• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

'Government of India should penalise Tamil Nadu government for floods'

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

'Government of India should penalise Tamil Nadu government for floods'

'The Chennai floods in particular clearly show there is a nexus between corruption, disaster, destruction and death.'

'Urban development in India is the source of all corruption.'

M G Devasahayam, a former Indian Administrative Service officer who has worked in urban planning, energy, utility management (public transport, electricity), accountability and governance in public services, has been critical of the way cities are being developed in India by forgetting rules, regulations and environment.

In this interview to Shobha Warrier/Rediff.com, Devasahayam, who served in the Indian Army before joining the IAS, believes the Tamil Nadu government is responsible for the unprecedented floods that crippled Chennai last week.
He was also quite critical of the new capital city Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is building on the banks of the Krishna. In fact, Devasayam, image, below, had led a fact-finding team from the National Alliance of People's Movements, which he had started, to the 29 villages in the state's new proposed capital region.

Read more at: http://www.rediff.com/news/intervie...enalise-tn-government-for-floods/20151125.htm

One cannot forget the role of Govenrors in the every State.

There is umteen number of provisions, if there is strained relationship between theState nd the Central.

And what for Article 356 is there in the Constitution?

One cannot forget the role of Govenrors in the every State.

There is umteen number of provisions, if there is strained relationship between theState nd the Central.

And what for Article 356 is there in the Constitution?

Whether Article 356 specifically give any power to the Central Got.to take action against States during natural calamities? ?

Article 356. deals with provisions in case of failure of constitutional machinery in State.

Last edited by a moderator:

Article 356. deals with provisions in case of failure of constitutional machinery in State.

Who would decide that the constitutional machinery in the State have failed.
Central Govt or .........you & I.
It appears that Central Govt. is in full resonance with the State.
Rosiah is as usual, busy with his schedule of attending all opening ceremonies of all shops and other establishments.

But PM attributes the Chennai rains to climate change...This is true to a large extent!

[h=1]Narendra Modi blames climate change for floods in Tamil Nadu[/h]

New Delhi: The unseasonal rains and flooding in Tamil Nadu are a consequence of global warming, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday, setting a sombre Indian context to the climate change summit in Paris.

Modi stressed the need for capacity building and spreading awareness about the impact of climate change in India, but also proposed joint exercises by South Asian nations for disaster preparedness.
“We are seeing the impact of climate change now. The unseasonal rains resulted in floods in Tamil Nadu. In India, we have witnessed heavy rains in non-monsoon weather. Huge losses have been reported and many people have lost their lives,” Modi said in his monthly radio address ‘Mann Ki Baat’.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/lL...proposes-Ek-Bharat-Shresht-Bharat-scheme.html

It is said that Tamilnadu Govt is in a financial fix; The the Financial officer in the o/o the Financial Minister of Govt. Tamilnadu who used to collect the data of daily collection of Revenues by fax messages from Reserve Bank of India and Treasury Branches of SBI, could alone know the daily financial position of the State Govt.

It is said the present financial position do not pose a rosy picture.

Reserve Bank of India, also have been very strict in allowing overdrafts.

The cost of freebies, monthly subsidy to EB, Salary and other establishments, pension etc.....all eat away the revenues collected.

The Finance Secretary has to make acrobats to make the both ends meet.

The natural calamity has added fuel to the fire of the opposition.

Yes you are right.

The State’s financial position is not sound as one may think.

At the time of Budget early this year, the State Finance Secretary had honestly admitted that the State Government is passing through a difficult time with revenue flow dropping to a slow down.

Adding to the woe, now we have the Seventh Pay Commission already submitted its recommendation to the Government of India on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] November suggesting 23.55 % hike in Pay and Allowances to Government Employees and is to be implemented from January 2016. Think about the finance burden it will have on State’s exchequer in paying the arrears. Last time, the arrears were paid in installments.

The CAG has reported that the State run companies viz. the eight State Transport Corporations and the Electricity Board (TNGEDCO) have been incurring significant losses due to poor financial management and planning.

While TANGEDCO incurred loss of
Rs.11,679.07 crore as on September 2014, the eight Transport Corporations have incurred losses to the tune of Rs.1265.96 crore.

This is the ground reality.

But, we have a Delhi based Member, who is believed to be a blind follower of the Party, without knowing anything, certified in this Forum that Tamil Nadu has an
excellent Administration, while the CAG which has gone into the auditing of accounts has a totally different story.

Yes you are right.

The State’s financial position is not sound as one may think.

At the time of Budget early this year, the State Finance Secretary had honestly admitted that the State Government is passing through a difficult time with revenue flow dropping to a slow down.

Adding to the woe, now we have the Seventh Pay Commission already submitted its recommendation to the Government of India on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] November suggesting 23.55 % hike in Pay and Allowances to Government Employees and is to be implemented from January 2016. Think about the finance burden it will have on State’s exchequer in paying the arrears. Last time, the arrears were paid in installments.

The CAG has reported that the State run companies viz. the eight State Transport Corporations and the Electricity Board (TNGEDCO) have been incurring significant losses due to poor financial management and planning.

While TANGEDCO incurred loss of
Rs.11,679.07 crore as on September 2014, the eight Transport Corporations have incurred losses to the tune of Rs.1265.96 crore.

This is the ground reality.

But, we have a Delhi based Member, who is believed to be a blind follower of the Party, without knowing anything, certified in this Forum that Tamil Nadu has an
excellent Administration, while the CAG which has gone into the auditing of accounts has a totally different story.
Some corrections:
The pay commission announced a hike of 14.5% in pay & DA (with 100% neutralisation of DA as on 01.01.2016) and 23.5% hike in other allowances ( HRA, CCA etc.)
Central pay commission's recommendations are applicable to Central Govt. Employees only.

State Pay Commission has to formally announce its recommendations to Tamilnadu Govt for its employees. This process would be started only after the central enactment is over.

Regarding the contents of the last para, I am of a humble opinion that anyone could be issue based;
either supporter or opposer of that particular issue.

We would never be a blind supporter or opposer of any party / any Govt. as we are not the core basic members of the party in power or in opposition.

Some corrections:
The pay commission announced a hike of 14.5% in pay & DA (with 100% neutralisation of DA as on 01.01.2016) and 23.5% hike in other allowances ( HRA, CCA etc.)

Central pay commission's recommendations are applicable to Central Govt. Employees only.

State Pay Commission has to formally announce its recommendations to Tamilnadu Govt for its employees. This process would be started only after the central enactment is over.

Regarding the contents of the last para, I am of a humble opinion that anyone could be issue based;
either supporter or opposer of that particular issue.

We would never be a blind supporter or opposer of any party / any Govt. as we are not the core basic members of the party in power or in opposition.

One of the highlight of the announcements in the state budget was that 7th pay revision would be implemented from 1.1.2016.

We are already in December 2015 and hardly few days left.

I go by the Budget announcement.

Let us wait and see whether this Government acts as committed in the Assembly.

As for the rate of pay, DA and other Allowances, I go by the report published in The Hindu which is as follows:

Pay panel moots 23.5% hike, to cost govt. Rs.1.02 lakh cr.

In its report submitted to the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday, the Seventh Central Pay Commission has recommended an overall increase of 23.55 per cent in pay, allowances, and pension for government employees. Within this, the Commission’s report recommends a 16 per cent increase in basic pay, a 63 per cent increase in allowances and a 24 per cent hike in pension. The recommendations are to come into force on January 1, 2016.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...payments-to-govt-employees/article7896655.ece

And I have fair knowledge about the customs and procedures practiced in State Government.

The State Government's annoucement will follow Central Governments annoucement as is being done in enhancing DA.

As for other things, I expect members to express balanced judgments and not biased and impartial texts which tend to mislead the readers.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the highlight of the announcements in the state budget was that 7th pay revision would be implemented from 1.1.2016.

We are already in December 2015 and hardly few days left.

I go by the Budget announcement.

Let us wait and see whether this Government acts as committed in the Assembly.

As for the rate of pay, DA and other Allowances, I go by the report published in The Hindu which is as follows:

Pay panel moots 23.5% hike, to cost govt. Rs.1.02 lakh cr.

In its report submitted to the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday, the Seventh Central Pay Commission has recommended an overall increase of 23.55 per cent in pay, allowances, and pension for government employees. Within this, the Commission’s report recommends a 16 per cent increase in basic pay, a 63 per cent increase in allowances and a 24 per cent hike in pension. The recommendations are to come into force on January 1, 2016.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...payments-to-govt-employees/article7896655.ece

And I have fair knowledge about the customs and procedures practiced in State Government.

The State Government's annoucement will follow Central Governments annoucement as is being done in enhancing DA.

As for other things, I expect members to express balanced judgments and not biased and impartial texts which tend to mislead the readers.
My post is based on a model worked out examples published in a Central Govt. Employees union website wherein the details of each grade pay and how much monetary benefit that each one of the category would get etc. are explained.
Regarding the comments in the last para, I have to let you know that my better half is an official in a Central Govt. Dept. Therefore,I do hope that the information what I gave is not reading between the lines or misguiding any body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back