• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vadhula gothra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all

I belong to Vathula gothra. As Gothra is very very essential to find out our root sage, Iam totally unable to find any details about "Vathula maharishi". if anyone knows anything about him, just share. Also, I invite all vathula gothrothapavsyas to say atleast a hi here. We will be all brothers and sisters (might be of some thousands generations or just a single generation).

Pranams

Gothra is another inheritance. If each gothra sect starts aligning with their counterparts in these forums, it will create further divisions. Let us not try to align based on gothram in this forum

All the best

Dear Sir following details you can have for your gothram
.I say hai to you as brother but not belonging to vatula !

Vatul (Vathul / Vatula / Vathula) is a Sanskrit word that has several meanings including "enlightened, lashed by the wind to the point of losing one's sanity, god's madcap, detached from the world, and seeker of truth." The terms Vatul and Baul are applied to mystics, originally Hindu and Sufi-Muslims respectively, who dedicated their lives to the quest for spiritual harmony and experience.
Vatul was also a Rishi who gave his name to a Gotra, or a Hindu Brahmin line of descent. Vatula Maharishi was reportedly prone to great distraction, which some ascribe to deep, consciousness-expanding meditation.
“[Vatula] gothram is prevalent both in Iyers and Iyengars.” This may be explained by the presence of Bhargava, a Vaishnava rishi . The three main rishis of Vatula Gotram are Bhargava, Vaitahavya and Saavedasa.Bhargava refers to the lineage of Bhrigu Maharishi, the foster father of Goddess Lakshmi worshipped as Bhargavi.”

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
Vathula Gothra is my mother side Gothra.Though I belong to Koushika Gothra my motherside Gothra is Vathula Gothra.
Normally Koushika Gothra People will be bold and never care abt the consequences and always be bold and face the Consequences.
This is my opinion.
This may be due to the gean of ,"Shatriya" hiding behind every atom of their blood.
I think all gothras have a specific Character.

Normally Koushika Gothra People will be bold and never care abt the consequences and always be bold and face the Consequences. This is my opinion.
This may be due to the gean of ,"Shatriya" hiding behind every atom of their blood.

Shri TSSN:
Your opinion is not very fact based, it is just lot of hot air laced with supremacist delusion. Varna is just in the prejudiced minds of people, not in any gene. Gothra has no legitimate purpose.

I guess, this is quite different from one's saying is 'illogical and irrational'. This again shows how this person operates.

But then, I am in the weird position of concurring with his conclusion.

Regards,
KRS

Shri TSSN:
Your opinion is not very fact based, it is just lot of hot air laced with supremacist delusion. Varna is just in the prejudiced minds of people, not in any gene. Gothra has no legitimate purpose.

Respected Ramani Sir,
Iam certainly not trying for that. I just wanna know more about the rishi. As a part, I invited those belonging to that gothra also. Since we consider the people belonging to same gothra as borthers, we won't marry within the same gothra. And according to a curiosity only, I just made it. All the great rishis who started their lineages are almost equal and uncomparable and certaainly there is no diviosn accordingly. Also, I go with T. S. S. As per his view, the genetics will still continue. The people with same gothra (lineage) possess almost same qualities.

Durgadasan ji,

I somehow cannot accept that people from same gothra possess almost similar qualities. I was born under Athreya gothram, but married to a person from Kaushika gothram, which means that I now belong to Kaushika gothram. How will I possess qualities of kaushika gothram? Anyway off late we do hear of people from same gothram getting married to each other...

As for the question for Vathula gothram, my mother was born under Vathula gothram...which kind of makes me one quarter Vathula :D and my sister's married gothram is Vathula...

Mythili

Another question continuing from Durgadasanji's question.... if someone born under Kaushika gothram was adopted (sveekaram) by someone by say Athreya gothram, can that person (or even their children or grand children) marry someone from Kaushika gothram? (I know this can be very confusing but just curious...)

Mythili

Madam,
I will try to explain this with what I know.
there are two types of sweekara- one is sweekara (that is the boy/girl should be totally for the adopted parents) and other is abhimana- That is the boy/girl will be the abhimana progeny of the adopted parents, but they are still the authentic progeny of their own parents. In the case of sweekara, the gothra has been changed and he/she is even capable of doing "aparakriyas" only to the adopted father. In that case, I think you can marry in same gothra considering you left from that gothra. But in case of abhimana, it is not like that.

My Grandpa (Father's father) is a sweekara son. But he has given like that for his won younger father (Chittappa). So there has been no gothra change.

Anyhow am also eager to see other postings regarding this. I also dont know what manusmruthi says regarding this...

There is a Saying about which I hope every member of this forum will agree.That is ," Kousiga Gothra Kusumbu" I belong to Kousika Gothram.
I feel many examples in Vathula Gothra (My mothers Gothra) there are Many Histeria Patients.At least One in 10 families I saw examples like this.
Adoption can never be counted to it.Like the same way If a girl from one Gothra is married to another gothra immediately she can not be taken in to account of the husbands gothra.The issues of the Pair may be considered,because of mix of blood.
Normally I feel that many Kousiga Gothra people including me will argue till last and be adament towards what they say.
I compared my nature to that of many Kousiga Gothra people.

Namaskaram Durgadasan Ji,
As my son-in-law is also of Vathula Gothra I made some resarch after your posting,
The primary Rishi of your Gothram is Bhargava.
Do make a search about sage Bhargava

Bhargava is Brigu rishi. He once hitted mahavishnu's chest with his leg and lakshmi went off with angry. Later, he did penance and got lakshmi as his daughter (Bargavi). He has an eye in his leg, which was plucked by vishnu in relation to the abovementioned incident. "Kaalukku kizha kandan vekkanum". a known proverb came from him only.

Bhargava, vedahavyar, savedasa these are 3 rishis contributing this vaathula gothra. Anyhow, iam unable to find the relationship between vathula and bargava. Brihu and bargava are same

Bhargava is Brigu rishi. He once hitted mahavishnu's chest with his leg and lakshmi went off with angry. Later, he did penance and got lakshmi as his daughter (Bargavi). He has an eye in his leg, which was plucked by vishnu in relation to the abovementioned incident. "Kaalukku kizha kandan vekkanum". a known proverb came from him only.

Bhargava, vedahavyar, savedasa these are 3 rishis contributing this vaathula gothra. Anyhow, iam unable to find the relationship between vathula and bargava. Brihu and bargava are same
In tracing a gothra to a rishi it is said that the gothra can be traced from a rishi in 3 ways. The most important patrilineally i,e, all members of the particular gothra are sons of sons of sons and so on.
The second is matrilineally. i.e through the main rishis daughter
and 3 through his sishyas.

From a liitle research of mine which I hope is correct Vathula Gothra is matrilineally originates from Bhargava

This Aghasthiar migrated to South India who invented many herbals and its application for human welfare.
He wrote the astrology based on Astronomy.

Kousiga

Kadhin

Vishvamithra

Dhevarathan
Adopted Son Madhu Santhus

↓ ↓

Prajapathi
Ghathan
Rishabhan
Renu
Bhurana
Kalava
Ashtaghan

Aghamar
shaner
Jethri

Louhi alis Louhithan

Last edited by a moderator:
Directory

I was brought up at Adambakkam, near Chennai. My father once counted to me that there are about 80 Vadula Gothra families at Adambakkam (around 1975). But today I am not in a position to get connected with any!

I was of the impression that all of Vadula Gothram will be having their KulaDeivam at Perungalur of Pudukkottai Dt. Is it correct?

Is there any Directory type of data available regards members of various Gothra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back