• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Puzzle time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

2c9f3fed-fbbf-424c-94c6-1e8aba8118d9.jpg

I could get three ways to 'fix' and my nephew's wife found the fourth one too! :thumb:
Rack your brain and find out, friends! :welcome:

0 + 4 = 4 (life the horizontal matchstick from the 6 to make it 0)
8 - 4 = 4 (lift the vertical matchstick from the addition symbol and attach it to 6 to make it 8)
5 + 4 = 9 (move the bottom left vertical stick from 6 and keep it at the top of the result to make it 9)

Well done Auh Ji and very well done K B Ji! :clap2:

Shall tell my nephew's wife about the fifth solution! :)

Remove the horizontal stick from the top of numeral six - the numeral still remains six - and use the stick to make equal sign to not equal sign. the equation becomes 6 + 4 IS NOT EQUAL to 4

Last edited:
கால பைரவன்;343056 said:
Found two more.

5 + 4 ≠ 4 (move the bottom left vertical stick from 6 and put it across the 'equal to' sign to make it a 'not equal to' sign)

6 - 4 ≠ 4 (similar as above)

Hehehe...

Remove the horizontal stick from the top of numeral six - the numeral still remains six - and use the stick to make equal sign to not equal sign. the equation becomes 6 + 4 IS NOT EQUAL to 9

Remove the bottom right vertical stick from 6 to make it E and put across the equal to sign to make it ≠. and the equation becomes

E + 4 ≠ 4

Remove the bottom right vertical stick from 6 to make it E and put across the equal to sign to make it ≠. and the equation becomes

E + 4 ≠ 4
Do you write 3 like a kid?? :D

I guess the puzzle is only with numbers.

Remove the horizontal stick from the top of numeral six - the numeral still remains six - and use the stick to make equal sign to not equal sign. the equation becomes 6 + 4 IS NOT EQUAL to 4
I told this solution when my nephew's wife brought in the [FONT=MathJax_Main]≠ [/FONT]fundA but my family said that I should NOT change that 6!! :becky:

One more... :)

Take one matchstick and strike it on a matchbox and burn the other matchsticks to get convenient equations...

I posted this puzzle a few months back in one thread started by Renu but did not get any reply. Hence this re-post! :D

Without taking off the tip of a pen or pencil, ALL the nine dots should be connected by four straight lines only.

riddle.bmp.jpg

Great Prof. Sir! First solution is perfect; can have three more variations starting from dots in other corners.

But the second ..... Dots have to be tiny circles! :D

This puzzle appeared in Reader's Digest long long back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back