• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does smart phones indicate level honesty of the person?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GANESH65

[h=1]People who use Android are more honest and humble than iPhone owners, claims Study[/h][FONT=droid_serifregular]
]

A new research has suggested that people who use Android smartphones may have greater levels of honesty and humility that those who own iPhone.

Researchers also found that women were twice more likely to own an iPhone than an Android Phone.
“This study provides new insights into personality differences between different types of smartphone users,” said Heather Shaw, from the University of Lincoln in the U.K.
“Smartphone choice is the most basic level of smartphone personalisation, and even this can tell us a lot about the user,” she added.
Researchers conducted two studies of personality differences between iPhone and Android smartphone users.In the first study, the researchers asked 240 participants to complete a questionnaire on characteristics they associate with users of each smartphone brand.In the second study they tested these stereotypes against actual personality traits of 530 Android and iPhone smartphone users.The results from the first study showed that Android users are perceived to have greater levels of honesty and humility, agreeableness and openness personality traits but are seen as less extroverted than iPhone users.
The results from the second study showed that most of the personality stereotypes did not occur in reality, as only honesty and humility was found in greater amounts within Android users. However, researchers found that women were twice more likely to own an iPhone than an Android Phone.
When measuring the characteristic ‘avoidance of similarity’ which describes whether people like having the same products as others, Android users avoided similarity more than iPhone users.
Finally, iPhone users thought it was more important to have a high-status phone than Android users.

[/FONT]

But I have noticed those who use i Phones tend to brag about it.

They keep showing off they are using i Phone cos its more expensive especially if they are females.

In fact some of them do small jobs but save up enough just to buy an i Phone and keep bragging about it and then they miss call you when they want to talk to save money!LOL

Males usually brag about cars more than their phones but there are also males who brag about everything.

I recently met a person who was bragging how much his I Phone cost etc. I found that cheap and disgusting as if his phone defines everything.

So this research could be true for all I know even though there are some people who are humble even though they could be very rich.

Last edited:
But I have noticed those who use i Phones tend to brag about it.

They keep showing off they are using i Phone cos its more expensive especially if they are females.

In fact some of them do small jobs but save up enough just to buy an i Phone and keep bragging about it and then they miss call you when they want to talk to save money!LOL

Males usually brag about cars more than their phones but there are also males who brag about everything.

I recently met a person who was bragging how much his I Phone cost etc. I found that cheap and disgusting as if his phone defines everything.

So this research could be true for all I know even though there are some people who are humble even though they could be very rich.

You are right. Many people don't need less than half of functions the I phones offer still own one and doe some show off. I think a reasonably good android phone offers almost all functions the I phone can perform.

Apple phones are more a fashion statement...Also for cars it is the model & look that is important...I have noticed that many alpha males are going for second hand high end cars that are available in plenty..They just want to tell the world that they own a BMW or Mercedez!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back