• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where We are Going...??...[ TVK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

Is This Fashion or Cultural De-gradation or Women's Liberation... ? I hang my head for this kind of indecent exposure... 13882318_1333813763303243_6612734063097891310_n.jpg

What to do, TVK Sir? The 'showy' dress is the fashion now a days!

Even a beggar would dress in a more decent way! :sad:

Sorry TVKji, I disagree with your opinion. We can talk about the dress, and make even fun of it, but we should not moralize it.

Why does it matter?
Why should a man hang his head in shame for the girl's dress. The girl wants that dress.
It is legal.

If we do not want to see it, it is easy to close your eyes, or enjoy the sight.
Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but no one has the right to moralize.

Last edited:
Yet again, the issue of how women should dress has raised its ugly head. Ugly because it has already led to the death of four women in the Kashmir Valley, two of them young students, another a teacher and the fourth a 43-year-old woman. Nureen, Shehnaz, Tahira and Jan Begum lost their lives for no reason except that they did not follow the dress dictat promulgated by a militant group insisting that all women wear veils. Three of them were shot dead and Shehnaz, a second-year student in the Girls Higher Secondary School in Palanghar, was beheaded.
These tragic and horrific events have sent a wave of fear through the valley. Girls in several places, where the messages insisting that women wearing or face death were pasted outside girls' school and colleges, have been forced to go into hiding. Attendance in schools and colleges has dropped drastically. And the trade is doing a brisk business. No one dares defy the ban. "Our lives are dearer than a dress code," a young woman was quoted saying. But why a dress a code? And why for women alone? This is a question that refuses to go away.

The debate over women's ways of dressing will not conclude easily. It raises its head anew with every generation. Until men accept that women are equal human beings, that they have rights, that they can reason and think, and that they are capable of being responsible, they will continue to find ways to impose irrational rules that attempt to control the way women think, act and dress. http://indiatogether.org/dresscode-op-ed

The woman may be wants to show off her thighs..Had she worn a shorts no one would have objected..It is more the tattered look that people are objecting..Will you allow her to work in any of the Companies in India...100% No, as there are rules governing dressing..There is a dress code for all employees, male or female

Dear Prasad Sir,

There is a word 'decency' and we expect women to know the meaning of that word.

Though dressing up (or down) is one's own will, the shabby + showy dresses should be avoided in public.

BTW, if the girl is alone at home in her birth dress, no one will bother to comment about her! :)

No you all are missing the point.
We all have every right to comment on other's dress.
We have no right to dictate to others or moralize on what someone else should wear.
Should one lament that women are not in Burka? Not at all.

No you all are missing the point.
We all have every right to comment on other's dress.
We have no right to dictate to others or moralize on what someone else should wear.
Should one lament that women are not in Burka? Not at all.
Oh, Yeah! It is intrusion of privacy, as per the 'advanced' countries!! :D

Let the girl dress how she wants..it hardly causes any trauma to anyone.

I wonder why females are always under scrutiny all over the world..anyway dont be too harsh on girls in India..cos so far no male has produced a medal for India yet in Rio 2016!

You guys in India should be doing Pooja for females!LOL

So please do not find fault with them.

If anyone has a problem with exposed flesh of a woman...try to imagine that woman is your sister or mother or daughter..automatically no hormones would come into play to play moral police!LOL

Dear Renu,

If a mAmA sees his wife / sister / daughter with showy dresses, he is sure to throw a tantrum!! ;)

Dear Renu,

If a mAmA sees his wife / sister / daughter with showy dresses, he is sure to throw a tantrum!! ;)

Dear RR ji,

True...I know...Once I wore a revealing saree blouse and my dad threw a tantrum and scolded my husband for allowing me to wear it!LOL

My husband cooly replied...its stylish and in vogue.

After that my dad never bothered what I wore!LOL

That way my Father In Law is cool...he never comments on what I wear.

BTW I told my dad not to be a Taliban...I only made him more angry!LOL

Last edited:
Dear RR ji,

I personally feel dressing is one's personal choice.

The girl in the pic had a fairly good body so its looks nice..its not as if blubber was hanging out everywhere.

So let her enjoy!LOL

Some one in Kerala suggested to put everyone behind bars if he stares a girl/lady for more than 14 seconds. If that rule made applicable, no one would dare to look at them, let alone clicking pics like this - we won't have discussion either- " Na rehega baans, na bajegi bansuri"...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back