• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘India can’t live without Vedas,’ says scholar

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Vedas and their significance.....

‘India can’t live without Vedas,’ says scholar

t%20nagar%20%282%29%20-%20Copy.jpeg

Chennai: Just like India cannot sustain without agriculture, it cannot live without Vedas, said noted columnist and chartered accountant S Gurumurthy at the valedictory of the Inter-Padashala Vedic competition organised by Om Charitable Trust at Sri Krishnaswamy Kalyana Mandapam, T Nagar, here yesterday.

"India is a sacred land. Rishis, Nayanmars, Alwars have all contributed to make it a spiritual land. Vedas have played a major role in this country," he said.

"I have a guilty feeling that I haven’t read the Vedas. The beauty of the Vedas will be known only to these scholars," he added.

As many as 450 students participated in the Inter-Patashala Vedic competition and the winners were given prizes. Contests were held in Rig, Shukla

Yajur, Krishna Yajur and Sama Vedas and the students were judged by eminent pundits in their respective Vedas.

Students from all four southern States and Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and West Bengal have took part in this competition.

The three-day event, ‘Vaidikavinjyana Vikasini Karyakrama’ (programme on development of Vedic wisdom) was inaugurated by renowned Upanyasakar Brahmasri Ananthapadmanabhan.

The prizes were won by Raja Veda Kavya Patashala of Kumbakonam in Rig Veda, Aarsha Vidya Gurukulam Jaimini Sama Veda Patashala of Palakkad in Sama Veda, Jayendra Saraswati Veda Patashala of Medinipur, West Bengal in Shukla Yajur and Chandrashekara Bharathi C.Sekharendra Saraswathi Vidyalaya of Coimbatore in Krishna Yajur.

Read more at: http://newstodaynet.com/chennai/‘india-can’t-live-without-vedas’-says-scholar

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly let me know the difference of Krishna Yajur and Shukla Yajur as two different are mentioned below.

The prizes were won by Raja Veda Kavya Patashala of Kumbakonam in Rig Veda, Aarsha Vidya Gurukulam Jaimini Sama Veda Patashala of Palakkad in Sama Veda, Jayendra Saraswati Veda Patashala of Medinipur, West Bengal in Shukla Yajur and Chandrashekara Bharathi C.Sekharendra Saraswathi Vidyalaya of Coimbatore in Krishna Yajur.

Kindly let me know the difference of Krishna Yajur and Shukla Yajur as two different are mentioned below.

hi

YAJURVEDA HAS TWO MAIN PARTS....SUKLA YAJURVEDA AND KRISHNA YAJUR VEDA.....BOTH HAS MANY SAKHAS TOO..

sukla yajurveda basically in north india....in some parts tamil nadu tooo....predominantly krishna yajur veda in southern

india...especially all tamil nadu veda patashala teaches KRISHNA YAJURVEDA......even though..i belong to SAMA VEDA...

BUT I STUDIED YAJUR VEDA IN VEDA PATASHALA IN PALAKKAD KERALA... becoz we have ONLY yajurveda veda teachers

in patashala....all are mainly yajurvedins too ....even many NAMOBOOTHIRI SUKLA YAJURVEDA STUDENTS

STUDIED KRISHNA YAJURVEDA ....SUKLA YAJURVEDA VERY FAMOUS IN GUJARAT/UTTAR PRADESH/PUNJAB/

WEST BENGAL TOO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back