• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Unique home recipes - pls share

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am experimenting with cooking for the last 1 year and I basically copy the recipes from the net and try it out and then do my own modifications for the same and will share some of them here .So they are not fully original but a modified version of the Original that I have tried and tested .

Wow, my cup of tea!! :cool:

Yesterday I tried rava kesari, using sweet potato for color, instead of the kesari powder. I wonder whether the orange colored

sweet potatoes are available in India. But it is very much available in Boston. Now the recipe:

Cooked and mashed sweet potatoes - 2 cups

Sooji (fried) - 1 cup

Sugar - 1 cup

Ghee - 2 tablespoons (only!)

Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon

Cashew nuts and raisins as required.

Method: Cook the fried sooji in two cups of water. Grind sugar and mashed sweet potatoes in the mixie and add to this.

Stir well for about 5 minutes in medium flame. Fry the cashew and raisins in ghee and add to this and mix well.

Spread in a greased plate and cut when cool. Yummy and healthy kesari is ready! Enjoy. :)

Try aval Kesari,avail up puma,Curd avail all will be tasty if you put avail soaked in water for sometime and after that you can prepare just by putting sugar,Kesari powder for avail Kesari (instead of sooji), just fry mustard seed in cooking oil, put water and after the water boiled put avail,put necessary salt 1 Spoon or needed depending on the content.These are all very easy to make just like noodles or bread slice toast.

Yesterday I tried rava kesari, using sweet potato for color, instead of the kesari powder. I wonder whether the orange colored

sweet potatoes are available in India. But it is very much available in Boston. Now the recipe:

Sooji (fried) - 1 cup

Sugar - 1 cup

Method: Cook the fried sooji in two cups of water. Grind sugar and mashed sweet potatoes in the mixie and add to this.

Stir well for about 5 minutes in medium flame. Fry the cashew and raisins in ghee and add to this and mix well.

Spread in a greased plate and cut when cool. Yummy and healthy kesari is ready! Enjoy. :)

Noted... will give an update on the taste when I try it...

** I have a spicy tooth... :)

Sooji (fried) - 1 cup

Sugar - 1 cup

Came out good, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back