• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

without hurting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handling very difficult question without hurting is an art and Swami Vivekananda had it.

When Swami Vivekananda went to USA, a lady asked him to marry her. When Swami asked the lady about what made her ask him such question. The lady replied that she was fascinated by his intellect. She wanted a child of such an intellect.. So she asked Swami, whether he could marry her and give a child like him.

He said to that lady, that since she was attracted only by his intellect, there is no problem. "My dear lady, I understand your desire. Marrying and bringing a child in to this world and understanding whether it is intelligent or not takes very long time. More over it is not guaranteed.

Instead, to fulfill your desire immediately, I can suggest a guaranteed way. Take me as your child. you are my mother. Now on your desire of having a child of my intellect is fulfilled."

The lady was speechless.

Last edited:
A good one akura ji , but then practically , very few parents tolerate getting advise from their sons like Lord muruga did to Shiva ( thagappan swamy !) .
Could Genes - DNA and stuff pass over intellect - between generations ??
There's a phrase " Pulikku pirathathu poonai aagathu ?"

I think the lady in the above msg got carried away , temporarily . It always happens to us - even after watching a touching movie , we seem to carry the experience for a while !

I am reminded of another anecdote.

One lady wanted George Bernard Shaw to father a child for her. She said, "I really am fascinated by your intelligence, wit and wisdom. Similarly, see how everyone appreciates that I am the beautiful damsel in this area. So, if we marry each other, the child born to us will be very charming and highly intelligent too. What do you say?"

Bernard Shaw without any second thought said:

"I see a valid point in your argument. Suppose the child born out of the wedlock inherits my beauty and your intelligence, what shall we do?"

The lady accepted his repartee with a smile and left.

Once Swamy was travelling in a Train to Tirunelveli on his way to Kanyakumari.
On the opposite seat Two Britishers also travelled.Without knowing that Swamy was a good Orator in English,The two Britishers bashed indirectly about Indians.One said ,"All Indians are Fools"
The other replied,"Yes.They are very fenatic over Swami ji like him"
Like this they continued their Bashing.
The Train arrived Kovilpatti Station.
Swami ji requested the SM for a cup of Water.
The SM greeted Swami ji and brought a cup of Water and said,"I am very proud of giving a cup of water to Swamiji.
The Journey continued...
The Britishers asked,Swami...,"So long we two were bashing you, Indians,and all Swami jis in India like you.It sems that you can understand English.But may I know why you maintained Silence, instead of opposing What we said?"
Swamy said,"Dear Friends I also watched what all you said right from the begining.But what to do ? I dont have the Habit of Talking to Fools."
The Two Britishers Got Angry at his speech.
They raised together to attack Swami ji.
Swamy folded his arms like a Wresler and weight lifter and said,"Dear Friends can any one of you give a heavy blow in my folded arms ?"
The two Britishers attempted many times to give a Heavy Blow at the folded arms of Swami ji.In return their hands were Pained while giving a blow at Swami jis folded arms.
They appealed for appology at Swamys feet.
Swamy made both of them as his disciaples...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back