• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Communist Idol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after a two tenures of Chief Minister-ship, Nambudribad used to go on road, daily, in a bicycle.
Mrs. Gowri also is a simple person.
They were all ministers with principle and simplicity and never got corrupted.

At end of life some look back , wonder if what they stood for was worth it...

most get disgusted with their not so good acts and get happy with few good acts. In sum total if good outweighs the bad , one should feel relieved....

Even after a two tenures of Chief Minister-ship, Nambudribad used to go on road, daily, in a bicycle.
Mrs. Gowri also is a simple person.
They were all ministers with principle and simplicity and never got corrupted.

Shri yesmohan sir,

It is true that Nambudiripad was a principled communist way back in the old days. But 'power' did bring changes in him also. I won't go into details but suffice to say that all his close relatives found themselves in cushy government jobs, that too when the high castes do not get any chance for government jobs at all! Smt. K.R. Gowri, the rumour goes, was denied Chief Ministership due to she being from SC?ST when the shots were being called by EMS Nambudiripad and none else. She was completely and patently anti-brahmin when she was a minister. In sheer disgust she floated her own party which had stunted growth and is now in danger of a vertical split.

The moral of the story is, all these icons have feet of clay!

I know a communist rajyasabha member who was committed to the party from his engineering days , later stayed a bachelor all his life . He later landed into trouble for

falsely promising marriage to a lady who nursed his mother during her last days. Sometimes those committed to an ideology slip up at a personal level and lose their

balance. One has to look at them in totality and look at their positive contributions and ignore some errors and flaws in personalities. If they have contributed to

common good then we can appreciate them for that. Icons like lenin- they have been buried now and their statues have been brought down.Stars of yester years have

lost their glory and are not held in respect anymore.

Kamala das would be ever remembered for her openness in description of women s needs a subject largely not explicitly spelt out ever before or after her.

Initially her works were considered a bit out of the ordinary. later she offended the women folk of the country with her writings and behaviour that she became one of

the most abused figures.

Her conversion to islam and her relationship with a person of the minority community completely alienated her from her readers.

Her poetry is charming. Her other writings though readable left an impression she was trying only to shock people with her writing and not close to her real feelings .

Kamala das would be ever remembered for her openness in description of women s needs a subject largely not explicitly spelt out ever before or after her.

Initially her works were considered a bit out of the ordinary. later she offended the women folk of the country with her writings and behaviour that she became one of

the most abused figures.

Her conversion to islam and her relationship with a person of the minority community completely alienated her from her readers.

Her poetry is charming. Her other writings though readable left an impression she was trying only to shock people with her writing and not close to her real feelings .

Kamala Das' husband was a high ranking officer of the Reserve Bank of India. They were, therefore, living in that Bank's officers' quarters in one of the posh localties of Mumbai (then, Bombay). Das started writing in the Illustrated Weekly and her central theme was how her husband had risen in his official career by presenting her to his superiors! There was a rumour that she had had extramarital affairs, out of her own wanton nature, and she was trying shrewdly to shift the blame on to her gentleman husband. The truth is not yet known. She caused the children to go away, husband died and she then tried to prove herself as some kind of literary genius. Somewhere along the road, she fell in love with a Muslim litterateur of high standing and influence and, people say, even let him know that she was ready to change into Islam so that he could accept her as one of the wives, but that married writer was unmoved. She changed her religion and name and died in ignominy (I will say.) and I am not sure whether her children came even to see her dead body. But Kerala people hold her in some respect more because she belonged to a highly respected parentage (Mother: Nalappattu Balamani Amma, a great Malayalam poetess, and Father: V.M. Nair, a former managing editor of the widely circulated Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi.) I have no regards for this person.

Kamala Das' husband was a high ranking officer of the Reserve Bank of India. They were, therefore, living in that Bank's officers' quarters in one of the posh localties of Mumbai (then, Bombay). Das started writing in the Illustrated Weekly and her central theme was how her husband had risen in his official career by presenting her to his superiors! There was a rumour that she had had extramarital affairs, out of her own wanton nature, and she was trying shrewdly to shift the blame on to her gentleman husband. The truth is not yet known. She caused the children to go away, husband died and she then tried to prove herself as some kind of literary genius. Somewhere along the road, she fell in love with a Muslim litterateur of high standing and influence and, people say, even let him know that she was ready to change into Islam so that he could accept her as one of the wives, but that married writer was unmoved. She changed her religion and name and died in ignominy (I will say.) and I am not sure whether her children came even to see her dead body. But Kerala people hold her in some respect more because she belonged to a highly respected parentage (Mother: Nalappattu Balamani Amma, a great Malayalam poetess, and Father: V.M. Nair, a former managing editor of the widely circulated Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi.) I have no regards for this person.

It was reported that her final rites were performed as per both Hindu and Muslim customs. Is it right?

Kamala das Poetry had literary merit. She had won many awards in her literary career.

She is one of our earliest feminists who openly talked about womens desires and needs.

She portrayed herself as a free bird . She tried going beyond ties of caste and religion in trying for fulfillment of her intellectual and physical desires.

Conventional womenfolk ran her down unable to accept her openness . Men despised her independance of spirit.

She was ahead of her times in india.

Now , in 21st century she would have found better acceptance.

These days many indian films get made depicting such women- we have films of ketan mehta, masaan , shyam benegal movies where gender rights and

justice get depicted. If in real living, such attitudes of openness are adopted by some women with conviction, we hunt them down. We are a very intolerant

society.

We perhaps can appreciate her poetry and other works and accept her as she was without being judgemental. ....

After conversion, in one of our interviews, she said that she was comfortable in 'burka', and felt protection.

This kattipidi concept I like.

I am also a great hugger. It is not mistaken much in north india.

I have been warned by my better half to not do such things in south india .

Hugging solves many issues and bonds people.

It breaks the reserve of shy people and smoothens relationships.

Would strongly recommend it to all.

If someone is from weaker sections , caste not high in social scale or other religions hugging removes the initial hesitation to transact.

This kattipidi concept I like.

I am also a great hugger. It is not mistaken much in north india.

I have been warned by my better half to not do such things in south india .

Hugging solves many issues and bonds people.

It breaks the reserve of shy people and smoothens relationships.

Would strongly recommend it to all.

If someone is from weaker sections , caste not high in social scale or other religions hugging removes the initial hesitation to transact.

I dislike this kattippudee or hugging concept. Our traditional namaskar or namaste with folded hands should do for we, Indian people. Worse is the 'kissing'culture. Both these alien things are part of the Pun(chapApi)jabi culture of North India as my athimbar often used to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back