• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How many days do you work?...[ TVK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

After 4 years of selfless service, I realized that I had not been prmoted, no salary increment, no commendation.
So I decided to walk up to my HR Manager. The manager looked at me, smiled and asked me to sit down saying: "My friend you have not worked here for even a single day."

I was shocked to hear this !!!, but the manager went on to explain, and here's the conversation that took place.

Manager: How many days are there in a year?
Me: 365 days and sometimes 366.
Manager: Do u come to work on weekends?
Me: No sir.
Manager: How many days are there in a year that are weekends?
Me: 52 Saturdays and 52 Sundays equals to 104 days.
Manager: Thanks for that. If u remove 104 days from 366 days. how many days
do u now have?
Me: 262 days
Manager: How many hours make up a day?
Me: 24 Hours.
Manager: How long do u work in a day?
Me: 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm
(i.e 8 hours a day.)
Manager: So, what fraction of the day do u work in hours?
Me: 8/24
i.e 1/3 (one third).
Manager: This is nice of u! what is 1/3rd of 262 days?
Me: 87
(1/3 x 262 = 87days)
Manager: I do give u 2 weeks sick leave, 15 days casual leave, 5 days optional leave, 30 days earned leave every year. Now remove that 64 days from the 87 days left. How many days do u have remaining?
Me: 23 days.
Manager: Do u work on festivals ? (20 days)
Me: No Sir!
Manager: Do u work on Republic Day?
Me: No sir!
Manager: Do u come to work on Independance Day?
Me: No sir!
Manager: So how many days r left?
Me: 1 day sir!
Manager: Do you come to work on New year's day..?
Me: No sir..!!
Manager: So how many days are left?
Me: None Sir!
Manager: So what r u
claiming?
Me: I have understood, Sir. I did not realise that I was stealing company
money all these days.
Moral - NEVER GO TO HR FOR HELP!!!
(HR-HIGH RISK.)
So, How many days do you work?

[ Source FaceBook }

Manager: How many hours make up a day?
Me: 24 Hours.
Manager: How long do u work in a day?

Me: 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm
(i.e 8 hours a day.)
Manager: So, what fraction of the day do u work in hours?
Me: 8/24
i.e 1/3 (one third).
Manager: This is nice of u! what is 1/3rd of 262 days?
Me: 87
(1/3 x 262 = 87days).....
​This IS the trap!! :lol:

There is an incorrect logic in post # 1...Can anyone spot! We can declare the winner!
Dear Ganesh,

I guess it is the 'trap' I had mentioned in my earlier post.

How can a day's work be taken as 24 hours when it is normally 9 to 5 with a lunch break, in many offices?

The employee actually worked 87 days out of 262 days, at the rate of 8 hours a day. Leave entitlement and other holidays pertain to the remaining days i.e. 262 days minus 87 days.

The employee actually worked 87 days out of 262 days, at the rate of 8 hours a day. Leave entitlement and other holidays pertain to the remaining days i.e. 262 days minus 87 days.[/QUOTE

You are absolutely right!

images

Mr Chandru!! Congratulations!!

HR is a special breed in every organization - with massive powers and without any accountability. HR staff, when shifted to other departments have fared very badly. They can argue every case - as beautifully described in the original post as a conversation- and it is a classic example. Very good post.

There existed a clever master in our school, who used to lend money to the poor for a nominal (!!) interest.

He would argue like this: 'If I give you 10 rupees, you should give 11 next week. To save your search for a

one rupee, I will give you 9 rupees now and you can give a 10 rupee note next week' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back