• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How a Bird Feeder Revived My Marriage - Column by Tista Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskmoorthy

How a Bird Feeder Revived My Mariiage - Column by Tista Sen

(Place Mumbai India)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fashion/modern-love-single-mom-dating.html

First two pargaraphs

My husband was no longer the man I had married. He had become grumpy and short-tempered, acting as if life had dealt him a bad hand.
He works in publishing, an industry that has its own share of problems. A self-made man, he worries that our sons have been handed too much. Our marriage was facing the familiar strains of midlife. All of this was getting him down.
Until he installed the bird feeder.

The Last three pagraphs

And perhaps that’s it. You reach a stage in life when you yearn to do something new. You yearn to do something good. To give back. To find yourself. To rediscover love. In order to live better.
Some nurture a hobby. Others donate to charity. A few travel the world or volunteer to teach. The wealthy may take themselves out for elaborate meals or on a trip to an exotic city, where they can dance in the rain or go bungee-jumping or learn to speak Mandarin.
My husband did none of those things. He visited none of those places. Didn’t tick off items on his bucket list.
But he found himself anyway. And in doing so, he found us. All he did was go online and order an ugly bird feeder. And it has made all the difference.

Sir,

This one is interesting and touching. I enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing.

How a Bird Feeder Revived My Mariiage - Column by Tista Sen

(Place Mumbai India)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fashion/modern-love-single-mom-dating.html

First two pargaraphs

My husband was no longer the man I had married. He had become grumpy and short-tempered, acting as if life had dealt him a bad hand.
He works in publishing, an industry that has its own share of problems. A self-made man, he worries that our sons have been handed too much. Our marriage was facing the familiar strains of midlife. All of this was getting him down.
Until he installed the bird feeder.

But chances are she too was no more the same person he married!

What if she had also becoming a nagging grumpy wife?

As we age such changes are inevitable becos familiarity does make us take people for granted.

Also mid life is when a relationship of any kind goes into steady state which is sans romance or even sexual attraction and its mistaken for being absence of love.

Love actually is not an exciting feeling...its steady state of commitment.

Only Romance is an exhilarating experience.

So this doing something new when we reach a certain age is nothing but seeking a new form of "Romance" ..some get a hobby..some buy something new.( a bird feeder in this case)..some change their jobs and some elope with a new person!LOL

Last edited:
Only for those who have the opportunity!LOL

It is said that opportunity may knock at door of those who have certain inner thoughts.LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Some birds do not have wings but yet they fly!

But God has created birds which have wings … both wings…but don’t fly and don’t grudge against their freewheeling cousins!!

But God has created birds which have wings … both wings…but don’t fly and don’t grudge against their freewheeling cousins!!

But the wingless bird that yet flies up to the highest of heavens surpasses even the Chakora who needs moonlight to sustain itself.

The wingless birds reaches heights that no winged bird or its Mamas and Machans can ever imagine.

The wingless flying bird would even make Apsaras squeal in delight.

The wingless birds reaches heights that no winged bird or its Mamas and Machans can ever imagine.

4711d7b2f82235ede134dc5ad1a0d995.jpg

04785b33686279210865b923eff4bba1.jpg

Source: google images

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back