• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Teachers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice doodle animation from Google recognizing Teachers Day!

teachers-day-2016-india-6215218130583552-hp.gif

In India, Teacher’s Day is celebrated annually on September 5, the birth anniversary of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the second president of India. Dr Radhakrishnan believed “teachers should be the best minds in the country”. When he was president, he once said that instead of celebrating his birthday, it would be a privilege for him if his date of birth were to be celebrated as Teacher’s Day, and so it was.
On this day, schools usually hold special celebratory activities for teachers, and students usually present a kind of remembrance and tribute for all the hard work their teachers put in all through the year for them, as a show of appreciation. One such fun activity in many schools also includes the swapping of places between students and teachers. In many institutions, Class XII students dress up as teachers to take classes for a day, while teachers are given day to relax and take some time off.
India has another similar day called Guru Purnima, which usually falls in July and is based on the lunar calendar.
Today, Google’s doodle comprises of a bespectacled teacher pencil reading and teaching out of a book, while five student pencils follow suit — walking, skipping and jumping. This is the same doodle Google used for the US Teacher’s Day this year, which was on May 3. Doodle artist Nate Swinehart had made the animated work to honour teachers “who’ve dedicated their lives to molding a thoughtful, compassionate generation of citizens. And to making sure everyone does their homework”.
As you may have realised, Teacher’s Day is celebrated on different days all across the world, and it also varies from the World Teacher’s Day on October 5. In India, September 5 has been celebrated as Teacher’s Day since 1962. These days differ because most countries have selected a day to honour a local educator or mark a milestone in education.

http://indianexpress.com/article/tr...cators-with-back-to-school-animation-3013803/

Salute to my Teacher Smt Y.G.P (Rajalakshmi Parthasarathy)...I just saw her interview to Podhigai TV today

hqdefault.jpg

When I think of teachers - memories pleasant and not so pleasant crowd my mind.

The unpleasant ones , tyrannical types, hindu saffron types talking of hindu glory ,christian ones talking discipline and duty[ I had one making me write ' Do your duty

thats best and leave it to thy ;lord the rest in the first page of every notebook], all the bunking I did out of fear of some of them. I got mothered also by a couple

who doubled as nannies when we were in class 1 or2.We were made into mini robots reciting mutiplication tables upto number 16,speak in tamilinglish and fight for

science stream . We learnt to look down on Arts or commerce stream students.We also were strongly segregated from girls in a class which had equal number of

them in every section.Not many had the courage to talk to anyone of other sex unless they are teachers.

We had good,bad and indifferent teachers.

Very few I can recall and respect now.

I was happy to occupy the last benches and scrape thru.

The dysfunctionalities of the indian school system I carry even in my advanced age.

Our Rastrapathi taught students for one hour at a local school in delhi on the occasion of Teachers day.

His lecture was both on indian history and economics .

It was relayed on doordarshan channels.

Nice talk appealing to 11th and 12th students.

Sri Mukherjee is a good teacher.

I was impressed with his talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back