• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spiritual group to solve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Dear Folks,

Due to the prayers of so many people I am sure Chennai was saved from rains. If people can get together and use their spiritual power to solve the various problems that the society and individuals face, that would be one different approach to solve problems.

In this regard I would like to call all like minded people to come together and form a group will operate to carry out the above objective. The group can think about the various problems that needs to be solved and focus their mind on those problems.

Problems such as air pollution, climate change, crime, violence , terrorism, health of people. mental happiness and quality of life of people, growth of the country, peace in the world are some of the major problems that can be addressed.

Based on my positive experiences I would say this is a viable approach and if all the spiritual energy of people can be harnessed and used there would definitely be solutions to problems. This approach is especially suitable for solving problems that are difficult to solve with present approaches.

I will create a website for this purpose so that people become aware of what we are doing. People in turn become aware of their own inner power which would help their self development.

I request anyone interested , to let me know their interest, in fact would urge people for the purpose of common good, to join the group and be of help to society and its fellow members.

I welcome any suggestions in this regard.

Dear Sravna,

I am surprised that you still feel that "spirituality" can help even after you witnessed a massive flood in Chennai.

Just try to analyse..if prayers actually worked why was there floods to start with?

We humans are helpless against the forces of nature.

Just a few days ago I was in the Southern most state of Msia at a Theme Park when all of a sudden it started to rain like hell.

I had 2 umbrellas with me cos the weather was a bit cloudy.. my husband and son had gone for a train ride and I was waiting for them when it suddenly started raining.

The rains were just beating in strongly even in the shelter and I had to open the umbrella to shield myself from rain beating in sideways.

Next to me were a European family and they had 2 small kids with them and I gave them the other umbrella so that their kids can be shielded from the rain..the rain kept getting stronger and we had to climb up on the chairs cos water had started rising in a split second.

All of us were drenched head to toe and the rain stopped only after 1 hour!

Nothing could have been done..just patiently waited for rain to stop...the thunder and lighting was scary.

So tell me..how on earth do you feel spirituality can help in anything?

Aren't we just at the mercy of nature?

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I definitely think that spirituality helped. The prayers of many was able to bring the rain under control despite forecast of heavy rains for several days. It does work but it is the ignorance and wilful negative propaganda against spirituality has prevented us from studying it more closely.

Dear Renuka,

I definitely think that spirituality helped. The prayers of many was able to bring the rain under control despite forecast of heavy rains for several days. It does work but it is the ignorance and wilful negative propaganda against spirituality has prevented us from studying it more closely.

Dear Sravna,

If prayers of many helped stop the rain how come it rained non stop before that and it flooded?

How come spirituality could not prevent the flood?

I am sure many would have prayed that it would not flood isnt it? But yet the flood happened.

I feel that lessons learnt from any natural disaster is "Do not mess with Nature..Nature listens to no one"

Dear Renuka,

We first try to cope up with things normally. Only when things go out of control we pray. That is what I did too.

All members of our family / close friends prayed for reduction and protection from rains from 7 PM on 1st Dec 2015. There was not much of rains thereafter. However, the damage by excess rain and floods had already been felt. Perhaps, we should have started the prayers a day before ! (to minimise the damage). All said and done, prayers do help !

Ar9Tu02zV0dwztECAGdXUXLYJQbkJ37hAmTQuDRyhbcv.jpg

During next heavy rains, let people pray that the govt. officials to release the excess water from the lakes well in advance so that

the city will NOT be flooded like this. News papers wrote about special abhishEkams for Lord VaruNA at Tanjore temple and soon

after that heavy rains continued to lash the South TN. Nature can't be under our control! :sad:

Does it show that prayers will work ONLY if virtuous people do it? :angel:

Only the top officials knew about the release of water from the Chembarambakkam lake.

One of our colony residents, a
very well connected person, escaped to his relative's house on 1 st December evening itself,

just like many other top officials who moved in to five star hotels in the city.

Only the top officials knew about the release of water from the Chembarambakkam lake.

One of our colony residents, a
very well connected person, escaped to his relative's house on 1 st December evening itself,

just like many other top officials who moved in to five star hotels in the city.

It confirms that flood is not a natural disaster; Nature never gives insider's information in advance.
All man made devastation ....out of lack of earlier decision at the appropriate time.

Last edited:
In our area during summer, there would not be enough ground water for 4/5 months and we have to buy lorry water, every year.
This year, we all prayed for more than normal rain to avert water scarcity during next summer. Our spiritual prayer worked out and it rained incessantly.
After flood, the other affected people prayed; flood drained.
You may find prayers of spiritual groups had its effect, in both the ways.
Anything is in "belief"

If it appears to be a " lol " I am not responsible.

Let us list the problems to be solved and focus based on them. I request members to point out the most pressing problems. To me the most pressing problems are:

1. Climate change
2. Poverty
3. Pollution and cleanliness
4. Terrorism, violence
5. Low Ethics

Based on the input by the members we will list the problems and try for a spiritual solution. Members may choose their way of spiritual solution such as prayers or focusing mind on the problem. As mind draws its resources from the soul which is basically divine, the latter solution may also work.

Dear Sravna,

All that which you have listed does not need "spiritual" intervention at all.

One just has to make changes at a personal level that is adopt and environment friendly lifestyle starting with ourselves first.

None of us can make changes with spiritual powers unless we start with the "Man in the Mirror" and make that change.

I know you have good intentions but the technique you adopt is not an easy one and there is a chance it might not even work to start with.

Lets go tru one by one:

1)Climate change.
Small steps...recycling.
Less deforestation..these needs co-operation of public and enforcement by the government too.

2)Poverty...education eradicates poverty.

So steps to improve education and its accessibility to everyone should be taken.

3)Pollution and cleanliness..frankly speaking this is the most difficult to deal with.

Mindset of people need to change..besides that industrial waste by big players too needs to be addressed.

Have more awareness campaigns if possible.

4)Terrorism and violence..now this is a side effect of religion.

So flaws in religious teachings needs to be addressed but very few humans would dare to venture into correcting the flaws of religious teachings.

5)Low Ethics..again side effects of religion cos one feels one can somehow cleanse their sins one way or the other at an older age by doing charity or going for pilgrimage...the "Nau sau choohe khaake billi haj ko chali” syndrome.. Literal – After eating 900 mice, the cat move on to a pilgrimage.

Renukaji,
You are suggesting rational solution. That is practical and too obvious.
But that needs dedication and some sensible but physical work. It may produce the desired results.
But it is enticing to "meditate" or "daydream" and if by coincidence you get the desired results you can claim spiritual power or divine interventions.
Have you ever seen a beggar being weened out of begging? It is a lifestyle, that people with no other skill get used to, some make good money at it.
Similarly you can not ween a "beggar (prayer)" from expecting that to be the solution for all worldly problems.

Put a mice in front of hungry cat in a closed cage, and then let the mice (or even the human) pray, the outcome will still be one less mice.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I am for rational and logical solutions. But people are doing them. It will yield its own results. I work hard for a living. What I am trying to do is to help people with a natural ability that I feel should not go wasted. Just like logical solutions , spiritual approach is another route to solutions. It needs sincerity and discipline in thoughts and not easily accomplished and I would reckon is more difficult to accomplish than just doing physical work.

Why should not people try different approaches according to their means, time and abilities?

Dear Renuka,

I am for rational and logical solutions. But people are doing them. It will yield its own results. I work hard for a living. What I am trying to do is to help people with a natural ability that I feel should not go wasted. Just like logical solutions , spiritual approach is another route to solutions. It needs sincerity and discipline in thoughts and not easily accomplished and I would reckon is more difficult to accomplish than just doing physical work.
Why should not people try different approaches according to their means, time and abilities?

Dear sravna,

I do not want to dismiss your theory of spiritual solution out of hand.

But what Renukaji is telling also makes excellant sense because it is rational and practical. Those are verifiable too and repeatable too.

You are speaking about a certain solution which is not understandable by simple ordinary human beings.

Your language does not make sense to a rational person. And most of the human beings are rational.

What do you mean by prayer?

Is it just a thought process in your mind or an expressed fact. If the latter what is the language in which it is expressed? Is there any other physical and mental processes that go with that expression? If it is just a thought process alone in your mind without any accompanying other processes, can you put in words that mental process?

Does your prayer or the mental process reckons with proportions? That is, does it involve measured effort proportional to the enormity of the problem that is to be addressed by your mental process? If so what are the ratios? Does your mental process then involves resonating with other similar mental processes to gain in strength? If yes how to you tune to resonate? What are the metrics?

Can we arrive at some kind of a common vocabulary to understand the processes you speak about?

To succinctly put it, these are problems that accompany every claim which is just a personal experience.

Hope you get my anxiety to understand what you have with you. A somewhat similar anxiety was experienced by me when I went to meet my Doctor. When he asked me what kind of pain I was having. When he found me searching for words, he tried to help me with words like, stabbing pain, intermittant pain, low but nagging sustained pain, pain on the periphery or pain deep from bones etc., Still I searched for words and I failed and that made me extremely anxious. I started imagining that I am failing in a test stupidly, being unable to explain properly what is my complaint.

I keep wondering whether I expect too much inputs that too very precise ones to understand even simple mental processes like spiritual curing that transcends physical barriers -- simple for a whole lot of people except me. LOL.

Last edited:
Dear Shri Vaagmi,

I am talking of a higher level of reality when I talk about spiritual. Whereas in the physical world we have to understand cause effect relationships to understand or solve a problem, in the spiritual world the effects are not separate from the cause. This represents transcending of time. Just as we use our body and physical apparatus to operate in the physical reality and get our work done, thoughts can operate on the spiritual reality and solve problems We are just operating at a higher level whose projection is the physical world.

Renukaji,
You are suggesting rational solution. That is practical and too obvious.
But that needs dedication and some sensible but physical work. It may produce the desired results.
But it is enticing to "meditate" or "daydream" and if by coincidence you get the desired results you can claim spiritual power or divine interventions.
Have you ever seen a beggar being weened out of begging? It is a lifestyle, that people with no other skill get used to, some make good money at it.
Similarly you can not ween a "beggar (prayer)" from expecting that to be the solution for all worldly problems.

Put a mice in front of hungry cat in a closed cage, and then let the mice (or even the human) pray, the outcome will still be one less mice.

Dear Prasad ji,

At the end of the day no amount of "spirituality" is going to help put a meal on our table.

One has to work,beg or steal for a decent meal for survival.

At times I feel being too spiritually inclined makes one less pragmatic.

I face this problem with even some family members..whenever I try to discuss some problem I am facing..right away I am told on my face that "since you do not pray or even recite a mantra how do you expect your problems to be solved?"

It totally does not give any scope for a practical approach and problem solving.

Sometimes I feel too much spirituality is a sign of irresponsibility.

I remember when I used to go to Puttaparthi many years ago..some devotees used to be very careless with their personal belongings and they would say "what is there to worry..Baba will look after us since we are here"

I used to say that is being irresponsible and we still have to do our duty by looking after our own stuff and the reply would be "O' you lack faith and have not surrendered"

I somehow feel being into too much spirituality is Tamasic finally..cos one would be attached to Inaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back