• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Attainement of Puberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Elders,

I would like to get your views on rituals and restriction that may apply for members living in a house where a girl has attained puberty.

I have asked a few (4) priests and I got differing views: examples:

do not light the family altar lamp for 9days, 21days and 40 days .
family should not attend prayers at temple for x days until fire ceremony for the girl is done at home?
etc

I am now confused ...

Your guidance and advice would be appreciated. Is there a literature that can be of help?

Nandri

I hope you man that your daugher asttain kmaturity. In that case if you are a brahmin the girl to be
kept alone from the house. due to firt period in her life we should celeberate it your elders can guide in the
regard seasame powder with vellam to be given to that girl on first day. Ulunthu kanki or ulunthu urndai
tobe given on sencond day these are to clear her body on 4th day or 5tjh dau depends upon her body
condition mangala snanam to be done then she has sigt in the manai and mangala ghravayangal or to be offered
new clothes garlands or givn to her normaly the maternal uncle should do seer on account of this
after than ony we should go to temple thill that time offering prayers or doing spl lpoohja in house are restirctd.
washing the house doing punyahavachan are must.
but doing nithya karmanustanam by male members adn nithya poota are to be
done regjlarly.

If yu are a NB then you should not do prayers and spl poohna for one m0ont frm the date of attainin puberty.
afdter that wholde house should bwe washed and white waswt if posibel done PUnyahavachan to be done
then ,mangala dravyangal new clothes garlands or to be goviven to her She should be seperate in a small
house build with grass i.e kudisai to be built byu her murai maman and he should give seer to her fist time

RSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back