• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

மலரும் நினைவுகள்...[ tvk ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

மலரும் நினைவுகள்...[ tvk ]

13731634_1174354725949517_8161018792043479926_n.jpg

Oh yes. It brings the nostalgic memories flooding from the past.

I remember the sense of great achievement I glowed with as a young boy when, for the first time I jacked up the glass cover assembly of the hurricane lamp at home by pressing the lever in the lamp assembly, lighted the wick and adjusted the flame and brought the glass assembly carefully down again. It was a great achievement for a young boy who was not permitted to light the lamp till then because he may hurt himself. Even a Nobel prize, if comes my way, would not give me the kind of satisfaction that I enjoyed that day.

Speaking about nostalgia, please listen to this song in malayalam. Please wait till the last when comes the punch line. Late ONV Kurup wrote this lyric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqi4Gb05bj4

Last edited:
Filling up kerosene thro' the small hole (funnel is used! ) and cleaning the glass are real tasks! ;)

I still remember the scene in which my dad carefully lifts the upper portion, to release the glass from its hold,

tilt the glass, remove it, clean it with a cloth and assemble the lamp again! :)

Vaagmiji, I could appreciate the melody of this song from chillu sung by S.Janaki and could not understand the meaning.

Perhaps it describes something about chillu a glass piece which as glass appears sturdy and can also break and be fragile .

This brilliant film chillu of 1982 depicts the loneliness of a girl who looks for relationship with one childhood friend and another intellectual companion and ends up

losing both and chooses suicide to living without relationship of both her friends. As we grow old , we lose many of our dear ones close to us and face the prospect of

loneliness.

Thanks for the post

Vaagmiji, I could appreciate the melody of this song from chillu sung by S.Janaki and could not understand the meaning.

Perhaps it describes something about chillu a glass piece which as glass appears sturdy and can also break and be fragile .

This brilliant film chillu of 1982 depicts the loneliness of a girl who looks for relationship with one childhood friend and another intellectual companion and ends up

losing both and chooses suicide to living without relationship of both her friends. As we grow old , we lose many of our dear ones close to us and face the prospect of

loneliness.

Thanks for the post
Dear Krish,
Yes the song is from Chillu.
I will translate it's meaning for you when I sit before my computer. This msg is through my phone.
It is a beautiful kavithai which you will enjoy when you understand the meaning.

hi

my dad and my four chithppas studied WITH THE HELP OF THIS KIND OF KEROSENE RAATHAL VILAKKU....they all passed

their SSLC with this lamp....my grandmother used to clean the glass daily...even i cleaned in my childhood and

used to fill kerosene with very careful....even i got this lamp with battery operated from USA...its very helpful

in chennai during power cuts...

We used to light this Petromax lantern in our village homes in the 60's & 70's....Another item that enamored me is the electric Petromax used in Janavasam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back