• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Adarsh building is not guilty: There's no point demolishing it, give it to war widows

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Adarsh building is not guilty: There's no point demolishing it, give it to war widows

No one favours corruption. Not you. Not me. Not the court which earlier on Friday ordered the demolition of the 31-storey Adarsh co-operative Housing society in Mumbai.

Now, that is a lot of cement and steel and a jolly impressive structure. If the high court in its wisdom has found it to be a scam and now wishes to have the officers involved face criminal charges so that the anti-corruption message goes out strong and clear, so be it.

Read morte at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/adar...t-army-congress-bjp-sonia-gandhi-2756980.html

It should be auctioned to the highest bidder! Let market place decide the price!!

When forced sale is effected through auction,

the property auctioned will not fetch the market / fair price.
All amount has to be paid in white; most will not participate in auction.
Besides, there are some strong syndicates in every city to participate in in auction sale to "manage" it to get in cheaper rate.

When forced sale is effected through auction,

the property auctioned will not fetch the market / fair price.
All amount has to be paid in white; most will not participate in auction.
Besides, there are some strong syndicates in every city to participate in in auction sale to "manage" it to get in cheaper rate.

I agree to this. This is what happened in Tamil Nadu when there was auction/bidding for sale of liquor IMFL, I believe.

In India, they do punish the wrong people for "some corruption". The corruption of the owners of CSK of IPL, the fans and the players of CSK were penalized.

IN USA the auction of building is a fair game, it fetches an open market price. I have been able to buy distressed property and rehabilitate it for a good profit.

One cannot compare India with U.S. for everything. In U.S. one can get a GUN and Ammunition at a Mall which cannot happen in India and in U.S. one see young girls wearing the flag as a bikini.

Every country practice different culture.

hi

there are lot of war widows are HOMELESS IN india....these houses can allot them....

One cannot compare India with U.S. for everything. In U.S. one can get a GUN and Ammunition at a Mall which cannot happen in India and in U.S. one see young girls wearing the flag as a bikini.

Every country practice different culture.
I know the moment you saw my post you wanted to write something nasty and contradict it. I wish you read my post first.
My post had 2 paragraphs. The first one was about how just it was to punish the wrong people for a crime.
The second was a possible solution to a building that was going to be razed. That was the reason for separation of the sentence. There was no comparison of culture of two countries, in my post.
I know you think you are the paragon and protector of "CULTURE". Give it a breather, there was no culture in that paragraph, it was economics.
Actually I was agreeing with Vganeji's POV in post#2.
It should be auctioned to the highest bidder! Let market place decide the price!!

Last edited:

What is the crime.....?

Who are the wrong people punished...?

You seems to be in the habit of seeing most of the things nasty. So I think the mistake is not with others.......

If you agree with Vganesh Ji, it does mean you agree to sell the building in auction.

Do you have any idea of violations involved?

This location was considered as a sensitive coastal area by the Indian Defence Force and there are lot of defence stablishments located nearby.

If one permit this, will it not be a bad precedent…??

Tomorrow, some other builder will construct a similar apartment violating all established rules.

And will approach the Court citing the precedent.

Do you know what happened to Campa Cola building?

Why they demolished that building?

Last edited by a moderator:
Root of corruption is in its foundation!

ChV8SoIUoAAM6KR.jpg

What is the crime.....?

Who are the wrong people punished...?

You seems to be in the habit of seeing most of the things nasty. So I think the mistake is not with others.......

If you agree with Vganesh Ji, it does mean you agree to sell the building in auction.

Do you have any idea of violations involved?

This location was considered as a sensitive coastal area by the Indian Defence Force and there are lot of defence stablishments located nearby.

If one permit this, will it not be a bad precedent…??

Tomorrow, some other builder will construct a similar apartment violating all established rules.

And will approach the Court citing the precedent.

Do you know what happened to Campa Cola building?

Why they demolished that building?

Yes I agree that in USA you can not build without a building permit. So there are no illegal structures. I agree with Vganeji and you that an illegal building should be demolished.

IN USA the auction of building is a fair game, it fetches an open market price. I have been able to buy distressed property and rehabilitate it for a good profit.

What does this mean??

Which are distressed properties??

First of all why do the Authorities concerned allow construction of illegal buildings?

Just go through this link which speaks volume.

May be a sample case:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-federal-zoning-probe-webmay23-story.html

Don't generalise, try be more specific.

It is human everywhere.

What does this mean??
If a bank mortgage is not paid or taxes are not paid, the bank or the taxing agency will action the building. Others can buy the building and renovate and rehabilitate it.If it did not meet the building code, the city or county would like it to comply with the ordinance.

Which are distressed properties??
Read above.

First of all why do the Authorities concerned allow construction of illegal buildings?
Not withstanding your link, it is not common to have illegal buildings in USA.
You are pointing to an abnormal condition. That is not the norm.
So it is rare to have illegal building in USA.

Just go through this link which speaks volume.

May be a sample case:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-federal-zoning-probe-webmay23-story.html

Don't generalise, try be more specific.

It is human everywhere.

You generalize on the basis of Norm, there can be specific and sometime unexpected exceptions.
There are no 100% right statement all the time.
Sun comes up everyday is not a correct statement all the time. We do call it sunrise.

You generalize on the basis of Norm, there can be specific and sometime unexpected exceptions.
There are no 100% right statement all the time.

This is a nice cover up.

I can hear someone saying;

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."
[SUP][4]

Source: [/SUP]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

This is a nice cover up.

I can hear someone saying;

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."
[SUP][4]

Source: [/SUP]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

:target::second::frusty::kev:

Other than that I do not have to say anything. You are very close to the ignore list keep it up. This kind of trolling does no good.

Last edited:

I just remember Mr. Xarang who is not very active nowadays. I will prove different.
:wave:

The Bombay high court’s order to demolish the Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society in Mumbai, meant to punish corrupt officials, could exact significant collateral damage as many flat owners are retired army personnel and war widows. Alternative possibilities should have been explored to ensure genuine home buyers are not hurt.
Adarsh society has been embroiled in controversy since 2010, when it came to light that many politicians and bureaucrats had been allotted flats in the housing project meant for 1999 Kargil war widows and retired army personnel. Maharashtra government’s Adarsh Commission found a dozen IAS officers responsible for flouting norms and recommended cancelling memberships of 25 ineligible owners out of a total of 102 flats. The union environment ministry in 2011 termed the building unauthorised as it had not taken a mandatory Coastal Regulation Zone clearance. The court’s decision to initiate criminal proceedings against those involved is a welcome step, but demolition of the entire building looks harsh.
Cancelling of all 2G licences by the court in response to the 2G scam under UPA, was another instance of a sweeping order which turned the clock back for legitimate investors. In contrast, when the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government cancelled all allotments of petrol pumps from 2000 to 2002, the Supreme Court had stepped in and cancelled 297 of the 409 allotments found guilty of violating rules. Hopefully the Real Estate Regulatory Authority Bill, just passed by Parliament, will avert future real estate booby traps of the Adarsh variety. The law now makes it mandatory for builders to post all relevant information regarding permissions in the public domain. In case of Adarsh, perhaps even now some restitution can be made to genuine buyers as the case will go up to the Supreme Court.
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...&utm_campaign=TOInewHP&utm_medium=Widget_Stry

why can't the court go case by case on all the flats owners and summarily cancel the sale deed and ownership title where the person is not the intended beneficiary (retired defence personnel with a lower rank, war widows, etc.). the vacant flats so created by dismissing the ownership can be allotted to more such beneficiaries and the case brought to a logical and happy end where the developed property will also get preserved. anyway even after demolition it will be next to impossible to restore the land back to its original shape and will most likely become a junk yard. gifting the flats to deserving personnel from army i feel will be the right slap on all the corrupt folks who wanted a marque address to reside.

If it does not meet compliance then make the builder or investor rectify it. If it can be rectified then it may have to be demolished.

Last edited:
Whatever action is taken, it would not stop corruption in India.

Corrupt officials thrive at the support of corrupt politicians.

It appears, as court has hesitated to give direct punishment to corrupt officials, corrupt politicians,the builders and the persons who got benefited by the sale proceeds. Instead, inflicted the punishment to the building !!!

Who will bear the burnt now ? many innocent owners of flats, I suppose.
Corruption could ever escape through all the routes including judiciary.

ஆதர்ஷ் குடியிருப்பை மத்திய அரசு கையகப்படுத்த வேண்டும்: உச்ச நீதிமன்றம் பரபரப்பு தீர்ப்பு

Adarsh_2833692f_2942643f.jpg

படம்: பிரசாந்த் நக்வி.

‘‘மும்பையில் சர்ச்சைக்குரிய 31 மாடி கட்டிடத்தை மத்திய அரசு கையகப்படுத்தி பாதுகாக்க வேண்டும்’’ என்று உச்ச நீதிமன்றம் தீர்ப்பளித்தது.

கார்கில் போரில் உயிர் தியாகம் செய்த வீரர்களின் குடும்பத்தினருக்காக, மும்பை கொலபாவில் அடுக்குமாடி வீடுகள் வழங்க திட்டமிடப்பட்டது. இதற்காக ஆதர்ஷ் வீட்டு வசதி சொசைட்டி தொடங்கப்பட்டது. இந்த சொசைட்டி விதிகளை மீறி 31 மாடி கட்டிடத்தை கட்டியதாக புகார் எழுந்தது. அத்துடன், அரசியல்வாதிகள், அவர்களது உறவினர்கள், அதிகாரிகள் என பல தரப்பினருக்கும் சட்டவிரோதமாக வீடுகள் ஒதுக்கப்பட்டதாக குற்றம் சாட்டப்பட்டது.

இதையடுத்து 31 மாடி கட்டிடத்தை இடித்து தள்ள மத்திய சுற்றுச்சூழல் அமைச்சகம் கடந்த 2011-ம் ஆண்டு உத்தரவிட்டது. இதை எதிர்த்து ஆதர்ஷ் சொசைட்டியினர் மும்பை உயர் நீதிமன்றத்தில் மேல்முறையீடு செய்தனர். அந்த வழக்கை விசாரித்த உயர் நீதிமன்றம், ஆதர்ஷ் கட்டிடத்தை இடித்து தள்ளவும், முறைகேடுகளில் ஈடுபட்ட அரசியல்வாதிகள், அதிகாரிகள் மீது நடவடிக்கை எடுக்கவும் உத்தரவிட்டது.

இந்த உத்தரவை எதிர்த்து மகாராஷ்டிரா அரசு உச்ச நீதிமன்றத்தில் மேல்முறையீடு செய்தது. அந்த வழக்கை உச்ச நீதிமன்ற நீதிபதிகள் ஜே.சலமேஸ்வர், ஏ.எம்.சாப்ரே ஆகியோர் அடங்கிய அமர்வு விசாரித்தது. இந்த வழக்கு மீண்டும் விசாரணைக்கு வந்தது. ஆதர்ஷ் சொசைட்டி சார்பில் ஆஜரான வழக்கறிஞர், கட்டிடத்தை இடிக்க மும்பை உயர் நீதிமன்றம் பிறப்பித்த உத்தரவுக்கு தடை விதிக்கும்படி கேட்டுக் கொண்டார்.

அப்போது நீதிபதிகள் தங்கள் தீர்ப்பில் கூறும்போது, ‘‘ஆதர்ஷ் கட்டிடத்தை மத்திய அரசு கையகப்படுத்தி பாதுகாக்க வேண்டும்’’ என்று உத்தரவிட்டனர். மேலும், மும்பை உயர் நீதிமன்ற தீர்ப்பை எதிர்த்து மேல்முறையீடு செய்த அனைத்து தரப்பினரும் பதில் அளிக்க நோட்டீஸ் அனுப்ப உத்தரவிட்டனர்.

மத்திய அரசு சார்பில் ஆஜரான சொலிசிட்டர் ஜெனரல் ரஞ்சித் குமார் கூறும்போது, ‘‘ஆதர்ஷ் கட்டிடத்தை இடிக்க மாட்டோம். ஆதர்ஷ் கட்டிடத்தையும் நிலத்தையும் கையகப்படுத்தி பாதுகாப்போம்’’ என்று உறுதி அளித்தார்.

Read more at: http://tamil.thehindu.com/india/ஆதர...்பு-தீர்ப்பு/article8886813.ece?homepage=true

[h=1]SC tells MoD to take over Adarsh Housing Society in Mumbai, stays demolition plan[/h]The Supreme Court on Friday directed the defence ministry to take possession of the Adarsh Housing Society apartments in Mumbai and the land on which the building stands and secure it from encroachment.
A bench of Justices J. Chelameswar and A.M. Sapre asked the Mumbai municipal authorities not to carry out the demolition of the building, though it did not pass a specific order to this effect.
On the Adarsh Housing Society’s persistence that the Bombay High Court decision ordering demolition be stayed, the bench said the word “secure” meant there would be no razing.
Earlier, senior counsel Shekar Naphade, appearing for the society, pleaded that the Bombay High Court order directing demolition of the structure and resumption of lands be stayed. Solicitor general Ranjit Kumar assured that the defence ministry would secure the building and the land and there would be no demolition.
When the bench wanted to know whether there was any occupant in the flats, Mr Naphade and the SG informed the court that the building was lying unoccupied from 2010. The SG said the occupancy certificate issued to the society was later rescinded and no one had occupied the flats.
Mr Naphade, however, said some of them had kept their furniture in the flats and the office-bearers may be allowed to remove them. The bench agreed and passed an order to this effect.
The Bench also asked the registrar-general of the Bombay HC to ensure that either he, or a registrar nominated by him, oversee the handing over of possession of the building on or before August 5.http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...-society-in-mumbai-stays-demolition-plan.html

Appears to be a prudent decision; implementation is to be ensured.

Most Governments are least bothered about obeying the court orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back