• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Trying to shift to wearing the dhoti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Over the last few weeks, I've found myself increasingly wearing my dad's dhoti (of course, when my parents aren't around).
However, I feel quite shy to come out in front of him wearing the dhoti.

The thing is, I'd like to switch from my shorts (quite restrictive) to a dhoti, but the only thing which is stopping me is my shyness.

Is it normal for young people (17/18 or as young as 15) to wear a dhoti at home? Also, how do I convince my dad to let me wear one while I'm at home? Will that be awkward or funny?

The style of dhoti I usually wear is the north-indian one (tucking cloth at the back) - it is quite comfortable and looks quite graceful as well.

Advice/suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back