• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டம் : சென்னைதான் இந்த

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டம் : சென்னைதான் இந்த

புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டம் : சென்னைதான் இந்தியர்கள் விரும்பும் நகரம்!

பு
த்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டத்தை சென்னையில் வைத்துக் கொள்ளதான் பெரும்பாலான இந்தியர்கள் விரும்புவதாக ஆய்வு தெரிவித்துள்ளது. சர்வதேச அளவில், தாய்லாந்தின் கோ சுமி நகரை இந்தியர்கள் தேர்வு செய்கின்றனர்.

Read more at: http://www.vikatan.com/news/tamilnadu/56609-indians-prefer-chennai-for-year-end.art

Don't go through the title and shoot knee jerk posting which will be the most ridiculous joke of the year and you may become a
laughing stock of the Forum!

PS: It is the Indians who prefer Chennai may be including Delhiwalas. Here is the report.

"
Indians prefer Chennai, Koh Samui for year-end holiday plans

The end of the year is the time mostIndians love to travel and this year,Chennai has topped the list of the 10 most searched domestic destinations, while Koh Samui in Thailand has emerged as the number one overseas choice, according to a survey.

This time, Christmas and New Year fall on a long weekend, encouraging people to celebrate the day with family by travelling to a few top-searched destinations, according to a report by Hotels.com.

According to the report, Chennai was the most searched destination with 137% searches, followed by Colva in Goa with 132% searches.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/money/repor...-koh-samui-for-year-end-holiday-plans-2157791

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing a bit of free thinking, What people do in chennai on new year eve -new year.

Go to marina beach to welcome the year.

Burst some crackers

Go to temples on new year

May be night out at restaurants five stars which are open .

Or private celebrations at home in front of TV with choicest snacks.

Chennai hotels are far less expensive than other places.Goa hotel prices are jacked up like hell.

Air fares to chennai [domestic] are still low this year in view of recent rains perhaps.

But the NRI types would be wary of visiting chennai due to uncertainty of music festival

New Year event is celebrated at Chennai in a more unique way;

There are parties to celebrate - all categories (1) Club Nite Parties with alcohol (2) Non-alcoholic and the third one a get together type.

Visiting temples with family members and having a nice dharsan of murthy. Calling on close relatives and friends

Attending Music, Dance and Drama programmes held at various Sabhas

It has nice breaches like Marina, Elliots and Covelong

Shopping and Food plazas

Games which are fun to play

And there are Brain Gym too.

NRIs are none else than a bunch of normal people some with never-return to India and some with now-return to India with most with Indianness.

As for NRIs celebrating their new year at Chennai, I have the following news item published in yesterday's Times of India which speaks about NRIs returning back to India not only for celebration, but to live at Chennai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brain drain in reverse

It's a question Dr Paul Ramesh Thangaraj has been asked several times since 2002, the year he decided to move back to India after a decade long stint in the UK.

Why would a cardiothoracic and transplant surgeon based in the UK want to work in Chennai?

It's an answer, admits Dr Thangaraj, which has changed over the years."In 2002, I made the move because I wanted to be in the same city as my parents as they were getting older," he says. "A year later I decided to stay on because I wanted my children to grow up in India, with family . But after those first couple of years, he stayed on for purely professional reasons. "India, and Chennai especially, was on the cusp of a healthcare boom and I realized that if I stayed back in India I would be part of something much bigger," says the 48-year-old.

Today , it's a decision he does not regret. Since his return, he has spearheaded the heart and lung transplant programme in Apollo Hospitals Chennai, where more than 60 multi-organ transplants have been performed to date, including Asia's first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, done this year. "If I had chosen to return to the UK in 2002, I would have remained a cog in the wheel, but here I got a chance to steer the ship," he says. " Abroad, I would have been seen as a competent surgeon. Today, I am a more fulfilled one."

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Brain-drain-in-reverse/articleshow/50251723.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
புத்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டம் : சென்னைதான் இந்தியர்கள் விரும்பும் நகரம்!

பு
த்தாண்டு கொண்டாட்டத்தை சென்னையில் வைத்துக் கொள்ளதான் பெரும்பாலான இந்தியர்கள் விரும்புவதாக ஆய்வு தெரிவித்துள்ளது. சர்வதேச அளவில், தாய்லாந்தின் கோ சுமி நகரை இந்தியர்கள் தேர்வு செய்கின்றனர்.

Read more at: http://www.vikatan.com/news/tamilnadu/56609-indians-prefer-chennai-for-year-end.art
Chennai as on date is not a a place to celebrate.
but choosing Chennai, exhibit the broadness of their heart and dedication of mind to the native land.
I appreciate their mind set.

normally I get out of india during delhi winter and new year.

One member here advised me to try Goa and I have opted for it.{ thanks jj ji}

Since someone else thinks chennai is a better place, I am spending sometime there also more for the music programs than new year.

I love to do sabha hopping enjoying the music and the cuisine they have on offer . I do not know if the food there is safe to consume this year

normally I get out of india during delhi winter and new year.

One member here advised me to try Goa and I have opted for it.{ thanks jj ji}

Since someone else thinks chennai is a better place, I am spending sometime there also more for the music programs than new year.

I love to do sabha hopping enjoying the music and the cuisine they have on offer . I do not know if the food there is safe to consume this year

In the “cooked food served with hygiene “, the possibility of infection is very much remote.
“Drinks “ would be safe as infectious/ contagious virus / germs / bacteria could not survive in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back