• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bad Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i have shifted new house 5 days back, before i never use get any dreams, but the day i stared sleeping in this house i get dreams in morning between 6:00 Am to 7:30 Am,

1st day my dream was 3 women's chasing me, some god has come to helpfrom 2 women, i fall on cemetery and 3rd women hits with rope i move that place start burning,

2nd day my dream was i had very old friend he was like a elder brother, he expired 6yrs back, ke comes in cycle to is house carring vegtables iask him first time u r getting to house all this, (he was drinker and never done all this)

3rd day my dream was Karga dancing (i don't remember fully)

4th day it was work offer from factory were we have committed NAC 17yrs back, a lady tells to sing in a paper i sing in red pen i say i have singed in red she say no problem. i ask for appontment letter sha say all with ur friend, i see my old friends their,

kindly advice what is this as i never had dreams before.

Regards
Mohan

1st day my dream was 3 women's chasing me, some god has come to helpfrom 2 women, i fall on cemetery and 3rd women hits with rope i move that place start burning,

I can only help interpreting this dream.

Dreaming that you are being chased by anyone means you are running away from some issues that need to be solved.

Mohan ji , get away fast before you have nightmarish experience of TB veterans appearing in your dreams.lol

jokes apart, new place take time to settle in.

for sometime one misses the comfort of old home.

When you get familiarised with the locality and its residents, you would start liking the place.

Try to develop friendship with all around you and feel the difference

Last edited:

It is said that if a person sleeps under a beam (wooden in olden days; concrete in modern days) he /she will get frightening dreams.

Praying Ishta DevtA before going to sleep will give some confidence to get a good sleep.

But............ The e
asiest way to avoid these dreams is to get up just before 6 a.m. :)

It is said that if a person sleeps under a beam (wooden in olden days; concrete in modern days) he /she will get frightening dreams.

Praying Ishta DevtA before going to sleep will give some confidence to get a good sleep.

But............ The e
asiest way to avoid these dreams is to get up just before 6 a.m. :)

Dear RR ji,

I get up at 5 am but I can get nightmares even at 4 am.

Last night I had a nightmare that some ghost like creature was biting the bed and damaging my bed and the cracking sound made me scream in my dream and I woke up screaming so loud till my husband woke up asking what happened.

It was a real ugly creature that when I woke up I could still see it standing near my bed..I tend to retain my dreams for a short while even when I have woken up.

So RR ji....dreams can happen at anytime!LOL

Sri Mohan Kumar,

Nothing to worry.
The remains of undeleted portions of thoughts in sub conscious mind would come out in dreams in distorted / indistinct versions not necessarily in the same form.
I recommend you to read the book " The Interpretation of Dreams " by Sigmund Freud .
You could be able analyse and understand the reasons and basis of origination of your dreams.

My dad taught me and my siblings to chant a slokA before going to sleep and we did it every night before retiring to bed. :pray:

I found this slokA in this page:
indiadivine.org/content/ dreams/

"DUS-SWAPNA-DUS-SAKUNA DUR-GATI-DOUR-MANASYA DURBHIKSHA

DUR-VYASANA DUS-SAHA DUR-YASAMSEEH,

UT-PATA-TAPA VISHA-BHEETHIM-ASAT-GRAHAARTI-VYADHEEMSCHA NASAYATU MEY

JAGATAAM ADHEESAH."

Dear RR ji,

I get up at 5 am but I can get nightmares even at 4 am.

Last night I had a nightmare that some ghost like creature was biting the bed and damaging my bed and the cracking sound made me scream in my dream and I woke up screaming so loud till my husband woke up asking what happened.

It was a real ugly creature that when I woke up I could still see it standing near my bed..I tend to retain my dreams for a short while even when I have woken up.

So RR ji....dreams can happen at anytime!LOL

ji, please re -read your post
I hope your husband has a good sense of humour !

My Grandfather taught me this mantra to have a sound sleep and avoid bad dreams:

rama skandam hanomantam vainateyam vrukodaram shayaneya smare nityam duswapnam tasya nasyathi´

My dad taught me and my siblings to chant a slokA before going to sleep and we did it every night before retiring to bed. :pray:

I found this slokA in this page:
indiadivine.org/content/ dreams/

"DUS-SWAPNA-DUS-SAKUNA DUR-GATI-DOUR-MANASYA DURBHIKSHA

DUR-VYASANA DUS-SAHA DUR-YASAMSEEH,

UT-PATA-TAPA VISHA-BHEETHIM-ASAT-GRAHAARTI-VYADHEEMSCHA NASAYATU MEY

JAGATAAM ADHEESAH."

What was the outcome? Did you not get any dream whenever you recited the above slogan or did you have dreams related to religion in general, and a specific God in particular?

we cannot deny the fact that dreams occur for most of the people when some deaths of near/ dear takes place. but in course of time all bad thoughts subside. If one is not alone in his bed room, whoever would be with you it helps not to get unduly disturbed &move on. If one give more thought it will only get repeated.
What I regularly do is:- as I start closing my Eyes to sleep I think of my Pet- God Lord Rama & chant Ram/Ram for 100 times & sleep with clear/ peace of mind
Even then, if at all you have any dream you would be able to ignore.This is my anubhavam. You may try.

A.srinivasan

What was the outcome? Did you not get any dream whenever you recited the above slogan or did you have dreams related to religion in general, and a specific God in particular?
Outcome? Good. We believed that we will NOT get any bad dreams and it happened.

Of course we used to get some dreams but they were not scary ones.

After teen age, I have got many a times a dream, in which I will be stranded in water in a hilly area and after some struggle,

my dad will save my life! Now the floods made the situation a sort of true! Instead of my dad Raman, my husband Ram

helped me to wade through knee deep water in the nearby roads! :lol:

The real solution is to get dreamless sleep!

This is not possible...REM sleep comes with dreams..its just that some people do not remember it.

Dreams is the playground of the mind.

We humans need a healthy dose of dreams for existence.

Just imagine if we have no dreams...could we humans even call ourselves "Intellectuals?"LOL

we want good dreamless sleep.

who wants to be with an intellectual who has insomnia or who imagine wild animals chasing them

in sleep.

To have good sleep ,one needs to work hard during the waking hours and not do undesirable acts.

people with good conscience and half idiots good sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back