• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Blindfolded Kashmiri Pandit hugs it out to promote brotherhood in Valley

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]Blindfolded Kashmiri Pandit hugs it out to promote brotherhood in Valley[/h]
Amid a raging debate on intolerance in the country, a Kashmiri Pandit stood blindfolded in the heart of the city, inviting people to hug him to exhibit brotherhood between various communities in the Valley on Monday.

Inspired by a Muslim man who stood blindfolded in Paris, asking people to embrace him if they trusted him after the November 13 attacks, Sandeep Mawa, a doctor by profession, stood at Press Colony here asking people to hug him.

He was accompanied by members from Sikh and Muslim community, who embraced people irrespective of their religion to send a message of tolerance.

“We, all humans, are alike. When God has not differentiated between us, why should there be any division? There should not be any intolerance. This is the message we want to send across,” Mawa, who is the chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Reconciliation Front, said.

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...d-in-valley/story-DOWoV0qhflHF4zp26ty6uK.html

Blindfolded Kashmiri Pandit hugs it out to promote brotherhood in Valley

Amid a raging debate on intolerance in the country, a Kashmiri Pandit stood blindfolded in the heart of the city, inviting people to hug him to exhibit brotherhood between various communities in the Valley on Monday.

Inspired by a Muslim man who stood blindfolded in Paris, asking people to embrace him if they trusted him after the November 13 attacks, Sandeep Mawa, a doctor by profession, stood at Press Colony here asking people to hug him.

He was accompanied by members from Sikh and Muslim community, who embraced people irrespective of their religion to send a message of tolerance.

“We, all humans, are alike. When God has not differentiated between us, why should there be any division? There should not be any intolerance. This is the message we want to send across,” Mawa, who is the chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Reconciliation Front, said.

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...d-in-valley/story-DOWoV0qhflHF4zp26ty6uK.html
Let their inspiration be continued without perspiration,

It does not require much courage to hug a kashmiri pandit

How many tamil brahmins for that matter any brahmin can hug a dalit , even non brahmin or any other religion muslim or christian?

I would freely by the way. I am a great hugger

Keep it up.

Who told you it is courage that matters?

And there are lot of practices by which one can always convey his love, affection, brotherhood, etc and not necessarily only by hugging each other.

Hugging is practiced by few sections. India is a divided country and every section have their own practices.

But Tamil Brahmins have unique ways of exhibiting their love, affection, empathy, kindness, brotherhood, etc and it is widely practiced in real life, but not preached!

If someone has a belt loaded with explosives belonging to another religion , It require courage to hug anyone unknown belonging to his religion.

Thats what I meant in my post

If someone has a belt loaded with explosives belonging to another religion , It require courage to hug anyone unknown belonging to his religion.

Thats what I meant in my post

Those who attacked Tamil Brahmins at Tamil Nadu have blatantly done that and no incident of belt loaded with explosives reported so far.

I can now see a mind loaded with strange ideas.lol

The doctrine of universal brotherhood expressed by Edwin Arnold in the line in a verse " Love thy neighbour as thyself"
which synchronise with Nachinaarkiniyar's lines " Yaathum oore Yavrum KeLir "..... are reminded by the action of the Kashmiri Pandit to the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back