Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which is the astonishing thing that you like in our religion??

0 Not allowed!
    I let this thread like a poll, but Iam not leaving any options. So, this will be like an usual thread.

For me, the scriptures (both vedic and as well as other religious scriptures) are the astonishing thing that I always admire in our religion. I think none of the religion has not this much wealth...

I invite everyone to share their likings towards our religion...

pranams
    Kann Kalikkumpadi kandukonden Kadambadaviyil
    pann kalikkum kural veenaiyum kaiyum payodharamum
    mann kalikkum pachai vannamum aghi mathangar kula
    penngalil thondria emperumaatithan perazhage

(Abirami Andhadhi)
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri Durga. The values and cutural heritage propounded in our religion is of such magnitude which is unheard of elsewhere.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation the variety

0 Not allowed!
    Happa!! How many sampradayams, how many sects and how many doctrines. There is place even for nihilism (Naaththigam) in our religion.
    Other religions may be likened to small or big shops. Our religion is a super bazaar or a giant departmental store where you can get from pin to plane .( this is only an analogy and it has its limitations.)
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    There are plenty infact...
    one thing I like most is our Prayers are not for self alone,we pray for the entire Humanity "sarve loka sugino bhavanthu"- what a beautiful concept!That in short explains Hinduism.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Is it possible to make judgement , a choice.? Can anybody fathom the full depths of this Great Ocean? How can one pick up just one thing, when you get anything and everything-uncountable. It is a perennial source of everything.

But still as the question is put, I will try to answer with my limited capability and capacity. -- just like a person standing on beach, enjoying the breeze, and wondering about the sea, where it starts and where it ends!

Yes, I like(wonder) its all inclusiveness. I like its acceptance of opposites, --protagonists and antagonists. I like its capacity to absorb and dilute anything fierce, It has space for the bachelor and Grihasta, it has space for the Ekapatnivrita and the polygamous:
    In the same epic it has Dasaratha and Rama, not accepting one or blaming the other.

To put in one sentence what is astonishing to me in this religion is that this encompasses all that human race needs,:- was, is and will be.

Sorry, I fail in this. Everything is astonishing

Greetings
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    We wax eloquent about our religion. We hardly practice what we preach. That is the most astonishing thing about our religion.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahma Rishi View Post
    We wax eloquent about our religion. We hardly practice what we preach. That is the most astonishing thing about our religion.
    The fault lies in us only.The cure is within us.Only conviction and determination is called for.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    What i like about Sanathana Dharma is the fact that the mind is allowed to explore, question,agree and diasgree in various aspects of the Its practical application.
    No form of compulsion is ever imposed at any stage and rules are not rigid as to force down facts one's throat at sword point.
    Wrong is viewed as Right turned inside out and not condemned to Hell with no way out.
    Can there be a flower more beautiful than Sanathana Dharma whose petals can paint a picture of different shades.
    Last edited by renuka; 15-11-2009 at 10:33 AM.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Great great and great views... I expected these only. Let we see other opinions too. This shows the greatness of our religion. See there are 'n' numbers of things for which we love this religion. For this very same reason itself, we should get pride over it. Thanks to all for your active psotings.

Pranams
    Kann Kalikkumpadi kandukonden Kadambadaviyil
    pann kalikkum kural veenaiyum kaiyum payodharamum
    mann kalikkum pachai vannamum aghi mathangar kula
    penngalil thondria emperumaatithan perazhage

(Abirami Andhadhi)
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Durgadasan i agree with you and thanks for starting this thread.
    but only one thing i beg to differ is we should not pride over Sanathana Dharma.
    Pride invariably comes with Prejudice.
    Love is the best feeling one should have towards Sanathana Dharma.
    Love is the only weapon that can cause massive destruction of negativity and reinstates Dharma.

cheers
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast