• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
தந்தை சொல் மிக்கதோர் மந்திரமில்லை

Do you know that our ancients who said that
(தந்தை சொல் மிக்கதோர் மந்திரமில்லை
There is no Mantra greater than father's words )
have also stated the following in இனியவை நாற்பது?
‘‘தந்தையே ஆயினும்தான் அடங்கான் ஆகுமேல்
கொண்டு அடையான் ஆகல் இனிது.
(தந்தையாயிருந்தாலும் சரி அவன் அடக்க மற்றவனாயிருப்பின், அவன்
சொல்லைக் கேட்டு நடக்காமல் இருப்பதே நலம்’’ )
Even if it be your father,
if he lacks humility and is haughty
Don't listen to him and bother
Listening to him is not your duty

( the English translation is mine)

Last edited:
A teacher should as a whole,
be a dedicated and determined soul;
He must have sound knowledge,
Whether he works in a school or a college.
He must be sincere and prudent,
And be an inspiration for the student.
Must be a virtual role model,
And an abode of virtues and morals

Apart from dedication and determination which are object oriented, he should set an example himself by living a teacher. He should not enter the class after finishing a cigarette.

Sound knowledge alone is not enough. A fresh mind which is ready to follow the thought processes of a raw student intellect and lead it along, getting surprised at every new encounter with a piece of info. jumping with joy at that achivement and making that student feel like a prince and with mind that dances with joy when a student's face brightens up like a 100 watts bulb on learning a difficult to understand lesson -- these are the qualities of good teacher. I am lucky as i had such teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back