Downloads
    Uploads

How a Bird Feeder Revived My Marriage - Column by Tista Sen

0 Not allowed!
    How a Bird Feeder Revived My Mariiage - Column by Tista Sen

(Place Mumbai India)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fa...om-dating.html

First two pargaraphs

My husband was no longer the man I had married. He had become grumpy and short-tempered, acting as if life had dealt him a bad hand.
    He works in publishing, an industry that has its own share of problems. A self-made man, he worries that our sons have been handed too much. Our marriage was facing the familiar strains of midlife. All of this was getting him down.
    Until he installed the bird feeder.

The Last three pagraphs

And perhaps thatís it. You reach a stage in life when you yearn to do something new. You yearn to do something good. To give back. To find yourself. To rediscover love. In order to live better.
    Some nurture a hobby. Others donate to charity. A few travel the world or volunteer to teach. The wealthy may take themselves out for elaborate meals or on a trip to an exotic city, where they can dance in the rain or go bungee-jumping or learn to speak Mandarin.
    My husband did none of those things. He visited none of those places. Didnít tick off items on his bucket list.
    But he found himself anyway. And in doing so, he found us. All he did was go online and order an ugly bird feeder. And it has made all the difference.
    Downloads
    Uploads

How a Bird Feeder Revived My Marriage

0 Not allowed!
    I made too many mistakes in my first post,

1) The title should be How a Bird Feeder Revived My Marriage

2) The correct links is http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/fa...-marriage.html
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sir,

This one is interesting and touching. I enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent stuff! Nicely written!!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Prof. Sir,

Thanks for sharing the nice article.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mskmoorthy View Post
    How a Bird Feeder Revived My Mariiage - Column by Tista Sen

(Place Mumbai India)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/fa...om-dating.html

First two pargaraphs

My husband was no longer the man I had married. He had become grumpy and short-tempered, acting as if life had dealt him a bad hand.
    He works in publishing, an industry that has its own share of problems. A self-made man, he worries that our sons have been handed too much. Our marriage was facing the familiar strains of midlife. All of this was getting him down.
    Until he installed the bird feeder.

But chances are she too was no more the same person he married!

What if she had also becoming a nagging grumpy wife?

As we age such changes are inevitable becos familiarity does make us take people for granted.

Also mid life is when a relationship of any kind goes into steady state which is sans romance or even sexual attraction and its mistaken for being absence of love.

Love actually is not an exciting feeling...its steady state of commitment.

Only Romance is an exhilarating experience.

So this doing something new when we reach a certain age is nothing but seeking a new form of "Romance" ..some get a hobby..some buy something new.( a bird feeder in this case)..some change their jobs and some elope with a new person!LOL
    Last edited by renuka; 26-08-2016 at 07:26 AM.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A brand new red sports car also helps.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    some elope with a new person!LOL

??
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by V.Balasubramani View Post
    ??
    Only for those who have the opportunity!LOL
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Only for those who have the opportunity!LOL
    It is said that opportunity may knock at door of those who have certain inner thoughts.LOL
    Last edited by V.Balasubramani; 26-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast