• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Should we say our wish in which ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which ear of Nandi, Right or left should we share our wish..Can anyone clarify?

08rewind011.jpg

Devotees making wish in the ears of Nandi at Shiva temple during the holy month of Shravan in Patna on Monday. Photograph: Amrit Jai Kishan/PTI

இப்படி கூட ஒன்னு இருக்கா ? தெரியவே இல்லே !!

Dear Ganesh,

I think it doesn't matter in which ear the wish is told. Even the picture shows this fact.

Some persons close the other ear of Nandhi, when they tell the wish in one of His ears! :D

One of my students said that she visits Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple, ONLY to tell her wish to the cute Nandhi.

Picture from Google images:

17082821431e11110cc34be583378efc.jpg

I got this information after lot of research...We should say in right ear

It is auspicious to have a darshan of Lord Shiva through the Horns of the Divine Bull on Pradosham days. Recite only Shiva mantra in Nandi's ears (many people recite their woes and prayer requests to Nandi. Shastras indicate reciting Shiva mantra in Nandi's right ears is the right practice. According to Puranas, Nandi's left ear is deaf.

Source: http://angelray8.blogspot.in/2012/09/all-about-pradosham.html

Logically...Nandi represents Jeevatma...the story goes that only Nandi could relay the info to Lord Shiva when He was in deep meditation and other Devas did not manage and did not dare to disturb Shiva.

This might be symbolic to denote that only Jeevatma has direct access with Paramatma like a good fast connection Unlimited Data Plan...therefore the whisper should actually come from the chambers of our heart.

We are the Nandi...Its us finally that relays info to Paramatma.

I got this information after lot of research...We should say in right ear

It is auspicious to have a darshan of Lord Shiva through the Horns of the Divine Bull on Pradosham days. Recite only Shiva mantra in Nandi's ears (many people recite their woes and prayer requests to Nandi. Shastras indicate reciting Shiva mantra in Nandi's right ears is the right practice. According to Puranas, Nandi's left ear is deaf.

Source: http://angelray8.blogspot.in/2012/09/all-about-pradosham.html

What is the significance behind Nandi having unilateral hearing loss of left ear?

So far I know Adisesha's too is hearing impaired cos he swayed each time he heard praise of Lord Vishnu and caused High Richter Scale instability to the planets he holds on his hood...so his hearing capacity was removed.

But in the case of Nandi why is he having unilateral loss of hearing?

Anyone?

Dr, Can you please explain any proven side effects of living with one ear ? Does it impact ou thught processes and actions?? .I am also like Nandi :D

Dr, Can you please explain any proven side effects of living with one ear ? Does it impact ou thught processes and actions?? .I am also like Nandi :D

Well it all depends on the cause of hearing loss.

If one was born that way then there would be no problems becos the normal ear function usually compensates.

So information is relayed to brain as usual...therefore no real known effect on thought process.

In case of loss of hearing in one ear..one needs to find out the cause..whether it was infective,neuronal or traumatic or part of aging.

Mostly can function normally if the other ear is not as affected ...therefore thought process and actions should not be affected.

But an unproven beneficial side effect of unilateral hearing loss is one can turn a deaf ear to one's wife's nagging!LOL

Well it all depends on the cause of hearing loss.

If one was born that way then there would be no problems becos the normal ear function usually compensates.

So information is relayed to brain as usual...therefore no real known effect on thought process.

In case of loss of hearing in one ear..one needs to find out the cause..whether it was infective,neuronal or traumatic or part of aging.

Mostly can function normally if the other ear is not as affected ...therefore thought process and actions should not be affected.

But an unproven beneficial side effect of unilateral hearing loss is one can turn a deaf ear to one's wife's nagging!LOL

Thank you. For me i think it suddenly went off when I was 15 or so..I turned into a submissive spiritual guy from an active and talkative guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back