• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

any vrathams and chanting of slogans to bring back my husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally new to this community and i am not very sure whether i am on the right track posting this...

I am in need of a guidance may be a solution and again i am not sure whether this is a right place or thr??

if not anybody can guide me on the right path..

I am just married and it has been 5 months..

And we have lived just for a month may be as he is in US and actually i joined him after our 15 days of married life just three weeks before..And currently i am in a situation where he wants divorce and hates me just because of a love affair which he is adamant that he will continue though that girl is married and has a kid..

I need a solution.I dont to spoil my married life and i just want him to get back to me from his illusion and spell..

Please guide me if any vrathams and chanting of slogans i can do..

I am in a total frustated mood and just spoiling my life in US just like that without any holdings..

Please help me..

Thankyou...

do swayamvara parvathi pooja and japam or any one perform on behalf of you , feed the cow as much as possible
hari om

I am totally new to this community and i am not very sure whether i am on the right track posting this...

I am in need of a guidance may be a solution and again i am not sure whether this is a right place or thr??

And we have lived just for a month may be as he is in US and actually i joined him after our 15 days of married life just three weeks before..And currently i am in a situation where he wants divorce and hates me just because of a love affair which he is adamant that he will continue though that girl is married and has a kid..

I need a solution.I dont to spoil my married life and i just want him to get back to me from his illusion and spell..

I am in a total frustated mood and just spoiling my life in US just like that without any holdings..

Please help me..

Thankyou...

Please help me..

Thankyou...

Dear Priya,

I sympathize with you...but I feel you have to get elders to help you here.

I assume its an arranged marriage.

You have mentioned that your husband is having an affair with a married woman who has a child...I assume that woman too could be having some problems with her husband and hence some affair started with your husband..most probably this had been going on for sometime even before he married you.

Its a tough situation...please get help from parents and his parents too.

Someone needs to talk and advice your husband.

For now do not make any attempts to talk to the woman your husband is having an affair with cos chances are her husband does not know about it.

Best is to wish that she also realizes her mistake and stays happily with her husband and everything would be solved.

Also another question to you...for you to think 'Do you really want to stay with a man who is trying to divorce you becos he is having an affair with some other man's wife?"

This is not any spell or illusion or Mayam...it speaks a lot about his character.

I think you seriously need to think about this.

Last edited:

Please help me..

Thankyou...

My heartfelt sympathies to you! It is really atrocious and outrageous for a man already in love with a married woman to voluntarily and deliberately and willingly marry another innocent woman and uproot her from her familiar family, relatives, friends, city and country to another strange environment and then to express his unilateral decision to seek divorce!

Some clarifications are required:
1. Is it an arranged marriage and do you have any acquaintance with your husband prior to marriage?
2. Has your marriage been consummated at all? (Very important for legal reasons and also for assessment of his character)
3. How much are you personally desirous of continuing the relationship with your husband - do you think he will be a good, loving, caring, understanding and supporting husband and that you will be able to bond with him emotionally with full trust and faith and that he will respect the marriage with 100% integrity (if only you are able to pull him out of the honey-trap of the other woman)?
4. How long is their relationship going on? Had it started even earlier to that woman's marriage and is continuing still even after her marriage? Or, has this affair started only after the woman's marriage? In case you agree to the divorce with your husband, are the two having any plans to settle down together as a married couple or will they continue their clandestine affair status quo?
5. Has he treated you with verbal, physical, emotional abuse wantonly?
6. What is the nature of his relationship with his family (- his parents, siblings (if any) and other relatives) and friends?
7. How long is he in the US and on what status - nature of visa, green card holder or US citizen?
8. Do you really believe that if he returns to India the affair will end and that he will not start another?
9. What are you afraid of - living with him like an unwanted total stranger in the same house or getting a divorce and facing family, social criticism?
10. Do you have any support structure in the US?
11. How can this problem be resolved -
(a) head-on catching the bull by the horns and raising it to the notice of both sets of parents and demanding just and fair treatment or
(b) being a docile Bharat nari taking all the indignities, injustice and disrespect with accepted resignation to fate and praying for Divine intervention?

Since you have already indicated your option to Q.11 as (b), why did you arrive at this option? Is it because of one/more of the following constraints:

1. Family honor, respect to parents' desires and wanting to behave in the idealistic image of the Hindu woman?
2. Low estimate about yourself -your age, beauty quotient, family background?
3. Social status and peer pressure: Desire to be in the US to get "social high" vis-a-vis your other family members or friends of similar background?
4. Economic dependence and insecurity: Not professionally qualified to take up employment and be economically independent?
5. Attitude of your parents: Your parents financially and emotionally may not be supportive enough to take you back and consider a second marriage, if necessary?
6. Responsibility to younger siblings as the eldest daughter: Do you have other sisters of marriageable age and do you believe that their wedding prospects may be affected in case you agree to the divorce?

Please, Priya, you need not offer any answers to me or this forum. The above points have been raised only for you to consider the different aspects of the issue and to help you in taking an informed decision.

Regardless of the above, I suggest that you should involve the parents on both the sides and appraise them of the prevailing situation at your end, in case they are kept in the dark till now.
Also, please start writing a diary or journal of the daily happenings in your life for documentation purposes. Record some conversations with your husband showing his indifference to your well-being and interests. This suggestion will be useful in many ways later.

Please realize that your position is not an unique case and that there are several women from India in other foreign countries with similar or worse problems. (Refer: https://www.mea.gov.in/images/attach/Legal_provisions_in_foreign_countries.pdf and http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...ica-a-sea-of-broken-dreams/article3697211.ece). In my own extended family and friends circle, in the last five months we've got two such cases where the marriage has not been consummated until now and in one case it may be due to impotency/ love affair and in another case it is due to the dominance of the mother-in-law and any other factor still to be deciphered. In both the cases the girls happen to be the only child in the family and brought up in the traditional style in a protective environment with little exposure to current social fads, friends and films. The parents came to know about the non-consummation of marriage only accidentally as these are generally taboo topics not even to be raised with one's own mother and the girl was advised to adjust and live according to the likes and dislikes of the boy.
The parents of the boys are anxious for the marriage to continue .... but at what/whose cost? Negotiations and talks are going on still while the girls' emotions are torn apart and the future is kept in suspended animation!

The issues are very sensitive and have to be handled in a mature way.

If you believe in the use of spiritual energy for solving your problem, you may please check the threads in the GD forum for seeking help.

May the Divine bless you with a happy and satisfying marital life filled with love, joy, peace, harmony and abundance!
Lalitha

PS: Please excuse the long post!

Last edited:
Sri Krishna did not advice Arjuna to do Vritham or Slogam, instead He asked Arjuna to fight. Please find the right professional and fight hard.
I am sorry for you, and hope you will get some professional help.
You can never mend a mirror after it is shattered. So please do not wait for a prayer to work for you. Get professional advice and do all the prayers for your sanity.
I am with Dr. Renukaji. I do think you need some counselling. Please get professional help, there are organization like Shakhi and others in USA. I do not know your location in USA. We have some service in our community here for people like you.
I do not think you should wait for divine intervention.

You may loose all property and rights if you do not seek professional Help. You need legal, psychological, and emotional help, please seek it ASAP.

I just helped a young girl who went through a similar situation. In her case she was in H-4 visa status, so she did nor have financial support. We rescued her and got her safely back to India. We contacted an organization called http://www.sakhi.org/.
http://southasia.oneworld.net/peoplespeak/hotlines-in-the-us-for-women-in-distress#.V8sy15grK00
http://www.path2usa.com/experiences/nri-spouse/page/1/50
http://indianconsulate.com/page/display/45/42

Last edited:
Dear Priya

I am really sorry to hear about your state of affairs.

The only remedy that comes to my mind are chanting of two shlokas from Soundarya Lahiri and they are No.5 and No.9. Both of these need to be chanted 100 times daily for 41 days.

Do let me know if you need the lyrics of these shlokas and I will post them.

May Lord Anjaneya bring you happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back