• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gents litting the kuttivalaku at pooja room

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no restrictions fo gents to light kuthuvilakku in pooja room.
But in our culture when a girl enters into brides house first she is asked to
light kuthuvilakku in the pooja room and called as vilaketra vantha marumagal.
thus we are hounouring her she is a symbal of mahalakshmi in our house.
Kutu vilaku is also we called as sridevis roopam mummurthys are in the kuhu vilakku.
So in our tradition it is beleived that when daughter in law aor s daughter or mother grand mother
i.e sumangali s in the house when they light the vilakku it will bring lakshmi kadaksham to the ouse.
But it does not barred the gents to light the vilaku in temples all archakas i.e gents light the deepam
But the ladies are after marriage the departed from their family and get into a new house as daughter in law.
we also welcome her and ask her to light the vilakku first as a symbolic of bringing sowbagyam to our house.
I hope there is no superiorty complex in lighting kuthuvilakku by ladies.

But when it is no possible like menses period like we can do that duty. We believe that lighting kuthuvilakku by
a sumangali will bring all sowbagyam to our house or shop or business.

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back