• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yajurveda Prathama Upakarma in 2016: Date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

We conducted my Son's Brahmopadesham in Feb 2016.

When do we conduct the Prathama Upakarma for my Son.

Is it the same day as Normal Upakarma which is 18th August.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinay

hi

its called....THALAI AVANI AVITTAM IN TAMIL....

On 18th August. You have not mentioned the age. He has to shave his head on the day, at least visit the Saloon. You have to prepare "Appam and Pasipayaru Sweet Sundal' and take them to the place where Upakarma is conducted along with Beatel Leaf, Beatel Nut and Plantain Fruit.He has to perform Samithathanam also.

R.Ramaswami

Mr. SaiSrinivasan has posted a set of Videos in Youtube covering all aspects of Upakarmam. You can download and follow.

With warm regards.

R.Ramaswami

Now a days no one shaves his head for thalai AvaNi avittam.

Orthodox parents force the boy to do 1008 Gayatri japam with samithAdAnam on the following day.
I have seen kids getting really exhausted after performing this feat! :ballchain:

Now a days no one shaves his head for thalai AvaNi avittam.

Orthodox parents force the boy to do 1008 Gayatri japam with samithAdAnam on the following day.
I have seen kids getting really exhausted after performing this feat! :ballchain:

In our local temple we do the 1008 Gayathri Japam for all the newly initiated Vadus..The sastrigal will ensure that not a single mantra is missed

I am performing Yajur Vedam upakarma here in Detroit on 17th August 2016 as per the local panchangam.Can somebody enlighten me on the 'sankalpam' with reference to my location.
This year happens to be the 'Thalai Avani avittam' for my grandsons.Can somebody guide me as to when 'mounji Dharanam and krishnarjinam to be performed.On Upakarma day or Gayathri Japam day??

Same in our colony temple too. Common homam for everyone. :cool:

But for my son's thalai AvaNiavittam, my eldest B I L insisted that my son should perform at home

and he had real strain doing it all alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back