• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

oil pulling

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

I don't know whether the OIL pulling is already posted and many/all of us are aware of it.
Neverthless, I share what I know in regard to this:
This means swishing the gingelly oil in the mouth early in the morning, first thing , in empty stomach for about 10 mts and spitting it out. Then brush teeth or whatever.
The benefits include
1 Quite good oral care is ensured
2. For other benefits please check and read in Google :"oil pulling"
From my side I would add on :
1. The swishing time though normaly 10-15 mts the end point will be the liquid in the mouth should become thin like water and colour change to white.
2. The spittal after the swirlings contains toxic materials and hence spit in commode[not in wash basins and general sinks] and flush immediately adequate water.
3.The time used while swirling in mouth can be used parallely to skim a news paper, watering some plants, doing a bit house keeping, Cleaning vehilcles etc. like.
4. Never drink the swirls for the reasons stated in above 2,
Kind Regards

Last edited:
Thank you Dr. Sir. Normally we were asked to do this whenever we have wounds in mouth (Pls. let me know if there is a more suitable word). Glad to know that it has far reaching benefits.

Pranams,
Sriram Sivaraman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back