• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Filthy Riches.. [ TVK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

12279066_962590410500483_5565903995572543494_n.jpg

keralite NRI Businessman's daughter on her wedding today, no gold ornaments...only diamonds ..only 20 crores setting of dias nd hall with baahubali deco: He spent 55 crores on this weddiing

My apologies...but the moment I have seen this photo..sent to me..my blood boiled..I felt it is arrogant display of wealth..

TVK

We should atleast be satisfied that he spent the money in India not in some offshore Island abroad...The money will definitely lead to a delta growth in the Country!

My apologies...but the moment I have seen this photo..sent to me..my blood boiled..I felt it is arrogant display of wealth..

TVK

Dear TVK ji,

Why should your blood boil?

If someone wants to flaunt their wealth..let them do so..after all most Indian marriages are meant to be a display of wealth and people end up spending more than what they can actually afford.

Moderation is practiced by very few.

Riches of others of should not make our blood boil.

That would only indicate that we subconsciously desire it too!LOL

Just enjoy the luster of the diamonds yaar knowing very well that its merely carbon.

Last edited:
It is good that NRI Entrepreneur Sri Ravi Pillai has prefered to spend his weath in our Country and part of the money spent for good reasons.The family has set aside Rs.10 Crores for humanitarian initiatives.Money spent on Marriage arrangements will help artisans and artists. RP Group of business house owned by Ravi Pillai started with 150 employees, has grown now to a big business chain spread over 26 countries giving employment to 70,000 people. Sri Ravi Pillai has stakes in construction, mining, hospitality, gas and education areas. Forbes magazine had listed him among the 1,000 billionaires in the world.
I do not understand why we should denigrate spending of rightfully earned wealth. It is my view that money and knowledge should be shared to gain its value.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear TVK ji,

Why should your blood boil?

If someone wants to flaunt their wealth..let them do so..after all most Indian marriages are meant to be a display of wealth and people end up spending more than what they can actually afford.

Moderation is practiced by very few.

Riches of others of should not make our blood boil.

That would only indicate that we subconsciously desire it too!LOL

Just enjoy the luster of the diamonds yaar knowing very well that its merely carbon.

"That would only indicate that we subconsciously desire it too!LOL"

Ha..Ha.. Interesting Observation by the Doctor.. I don't know much about subconcious but this picture realy gives the present state prevails. Will these rich people help the 'HaveNots' permanently..instead of throwing few crores on the day of wedding..as charity..?

857_Poor_Food_Merabharosa.jpg

Just think about these down-trodden...No-body will be against these rich people spending there money which they got legally or illegally but which of them are prepared to spend for the poor without any return favours are stinks attached..?.. These kind of blatant display of wealth may be common in other countries but in India where 48 percent of people are not able get even one meal per day.. will make anyone to express their displeasure..

TVK

. These kind of blatant display of wealth may be common in other countries but in India where 48 percent of people are not able get even one meal per day.. will make anyone to express their displeasure..
Ref: Post #10

Cut your wedding expenses in India - same justification to cut down the Kisses of Saskari James Bond in Spectre! But not when Gods flaunt their Jewells & wealth during their Kalyana uthsawam in Tirupathi - forgetting this 48 % - அக்கட சூடு காேவிந்தா ! Incredible India!!

"That would only indicate that we subconsciously desire it too!LOL"

Ha..Ha.. Interesting Observation by the Doctor.. I don't know much about subconcious but this picture realy gives the present state prevails. Will these rich people help the 'HaveNots' permanently..instead of throwing few crores on the day of wedding..as charity..?

857_Poor_Food_Merabharosa.jpg

Just think about these down-trodden...No-body will be against these rich people spending there money which they got legally or illegally but which of them are prepared to spend for the poor without any return favours are stinks attached..?.. These kind of blatant display of wealth may be common in other countries but in India where 48 percent of people are not able get even one meal per day.. will make anyone to express their displeasure..

TVK

But even the average person in India or any where else in the world wants to have a lavish wedding.

After all even Kings of the past have spent lavishly when their daughters got married.

It all depends on the mindset of the person.

Some of us do not like pomp and show..some like pomp and show. For me personally I do not like too much pomp and show becos its might make others uneasy and some might not really wish well.So its better to play safe and thread the middle path.

Rich helping the poor scenario..after all Mr Ravi Pillai has done his fair share of charitable work too..so if he still has extra money to spend I feel its up to him to decide how he wants to spend it.

No big deal actually.

Lets just wish the bride a happy married life.

I am sure many people might already be jealous of her.

Last edited:
Dear TVK Sir,

'viralukku Eththa veekkam vENdAmO?'...

Wedding expenses are status symbols!
drama.gif

Just think is over! :decision:

I do not understand why we should denigrate the rich. It represents the result of a person's hard labour and earning acumen. I am not a rich person. But that does not mean I should consider richness as "filth". I appreciate the goodness of rich person when he spends part of his wealth in good deeds.

Poverty is the result of Social inequality and ignorance. Glorifying poverty for any reason is a sin, adharma.. It is the duty of Society represented by elected Governments to eradicate poverty. Unfortunately poverty and ignorance are used by Politicians for their personal gains.

Brahmanmyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back