• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பிராமண பாஷை யில் "ஓய்"

Status
Not open for further replies.
பிராமண பாஷை யில் "ஓய்"

நமது பிராமண சமூகத்தில் பேசப்படும் பல வார்த்தைகள் தனி சிறப்பு உடையவை என்பது நாம் எல்லோரும் அறிந்ததே.. அதில் "ஓய்" என்ற வார்த்தை நமது அன்பையும் நெருக்கத்தையும் தெரிவிக்கிறது என்பது அடியேனுடைய நம்பிக்கை. ஆனால் இப்போது நமது சமூகம் அந்த வார்த்தையை உபயோகிக்கிறதா என்பது சந்தேகம் தான்.உதாரணமாக "என்ன ஓய் இத்தனைநாள் எங்கே போய் இருந்தீர்" "என்ன ஓய் ஆத்தில் எல்லோரும் சௌக்கியமா?" என்பதெல்லாம் 40/50 வருடங்களுக்கு முன் ரொம்ப சகஜம். ஆனால் இப்போது சார்,,ஹாய்,ஹி என்றெல்லாம் கூறிக்கொண்டு அழைக்கிறோம்.சரி, இந்த "ஓய்" என்ற வார்த்தை எப்போது யாரால் எதற்க்காக நமது அன்றாட வாழ்வில் உபயோகப்படுத்தப்பட்டது. இப்போது அந்த வார்த்தை எங்காவது உபயோகப்படுத்தப்படுகிறதா? இதை பற்றி நன்கு தெரிந்தவர்கள் மற்றவர்களுக்கு அதை பற்றி தெரிவிக்கலாமே?ஏங்காணும் ,அடியே ,ஏன்னா என்று மனைவி கணவனை அழைப்பது,உங்க அப்பாவை கூப்பிடு என்று குழந்தைகளிடம் சொல்வது, என்ற அந்த வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம் இப்போது இருக்கிறதா .

One can come across such language in old tamil films of forties and fiftees.

For that one has to see pothikai channel which shows such films from junk yard

One can come across such language in old tamil films of forties and fiftees.

For that one has to see pothikai channel which shows such films from junk yard

Murasu TV also shows such films....

Many of our brethren have shied away from Brahamanical Bashai and have started using colloquial Tamil used by NB to a large extents..

Even youngsters ask relatives "Neenga eppadi Irukkinga" instead of "Neenga eppadi irukkel"....

Vandinga, poninga are now common in our TamBrahm homes in TN...

Veedu is more commonly used than agam!

We have forgotten our Nitya Karma!

We have changed our dress to suit modern times!

We have buried our Bashai...

What is left now is a TamBrahm without the core!

Change with the times! This is the only thing that we have done!

What are leaving for our posterity?

May be wealth but not the core which is a combo of our culture, tradition, traits and the value system..

We are a body without soul!!

Vganeji

We use good brahmin language in our homes in delhi as we are far away from dravidian culture in south.

Our tamil school in delhi promotes this language.

Even our maid a non brahmin who did school education in tamil school here talks decent brahmin tamil.

One has to escape from tamilnadu to maintain our language and culture

நமது பிராமண சமூகத்தில் பேசப்படும் பல வார்த்தைகள் தனி சிறப்பு உடையவை என்பது நாம் எல்லோரும் அறிந்ததே.. அதில் "ஓய்" என்ற வார்த்தை நமது அன்பையும் நெருக்கத்தையும் தெரிவிக்கிறது என்பது அடியேனுடைய நம்பிக்கை. ஆனால் இப்போது நமது சமூகம் அந்த வார்த்தையை உபயோகிக்கிறதா என்பது சந்தேகம் தான்.உதாரணமாக "என்ன ஓய் இத்தனைநாள் எங்கே போய் இருந்தீர்" "என்ன ஓய் ஆத்தில் எல்லோரும் சௌக்கியமா?" என்பதெல்லாம் 40/50 வருடங்களுக்கு முன் ரொம்ப சகஜம். ஆனால் இப்போது சார்,,ஹாய்,ஹி என்றெல்லாம் கூறிக்கொண்டு அழைக்கிறோம்.சரி, இந்த "ஓய்" என்ற வார்த்தை எப்போது யாரால் எதற்க்காக நமது அன்றாட வாழ்வில் உபயோகப்படுத்தப்பட்டது. இப்போது அந்த வார்த்தை எங்காவது உபயோகப்படுத்தப்படுகிறதா? இதை பற்றி நன்கு தெரிந்தவர்கள் மற்றவர்களுக்கு அதை பற்றி தெரிவிக்கலாமே?ஏங்காணும் ,அடியே ,ஏன்னா என்று மனைவி கணவனை அழைப்பது,உங்க அப்பாவை கூப்பிடு என்று குழந்தைகளிடம் சொல்வது, என்ற அந்த வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம் இப்போதும் இருக்கிறது .

"ஓய்" , "ஏங்காணும்" .... வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம் இப்போதும் இருக்கிறது.............Words are still in vogue among our community. I have heard these words very recently in Tirunelveli District. I went to Tirunelveli to attend a marriage. People are of the origin from a village near Cheranmadevi. I understand that these words are used not only to exhibit close proximity of friendship / relation but also express equality without any bias.

ஏங்காணும் ,அடியே ,ஏன்னா ....வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம்................. mostly used among Thanjavur Dt. and adjoining places.Still in use.

உங்க அப்பாவை கூப்பிடு என்று குழந்தைகளிடம் சொல்வது................ is found commonly even among non-Brahmins.

ஏங்காணும் ,அடியே ,ஏன்னா ....வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம்................. mostly used among Thanjavur Dt. and adjoining places.Still in use.

உங்க அப்பாவை கூப்பிடு என்று குழந்தைகளிடம் சொல்வது................ is found commonly even among non-Brahmins.

Sir, In my own family circle very few use that....It is the elderly in the 70"s & 80's use that...Not the 20's to 40's some..We are from Thanjavur District!!

Narasimhan Sir,

ஏன்
இந்த க்கம் ?
ஏக்கம் இல்லை ஐயா .நாம் எவ்வளவு கீழ் இறங்கி போய்விட்டோம் என்பதை தெரிந்துகொள்ளத்தான் .நாம் நமது பாஷையையே துரந்துவிட்டபிறகு நம்முடன் வேறு என்ன இருக்கிறது .

hi

"ஓய்" ennanna......these words are still in vadhyar community as well as cook community...you can hear these words generally pure brahmin weddings..

ஏக்கம் இல்லை ஐயா .நாம் எவ்வளவு கீழ் இறங்கி போய்விட்டோம் என்பதை தெரிந்துகொள்ளத்தான் .நாம் நமது பாஷையையே துரந்துவிட்டபிறகு நம்முடன் வேறு என்ன இருக்கிறது .
hi

நாம நம்ம பாஷை மட்டும் அல்ல.....பல விஷயத்தையும் தொலைத்து விட்டோம்.....

Last edited:
hi

"ஓய்" ennanna......these words are still in vadhyar community as well as cook community...you can hear these words generally pure brahmin weddings..

Where are pure brahmins weddings? Most of the brahmins weddings are adulterated . I think you are day dreaming.

hi

நாம நம்ம பாஷை மட்டும் அல்ல.....பல விஷயத்தையும் தொலைத்து விட்டோம்.....

Yes sir this is real. You are really bold enough to tell this to others.

I know very well that during 40s, in villages older Brahmins use to greet their known men, whenever
they meet start the covversation with the colloquial word "Oly" Almost all relatives in higher age group preferred this. However I could observe that the better educated among the old did not use the word.& slowly usage came down considerably & difficult to say as to when it vanished ? It could be between 1950 to 1955
A.Srinivasan

Topic Oey

I know very well that during 40s, in villages older Brahmins use to greet their known men, whenever
they meet start the covversation with the colloquial word "Oly" Almost all relatives in higher age group preferred this. However I could observe that the better educated among the old did not use the word.& slowly usage came down considerably & difficult to say as to when it vanished ? It could be between 1950 to 1955
A.Srinivasan

I, agree, Vaideegarhal & some older orthodox feel comfortable to address this way, & it makes them different than n th social setup, compared to all others.
A.Srinivasan

hi

i heard recently....ஓய்" ennanna......among vadhyars in USA....so still in use...
Yes they are faraway from this Tamilnadu where they are not mixing with these 3rd grade Vadhyars who even do not know the meaning of so many manthrams. Let their (USA)tribe grow atleast in USA

ஏன்னா என்று மனைவி கணவனை அழைப்பது,உங்க அப்பாவை கூப்பிடு என்று குழந்தைகளிடம் சொல்வது, என்ற அந்த வார்த்தைகளெல்லாம் இப்போதும் இருக்கிறது ..............................

But this culture habit would survive for one / two decades.

Fashion of the day is to call the husband “ day “

Namaskarams,

Nowadays, the younger generation call their husbands (hubbies) with shorter names like, Krish, Venkat etc. No "Yenna" business. They say we are equal. They don't engage the children to call their hubbies. They directly call them by their shorter names. Age difference factor is a gone factor nowadays. No madisar Kalacharam. Where we are going rather running??
anbuden
adiyen

Namaskarams,

Nowadays, the younger generation call their husbands (hubbies) with shorter names like, Krish, Venkat etc. No "Yenna" business. They say we are equal. They don't engage the children to call their hubbies. They directly call them by their shorter names. Age difference factor is a gone factor nowadays. No madisar Kalacharam. Where we are going rather running??
anbuden
adiyen
hi\

எல்லாம் காலத்தின் கோலங்கள் ......காலம் மாறும்.....கோலங்களும் மாறும்....இது தான் இயற்கையின் நியதி....

Namaskarams,

anbuden
adiyen
What I find in many weddings is that many young women drape the madisAr saree with expensive fashionable matching blouses and

wear traditional jewels like neththi chutti, jimikki, kAsu mAlai,
vangi, oddiyANam, kolusu etc though it is 'oru nAL kooththu'! :drama:

Calling the hubby? Better not to comment! :tape:

What I find in many weddings is that many young women drape the madisAr saree with expensive fashionable matching blouses and

wear traditional jewels like neththi chutti, jimikki, kAsu mAlai,
vangi, oddiyANam, kolusu etc though it is 'oru nAL kooththu'! :drama:

Calling the hubby? Better not to comment! :tape:

In India atleast I find the urge to wear traditional wear! But those who have migrated prefer to discard all these to satisfy the native!!

hi\

எல்லாம் காலத்தின் கோலங்கள் ......காலம் மாறும்.....கோலங்களும் மாறும்....இது தான் இயற்கையின் நியதி....

So far I have not heard any young married girls however well qualified and earn better call their hubbies in singular short names . I think most of the participants are exaggerating to give a pep up to their arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back