• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does shape or size matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

qinsT3jbbabgi_medium.jpg
'One of my sayings is: look good, feel good, do good,' she said. 'If you are feeling good, you look good, you are confident about yourself, you are going to go out there and you will rock it.'

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/sports/shot-put...io-imagegallery-4-olympics-qintgqffhhiji.html

I know the ladies here on this site do not need these encouraging words, but there are others who are body shamed and called for larger women to embrace their appearance, or as she puts it, 'just have fun'.

Last edited:
The confident attitude makes a good personality. That is why some handsome men and pretty women fail to impress!

But in food items, the shape and size matters. For example, kids will refuse to eat 'pinja dOsai'!! ;)

The confident attitude makes a good personality. That is why some handsome men and pretty women fail to impress!

But in food items, the shape and size matters. For example, kids will refuse to eat 'pinja dOsai'!! ;)

Sorry the title should have been more specific.
When it comes to beauty among girls, and ladies, body shaming matters a lot for their self confidence.

When it comes to beauty among girls, and ladies, body shaming matters a lot for their self confidence.

True..I do not deny that...if I see even 0.5kg increase in weight...I would make sure I lose it as soon as possible by exercising.

I feel deep down inside everyone feels good when they look good..there is nothing wrong in maintaining our selves to look good as long its natural and does not become an obsession..at the same time genetics is also there..some are slender..some are big...as long both are healthy its fine.

More than size, shape matters a lot.

When at right places the flesh is scarce and at the right places it is just enough, the over all shape becomes breathtaking. One can lose oneself for ever in those curves with no scope of getting back the coordinates. LOL.

More than size, shape matters a lot.

When at right places the flesh is scarce and at the right places it is just enough, the over all shape becomes breathtaking. One can lose oneself for ever in those curves with no scope of getting back the coordinates. LOL.

But those curves should be firm and not soft like Paratha dough!LOL

Otherwise you might need some tea to go with the Paratha!

But those curves should be firm and not soft like Paratha dough!LOL

Otherwise you might need some tea to go with the Paratha!

Agreed.

I thought I said exactly that when I said "scarce" and "just enough".

I do not waste words. I am economic with them. LOL.

Dear Renu and Vaagmi Sir,

So much research on size and shape! :lol:
But, what I observe here (in Boston) is that tambrahm girls with kids, don't care to be trim. :couch2:

They don't bother about their 'thoppai' and wear body hugging tops and tight pants! :cool:

Some like it fat, some like it thin,
Some like it short, some like it long,
Some like it in the heart, all life-a-long.

:)

Some like it fat, some like it thin,
Some like it short, some like it long,
Some like it in the heart, all life-a-long.

:)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It is cultural, it is time bound, and regional.
In the present day it is fashionable to body shame a larger women, and that is wrong.
That was the intent of my OP.

The following observation is my Wife's and not mine.
We frequently visit Chennai and travel extensively in Tamilnadu.

Why do ladies, no matter their size or shape etc., walk with a huge swagger from left to right of their upper body?

It seems to me that they are weak in the legs and adjusting their c.g. to fall above the foot that steps on the ground.

Of course young women in high heels cannot afford to swagger like this, I guess!
I hope I have not made any offensive observation about ladies of Chennai or TN.

Dear Renu and Vaagmi Sir,

So much research on size and shape! :lol:
But, what I observe here (in Boston) is that tambrahm girls with kids, don't care to be trim. :couch2:

They don't bother about their 'thoppai' and wear body hugging tops and tight pants! :cool:

Dear RR ji,

Its not TB girls alone...its a Global Indian phenomenon!

Really...I keep motivating all Indian female patients to be fit and trim.

I tell them looking good is the right of every female and we Indians already have good features to start with and we do not even need much make up to look good..so all they need is to be active.

Here too many with flabby abdomens where figure hugging tops and tight pants.

I am not finding fault with obese females but the Indian body has genetically low muscle mass and high central fat distribution and prone for the triad of Diabetes,Hypertension and Ischeamic Heart Disease.

So at least to be healthy they should be image conscious.

You know RR ji..one of the Olympic contestant for running event a woman from Africa is married with a baby...and her body is super trim and muscular and running away like a horse.

So there is no excuse that being married with kids is a licence to become obese.

Dear RR ji,

Its not TB girls alone...its a Global Indian phenomenon!

Really...I keep motivating all Indian female patients to be fit and trim.

I tell them looking good is the right of every female and we Indians already have good features to start with and we do not even need much make up to look good..so all they need is to be active.

Here too many with flabby abdomens where figure hugging tops and tight pants.

I am not finding fault with obese females but the Indian body has genetically low muscle mass and high central fat distribution and prone for the triad of Diabetes,Hypertension and Ischeamic Heart Disease.

So at least to be healthy they should be image conscious.

You know RR ji..one of the Olympic contestant for running event a woman from Africa is married with a baby...and her body is super trim and muscular and running away like a horse.

So there is no excuse that being married with kids is a licence to become obese.

It is okay to be lithe or lean and mean quietiy inside a saree-blouse/salwar-kameez/or even hotpant-casuals exterior. But to exhibit too much in a "bare all" effort reminds me of the chicken legs hung for grilling in a barbique fire. There should be sufficient scope left for imagination of an onlooker. LOL.

It is okay to be lithe or lean and mean quietiy inside a saree-blouse/salwar-kameez/or even hotpant-casuals exterior. But to exhibit too much in a "bare all" effort reminds me of the chicken legs hung for grilling in a barbique fire. There should be sufficient scope left for imagination of an onlooker. LOL.

That way we females do not really need to imagine too much about males...what lies beneath or what lies beyond.

We have X ray vision!

So Guys run and hide cos SIZE might REALLY Matter!LOL

Dear Renu,

I was surprised to see tambrahm girls wearing tight dresses with 'thoppai' because I did not expect them to

copy the dress code of Americans. But what to do? They have to 'Be a Roman in Rome'!! :D

BTW, many laides are obese here whether fair skinned or dark skinned and the don't seem to shy about their

sizes! They wear even showy dresses without any inhibition. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back