• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why a Sattvic Meal is the Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

sattvic-meal.jpg

http://www.remedyspot.com/why-is-a-sattvic-meal-the-best/

In Ayurveda, the need to evolve and experience greater wellness is called Sattva. It is the quality of love, light and life. Sattva is a Sanskrit word denoting purity or sanctity in body and soul.
The food that one eats is also an important aspect of our wellness. What we eat, not only affects our physical wellbeing, but also our very feelings and thoughts. Food is not bracketed as proteins, carbohydrates or fat but classified into three types, namely Sattvic, Rajasic and Tamasic, based on its distinct character and the corresponding impact of consumption on the body and the mind.

Often known as a yoga diet or sentient diet, Sattvic food is supposed to be spiritual in nature, innately stirring up body balance. They are light and easy to digest. Such food is always freshly cooked and simple, juicy and light.
This how deep Sattvic food can impact our being. Sattvic food is usually nourishing, unctuous and increases the bodily energy, thus being very favorable for good health. Such a diet also increases clarity, perception and equanimity (upeksha) of the mind. They are also said to bring forth compassion and love in a human being while also promoting traits like forgiveness, empathy and austerity. Eating such meals will make one content, serene and eternally happy.
It is a pure vegetarian diet and involves no consumption of meat or eggs. Following this diet also means refraining from tea, coffee, tobacco and alcohol. Sattvic food can be categorized into dairy, grains, lentils, spices, fruits and vegetables. Dairy is an essential part of the Sattvic diet. Under dairy there are products like organic unpasteurized and non-homogenized milk and its numerous derivatives like ghee or clarified butter, fresh homemade yoghurt, butter, cream, cottage cheese or paneer, cheese, cream cheese, butter milk etc.
A system of Sattvic meal plans is a nutritional approach for optimizing health and attaining higher consciousness through the consumption of fresh, whole foods. It doesn’t get better than this!
“When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need.”
– Ancient Ayurveda Proverb

Last edited:
There is a saying ''uNavE marundhu'' - meaning ''Food is the medicine''.

We usually eat what my son calls as 'online food' - that is, food right from the gas stove!

After the deluge in Sing. Chennai, doctors advise to eat piping hot food, prepared at home, to save the tummies! :hungry:

P.S: Right now our favorite item is miLagu kozhambu.

We usually eat what my son calls as 'online food' - that is, food right from the gas stove!

After the deluge in Sing. Chennai, doctors advise to eat piping hot food, prepared at home, to save the tummies! :hungry:

Welcome back/
Good to see you in the forum, we missed you.

Dear Prasad Sir and Krishna,

Thank you very much. :)

God gives us such endurance tests to make us stronger in mind and body!

We thank God for the small mercies! :hail:

One requires the right blend of satvik and non satvik

Begin the day as satvik and as day progresses start yielding to needs of tea, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes.by night fall

One will strike the right balance of satvik and non satvik for happy living.

Who wants to aim for sainthood eating satvik grass?

Dear TBS Sir,

Thank you. :)

Sattvic food right from the stove saved us from getting sick! :cool:

Almost back to normal life except my music classes, which I shall resume in 2016.
Thanks to the Almighty for giving us less problems compared to many others in Sing. Chennai. :pray2:

I do not choose to call my food Sattvik but I choose to call it Unprocessed Food of the vegetarian kind.

Only lunch is my major meal.

Breakfast is just fresh fruit/vegetable juice combo and dinner is a very light meal and no eating beyond 7pm.

Last edited:
The diet of some makes me say ' nani yaad aathi hai'.

How can the above be called food?

All this denial of anything delicious is unlikely to make anyone healthier.

One must learn from punjabis what is good living when it relates to food.

They live their lives kingsize consuming the best thats on offer

Welcome Raji Madam!
Good to know that you have overcome the crisis!
We look forward to your anecdotes in characteristic style!

Some persons eat to live! :)

Some others live to eat!! :hungry:

I like the song from film " Maya bazaar" , Gadothgach singing

" Kalyana samayal saadam

Kaikariyum Pramadam

Gaurava prasadam

Edhuve enakku Podum

Ha ha ha'

All can enjoy tasty food in ample proportions and live it up instead of pecking at it like birds.

Persons built with generous flesh and ample muscles are trusted by all

Those who are lean can only play villains in films.

Quoting Shakespere from ' Julius C'easer'

"Cassius has a lean and hungry look, Do not trust him'

A hungry man not fed well commits grievous crimes.

So eat well and forget the calories.

Are these without side effects? Mediterranean food & Japanese/Chinese/Korean food (not starving)is supposed to be good for maintaining an average or low Body mass index

Dear Vgane ji,

Never trust any quick weight loss magic pill.

Most of these type of stuff come with serious side effects like Liver Damage,Kidney Damage etc.

These type of pills also encourage laziness and over eating cos the person does not keep a watch on diet cos he/she feels the magic pill would take care of it.

Personally if you ask me I feel any type of country or regional food is healthy as long we eat in moderation and get adequate exercise.

Are these without side effects? Mediterranean food & Japanese/Chinese/Korean food (not starving)is supposed to be good for maintaining an average or low Body mass index
hi

our THAYIR SAADHAM is best satvic food better than meditarrnean/japanese/chinese/koream food..

According to Hindu belief, food or what we call it Annam is a gift of God and should be treated with great respect. It is the food we eat nourishes our body which draws energy from what we eat. Out of Pancha bhootas, earth is the element that represents our food. Ancient Hindus used to offer their food to God before consuming the remains as the Prasadam only to ensure the purity of their food. If we consider the food with the three gunas like Saatvik, Rajasik and Taamasik, foods which helps us to increase longivity(dheerghayu),purity, strentgh,health and happyness and tastes juicy oily and also durable in nature are considered as Saatvik foods. Food items which are bitter,sour, salty hot and spicy could be categorised as Rajasik and Foods which are stored. devoid of any juices or natural contents, dried, foul smelling, decomposed, left overs, non digestible could be treated as Taamisk ( Intoxicants). As such the food or annam we eat causes our phyisical as well as mental development. So Saatvik(pure) food brongs purity in life, Rajasik food brings rajasik qualities like ambitious, tempermental and egoistic and Taamasik food brings in taamasik qulities more or less makes one an animal in nature.

Dear Vgane ji,

Never trust any quick weight loss magic pill.

Most of these type of stuff come with serious side effects like Liver Damage,Kidney Damage etc.

These type of pills also encourage laziness and over eating cos the person does not keep a watch on diet cos he/she feels the magic pill would take care of it.

Personally if you ask me I feel any type of country or regional food is healthy as long we eat in moderation and get adequate exercise.

Good post!
clap2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back