Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

Admission to veda patasala

0 Not allowed!
    We used to contribute to Mylapore Veda Adhyayana Sabha, which, it seems, comes under the patronage of Kanchi Mutt. It is situated at Pitchu Pillai Street, Off. Ponnambala Vadhyar St - near Kabali Temple main entrance.

I received the following SMS which I want to share with the members:

Mylapore Veda Adhyayana Sabha is pleased to announce that admissions are open for new students into our Veda Patasala. Gurukulam Format curriculum.

Accommodation and food will be provided.

Students also eligible for monthly stipend and their parents a monthly incentive, under the Veda Vidyarthis Development Scheme.

Interested parents to contact:

Sri Nandakumar Ganapadigal, Adhyapakar
    Mobile: 9444466484

UNQUOTE

For information please.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Gurukula system is residential in nature, where the shishyas (students) live in the houses of gurus and they learn and help their guru in day-to-day activities. Brahmin boys, after upanayana, (the initiating ritual in which boys are invested with a sacred thread that symbolise their maturity and transference of knowledge, usually at the age between 8 -10) are eligible for the course. Brahmins from other states of India, who are interested to learn Yajurveda in Kerala style are also admitted here.
    https://www.keralatourism.org/kerala...-patasala/153/

Just for my knowledge.
    Is this a requirement for Mylapore Veda Adhyayana Sabha.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I think the boys have to stay there. I notice lot of cupboards where things are stored.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.