• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

His Vedic RAM is a world beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super! Let us appreciate Sunil Kumar Sharma for leveraging study of Vedas to boost his memory!

[h=1]His Vedic RAM is a world beater[/h]TNN | Aug 7, 2016, 07.54 AM IST

[h=4]Highlights[/h]
  1. Jaipur resident Sunil Kumar Sharma sets a world record by memorizing 5,710 post-decimal digits of square root of two.
  2. He has beaten a US citizen who has held the record for 10 years.
  3. The rare achievement is registered by Pi World Ranking List.

53580966.jpg
Jaipur resident Sunil Kumar Sharma with his certificatesJAIPUR: Can Vedic science help you memorize digits by the thousands? Not many of us will agree until we hear the success story of Jaipur resident Sunil Kumar Sharma who has set a world record by memorizing 5,710 post-decimal digits of square root of two. In the process, he has beaten a US citizen who has held the record for 10 years. The rare achievement is registered by Pi World Ranking List, a body which registers records of memorizing highest number of Pi and Sqrt(2) values.

A student of Shiksha Shastri at Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Rajasthan Sanskrit University in Jaipur, Sharma set the record by reciting post-decimal values of square root of two in one hour and 42 minutes.

An average student throughout his life, Sharma's life transformed after his father insisted that he study Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. "I had no interest in studies. I could not focus on anything until my family elders taught me how to retain things in your mind," Sharma said. The Vedas taught Sharma to recall information by memorizing them as pictures. "I can memorize thousands of digits by sequencing them into an episode or transforming them as an object. Our forefathers have mastered the art of storing visual memories for longer period," said Sharma.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...AM-is-a-world-beater/articleshow/53580958.cms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back