• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Breast Tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see what has been done to women of lower castes, my blood boils.

It is sad that class of people have been subjects of such humiliation by upper castes.

In fact I felt ashamed that my so called higher caste was responsible for such acts of barbarisms in the garb of caste.

when shall we be rid of acts of cruelty in name of caste or religion.?

I shall await a new india where such things will not matter.

It is sad that class of people have been subjects of such humiliation by upper castes.

In fact I felt ashamed that my so called higher caste was responsible for such acts of barbarisms in the garb of caste.

Karna was a suitor for Draupadi at her swayamvara. Unlike most other contenders, he was easily able to wield and string the bow, but as he got up to take part, Draupadi refused him the honor of taking part in the competition. She refused to be the wife of a suta-putra (son of a charioteer).

Such கர்ணபரமபரை stories of untouchability are heard even today!!

Last edited:
Karna was a suitor for Draupadi at her swayamvara. Unlike most other contenders, he was easily able to wield and string the bow, but as he got up to take part, Draupadi refused him the honor of taking part in the competition. She refused to be the wife of a suta-putra (son of a charioteer).

Such கர்ணபரமபரை stories of untouchability are heard even today!!

Only in கர்ணபரமபரை stories the ladies refused to accept suta-putra.
But in modern age, many Brahmin Draupadis are running after sutra - putras and marry them merrily for reasons best known to them.

A very poor low caste woman was once asked to pay a hefty breast tax (because she was well endowed) by the Breast Inspector and since that woman was abjectly poor, she requested the Inspector to come after some time so that she could manage the tax amount. When the high caste inspector came again, he found two breasts on a full plantain leaf and the woman, dead due to excessive bleeding, lying nearby. The inspector as well as the local populace were highly moved and the incident reported to the king. The tax was then abolished. Let us pay homage to that one brave woman today!

When I see what has been done to women of lower castes, my blood boils............
Was your blood cool when you heard about the barbaric deeds committed against widowed brahmin women,

irrespective of their age, years back? Womenfolk were ill-treated in all the castes.

Its sad to read about a woman cutting off her own body parts to prove a point and die in that process.

Its sad to read about a woman cutting off her own body parts to prove a point and die in that process.[/QUOTE

True But look at Kannagis story! She did not die and now she is worshipped in Kerala as Attukal Bhagavathi

"Next, Kannagi takes to the street, marching around the city three times and then finally tearing off her left breast and throwing it to the roofs of the city, asking that the entire city be consumed by fire, and that only the righteous be spared. Agni obliges, and the mighty, holy city of Madurai is utterly destroyed".

I am going to deviate from the OP. Sorry
I have not participated in this thread till now.
The title of the thread is titillating to say the least.
[h=1]Breast Tax![/h]
The "!" is very similar to "i".

This happened in 1803 in Cherthala in Alappuzha district! The place is named as mulachiparambu. The husband jumped into the funeral pyre of his wife and committed sati...Nangeli is the woman and her husband is Chirukandan! A poignant story!!

Lip service as usual.

I am going to deviate from the OP. Sorry
I have not participated in this thread till now.
The title of the thread is titillating to say the least.
Breast Tax!

The "!" is very similar to "i".

Deviation from normal is வக்ரம் when சுக்கரன் becomes வக்ரன் his effects go தலை கீழ் - ulta - In வக்ர (குண்டக மண்டக in சாெம் மாெழி) பார்வை i will become !

Condtioned Reflex - Pavlovs animal could salivate hearing a bell ring with no food to trigger salivation! Seeing breast on print in a thread may be titilating when there is no such triggerl Interesting to see such conditioned reflex

In TB marriages, immediately after "MoonRu mudichu "....bridegroom will be asked to pay.... brides mother some money as "SambAvanai"...... called "mulaip pAl coolie".

Is this practice still prevalent ?

The place in Cherthala where Nangeli made her sacri ice is known as Mulachipa rambu, which in Malayalam means `the land of woman's breasts'. However, with locals reluctant to spell out this name, it is now popularly known as Manorama Kavala (kavala means junction). Looks lot of people seems to be uncomfortable with the title like the one in #11 "The title of the thread is titillating to say the least.

Professor Ajay Sekher, a Kottayam-based researcher who has also blogged about Nangeli, said: "It is unfortunate that people are forget ting this illuminating episode in the long fight for human rights, dignity and equality in Kerala. It is not right to erase this tragic historical incident from our collective consciences, as if it never happened.'

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjC2pX5yK3LAhXBno4KHTamAc0QFggfMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Fcity%2Fchennai%2FShe-died-fighting-breast-tax-her-name-lives-on%2Farticleshow%2F51283819.cms&usg=AFQjCNEJPTVbRWAZABvaYyoSzL2CG02OYw&sig2=yo-nWyR5jOyxrkZT4Y7vHw

hi

i used to live near cherthala, alapuzha distt...its called mararikulam near kalavur in 70s....but i never heard this kind of stories...

may be later....in fact cherthala has nice devi temple.....

hi

i used to live near cherthala, alapuzha distt...its called mararikulam near kalavur in 70s....but i never heard this kind of stories...

may be later....in fact cherthala has nice devi temple.....

The "nangeli" incident is very old, going back in centuries, perhaps. Local people of Cherthala are not comfortable with publicity for this.

During 70s or so, when the famous Illustrated Weekly , big size was beIng published the Russian / keralite pAmbassador was writing about the specialities of all the states, once a week.e
In the issue, about speciality seen in Kerala, Ihe Ambassador wrote that in Namboodri caste, only the Eldest marries in their community , the rest are free to marry other than Namboodries or have Concubines.Women of all other castes took it as a pride to be the Concubine for a Namboodri Brahmin
One more interesting matter is this :- the concubines of Namboodries may be married women, but all the more The Namboodri would be the Prime male to visit the concubines house any time ., even thoghthe woman is the wife of some one else?.
Namboodri always carries a Chombuwill quietl of Water to the lady;s house & places the same at the entrance. Before entering.
If the so called Husband happens to come to the house,& seeing the Chombu , Will quietly leave & return after knowing that Namboodri has left,!
One more custom:- iIf the women walking on theRoad , after field working, & happen to cross a Namboodri Brahmin,would take off her upper cloth ,despite the fact the women are Brested.as a mark of RESPECT!
Rishikesan (a.Srinivasan)

P svon in Namboodri marries a brahmin about the culture of Very Orthodox Namboodri Brahmins privailing then.
Only the
Db4
Es a Week.o
Ig size

Women of all other castes took it as a pride to be the Concubine for a Namboodri Brahmin

One more custom:- iIf the women walking on theRoad , after field working, & happen to cross a Namboodri Brahmin,would take off her upper cloth ,despite the fact the women are Brested.as a mark of RESPECT!
Rishikesan (a.Srinivasan)

Wow! This is better than Las Vegas!

Namboos get to see a strip show for free!
Women taking pride to be their mistresses.

Pity other states Brahmin males..they never experienced Vegas!LOL
Sad state for other Brahmins..they never got to see Choli Ke Peechey Kya Hai!LOL

So the original sin city was in India!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back