• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Commuters flay govt plan to cut minimum auto fare by Re 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Commuters flay govt plan to cut minimum auto fare by Re 1

CHENNAI: The state government's submission to the Madras high court that it planned to reduce the minimum autorickshaw fare in the city from Rs 25 to 24 has irked commuters. Many said no auto driver plied by meter fare and charged a minimum of Rs 40-50.

"Not even one in 50 autos goes by the meter. I pay not less than Rs 100 for travelling 2 km from my residence to office. The government is not interested in following directions of the Madras high court," said Nandambakkam-based software engineer M Shanthi. Commuters in places like Adyar and Mylapore expressed similar sentiments and said they were forced into arguments over the fare with the drivers every time they hailed one.

"Finally I end up paying Rs 50 as minimum fare and more than Rs 20 per extra km," RA Puram-based chartered accountant M Mahalakshmi said. Many commuters said they were worried about safety in autorickshaws.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...um-auto-fare-by-Re-1/articleshow/50275613.cms

Even if they revise the rate, how l....o....n......g it will take for the them to recalibrate all the autor meters causing inconvenience to the general public.

Is it worth the trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back