ([email protected]).
You then arrive January 8 in Chennai. It is with pleasure that I accept a meeting with you, your parents and your uncle.
Thank you very much for your interest in my project.
good years to all and see you soon

mathilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back