• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

CCTV catches woman brutally bashing mother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking tale of mother-in-law being abused by daughter-in-law

I cannot believe this....Seems to be a Jain family...Did our scriptures teach us to behave in this way..Shocking! A smart move by the husband to install cameras in the house to capture the horror!

Caught on camera: Woman brutally assaults elderly mother-in-law

January 12, 2016

In CCTV footage from a home in Uttar Pradesh, an elderly woman is seen wrapped in a quilt, cowering in her bed as she is slapped, kicked, choked and beaten with a brick.

Her attacker is her own daughter-in-law.Sangeeta Jain was arrested this morning for attempted murder after the video of her vicious assault on her 70-year-old mother-in-law Raj Rani Jain went viral on social media.

The disturbing visuals are from January 5, when only the two women were inside their home in Bijnore.Sangeeta is seen mercilessly beating the older woman, at times trying to strangle her with a cloth, dragging her and slapping her repeatedly.

She pauses only to get a brick and then starts raining fresh blows, jumping on the bed.

Watch the terrifying video (external link)

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...-motherinlaw/4d90772f3d22be379a760612cdaae9b2

The best is not get involved with any female vs female fights.

No 2 females can ever see eye to eye on anything and there is always 2 sides of the story.

So no comments.

Frankly speaking most females have a twisted idea of who is Queen.

An average Indian mother does not get enough attention from her husband..so she looks for attention from her son and tries to come in between her son and the DIL.

Then the DIL does not tolerate this reverse Odeipus complex of her MIL her brains start to want to break free from this routine of having to share her husband with the MIL.

Yup..she wants to break free..by hook or crook...well didn't I say a its a twisted tale of being Queen..I want to break free and all?LOL

So the best is watch the video without any emotions..unless we had listened to both sides of the story at times the victim could have been the passive aggressive one who drove the other person till the limits of even murder!

No 2 females can ever see eye to eye on anything and there is always 2 sides of the story.

So no comments.

Frankly speaking most females have a twisted idea of who is Queen.

An average Indian mother does not get enough attention from her husband..so she looks for attention from her son and tries to come in between her son and the DIL.

Then the DIL does not tolerate this reverse Odeipus complex of her MIL her brains start to want to break free from this routine of having to share her husband with the MIL.

Yup..she wants to break free..by hook or crook...well didn't I say a its a twisted tale of being Queen..I want to break free and all?LOL

So the best is watch the video without any emotions..unless we had listened to both sides of the story at times the victim could have been the passive aggressive one who drove the other person till the limits of even murder!

Why did the DIL resort to violence?

What did the MIL do??

Is the MIL really a victim?

Is the DIL the actual victim here?

The mega serial would continue.

Last edited:
The mega serials in TV channels add fuel to the fire - threatening the very existence of joint family concept. In most of the serials, several women are depicted as wicked, cunning, arrogant, brutal - in few cases criminal, much to the embarrassment of elders. Probably this is one of the reasons for such incidents (which are rare) and more number of broken marriages. In olden days, where more than one daughter-in-law lives in a joint family, collective responsibility was in practice, with the mother-in-law having the overall control and there will be an unwritten allocation of works in the house. Such arrangement ensured tranquility, love, goodwill and adjustment in the joint family. Minor misunderstandings will not last long with the elders comforting the aggrieved youngsters. Such was the Indian family system. Really nostalgic. With the present families having one or two children the nucleus family has resulted in loss of cherished valued with more intolerance, aggression, superiority complex and even enmity. அந்த நாளும் வந்திடாதா ....

Renuka ji,

Oedipus complex and Electra complex are known.

What is reverse Oedipus complex; is it a new addition to Sigmund Freud's theory!
or a simple logic that anything has its own reverse!!

Renuka ji,

Oedipus complex and Electra complex are known.

What is reverse Oedipus complex; is it a new addition to Sigmund Freud's theory!
or a simple logic that anything has its own reverse!!

I sort of call it my simple logic from my observation of behavioral patterns.

If you observe elderly females you would realize most of them actually need some male attention..same goes with oldie males..they do better with some female attention.

This need not be sexual in nature but I believe each human is balanced by the opposite energy.

For example a female or a person who behaves like a female would need a male balancing energy and vice versa.

In the Indian family scenario, as a female ages ...attention of the sexual or the non sexual kind declines and even frowned upon..but the hungry wolf of emotions still lurks in the dark crevices of the mind and it takes a new form..to be fixated on their sons!

They strive for the only male attention they can hope to get..their sons...wanting him to pay them attention all the while....a mother will never view her son sexually but at the same time she knows that a man would prefer sexual attention which he gets from his wife..so the mother tries to create a rift between the son and the DIL.

The DIL does not want to lose her husband! She strikes back!

The Star Wars Saga..sequel...prequel begins...the Force awakens..not even Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or even Yoda and his Jedi power can overpower the MIL-DIL battle for testosterone!

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

There might be another side of the story. But whatever it is, an elderly women should NOT be treated like this.

Why not the d i l get a divorce, if her m i l is a devil and her hubby supports his mother? Divorce is no more a stigma.

So no comments.

......the victim could have been the passive aggressive one who drove the other person till the limits of even murder!
Why did the DIL resort to violence?
What did the MIL do??
Is the MIL really a victim?
Is the DIL the actual victim here?

Even when the MIL does not stay with the son, I know of cases where the DIL would not care to visit the MIL at all.
So, the best explanation is:
No 2 females can ever see eye to eye on anything. And if there is a generation gap, it is even worse.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

There might be another side of the story. But whatever it is, an elderly women should NOT be treated like this.

Why not the d i l get a divorce, if her m i l is a devil and her hubby supports his mother? Divorce is no more a stigma.

Dear RR ji,

Now I am reminded of a Goundamani movie scene where he wants to hit his wife but neighbours stopped him saying that she just delivered a baby and should not be hit.

Then Goundamani goes about to say that if a woman is young..she should not be hit....If she just delivered a baby ..she can not be hit..if she is elderly too she can not be hit..then he asked then when on earth can she be hit?LOL

Ok..here goes RR ji...Some elderly females are really irritating..they can bring about the Charles Sobharaj in even a saint!

If you watch the video carefully...The DIL is highly agitated..she seems to be under some tremendous amount of stress and just cant stand the MIL.

Something must be happening...the old MIL managed to survive the beatings..that shows she is strong..strong willed females are usually nags!

....... Something must be happening...the old MIL managed to survive the beatings..that shows she is strong..strong willed females are usually nags!
Dear Renu,

I guess strong will is different from strong body!

I have seen cowards who have a strong body ONLY!! :lol:

Not every male is Ram who can recognize a Surphanaka!LOL
Lord Ram might NOT have recognized Surphanaka!

I think so because otherwise he would not have suggested to her to marry his dear Lakshman! :nono:

Only when she showed her original form, leaving her disguise as a beautiful female, did the brothers find the truth!
icon3.png

The mega serials in TV channels add fuel to the fire - threatening the very existence of joint family concept. In most of the serials, several women are depicted as wicked, cunning, arrogant, brutal - in few cases criminal, much to the embarrassment of elders. Probably this is one of the reasons for such incidents (which are rare) and more number of broken marriages. In olden days, where more than one daughter-in-law lives in a joint family, collective responsibility was in practice, with the mother-in-law having the overall control and there will be an unwritten allocation of works in the house. Such arrangement ensured tranquility, love, goodwill and adjustment in the joint family. Minor misunderstandings will not last long with the elders comforting the aggrieved youngsters. Such was the Indian family system. Really nostalgic. With the present families having one or two children the nucleus family has resulted in loss of cherished valued with more intolerance, aggression, superiority complex and even enmity. அந்த நாளும் வந்திடாதா ....
This intolerance, aggression has increased with the empowerment of young women due to education and jobs making them economic entities.

The younger women would like to call the shots in the family marginalising the older inlaws.

They either throw the MILs out or keep them away from their sons.

In case they stay with their sons , they get the abusive treatment sometimes bordering on violence if not actual violence.

The older system of joint family was no better . It was the other way about The older mothr ill treating the DIL and playing favourites among the DILs.Sometimes

daughters combine with mother to ill treat DIL. This is the most common complaint in joint families that exist even now

Not every male is Ram who can recognize a Surphanaka!LOL
Modern husbands think that Surpanaka is a good rakshasi.

They are happy that she is making possible marginalising of over bearing mothers.

Many time they are willing partners with their rakshasis in ill treatment of mother.

Mothers are often reduced to status of servants in their home if father is not alive and mother is dependant on son and DIL

............ Mothers are often reduced to status of servants in their home if father is not alive and mother is dependant on son and DIL
Financial independence is necessary for the elders, especially when they have lost the life partner!

I appreciate those who move to senior resorts and live without depending on the son/ daughter and their be(i)tter halves!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back