Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 99/7
    Given: 1/0

Sri Ramanujacharya - Glimpses of his life and times

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This article on Sri Ramanuja has been contributed by our member Shri. Vengrai Parthasarathy (profile).

A few words from him
    "I am annexing my article based on different books and internet sources. However the presentation is mine only in my language. "

To adapt Thomas Carlyle famous dictum, Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma) can be termed as a chronicle of the biographies of India’s great religious teachers/Acharyas.

The triumvirate of the most eminent Acharyas, Adhi Sankara, Râmânuja, and Madhva synthesized and formulated the Advaita, Vishishtŕdvaita, and Dvaita philosophy, as Non-dualism, Qualified non-dualism, and Dualism respectively. Key source texts for the three, main Hindu philosophical schools of Vedanta are referred to as the Prasthanathrayi--canonical texts of the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gitŕ, and the Brahmasutras –they are thought of as the link between the individual and cosmic soul, and as conduits to Lord’s grace.

Sri Sankaracharya (788-820) was the foremost Acharya, the first torch-bearer of Hinduism, to put forward a cogent and clear analysis and interpretation of the Vedantha texts. He enunciated the Advaita philosophy of Absolute Oneness, defined as non-dualism or monism. Everything in this universe is but a manifestation of the Supreme One., Advaita has been defined as signifying the only One absolute reality called Brahman, who is supreme, infinite and omnipresent. Brahman alone is real and non-dual in nature. Advaita signifies the negative of two, i.e., 'non- two'.

Sri Râmânujacharya (1017-1137) came three centuries after Sankaracharya... He formulated and gave shape and content to the Visishtadavaita school of Vedānta (Qualified Non-dualism/Monism). Sri Nathamuni, Sri Yamunacharya and Sri Râmânujar were the three oracles or mentors of Vaishnavism, Nathamuni being the eminence gris.. He had obtained the secret knowledge from Nammalvar who bequeathed it to his grandson Yamunacharya, known as Alavandar also.
    No changes to the article has been made other than to convert the word doc to pdf. It has been published as provided.

Click here to download

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by praveen; 20-11-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Good and great information. Thanks.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

What a great personality is Sri Ramanujar, religious, broad minded, outright honest, steadfast in his convictions, and a majestic preceptor who had set an example by practicing what he preached.
    Beautifully written article !
    All aspects of Sri Ramanujar's ideals, teachings, and works , his expertise in the knowledge of the Vedas and his reverence for his guru have been well explained.

Vasant
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/5
    Given: 8/2

Well researched and well written article. Informative!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.