• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Onigiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys today i did my favourite Onigiri(japanese rice balls)...i liked so much..plz use sticky rice or short grained rice or it wont stick together...

INGREDIENTS
1.Cooked rice-150-200gms.
2.Finely grated potato-2tbsp.
3.Finely grated carrot-3tbsp.
4.Frozen peas-1-2tbsp.
5.Finely choped mushrooms-2 in number.
6.Coriander leaves-req amt.
7.Salt-req amt.
8.Garam masala-req amt.
9.Unsalted cheese grated nicely-1tbsp.
10.Oil-1tbsp.

Method
1.Blanch the grated potato and carrot.
2.Fry chopped mushroom and peas.
3.Take cooked rice in a plate and add blanched potato,carrot,fried mushroom,peas,salt,coriander leaves,garam masala,grated cheese and mix well.
4.Take the mixture and make ur own desired shape(i used triangle) and fry with a tbsp of oil on B.S for abt 3-5mins.
5.Serve with any chutney u like...(i used corimint chutney)

Veggie ONIGIRI is ready.

Nutrients in veggie ONIGIRI...

1.Rice ---1cup---200calories. (cooked rice la Zinc and manganese).
2.Potato----copper,potassium,manganese,fiber,phosphorus,Vit (B5,B6,B3).
3.Carrot---beta carotene,fiber,vit (C,A,B5,B9),Potassium,iron,copper,manganese.
4.Mushrooms----Vit (B5,B3,B2),selenium,Ergothionine,copper,potassium).
5.peas---Vit (B1,B2,B3,B6,B9,C),K,maganese,fiber,copper,phosphorus,molybdenum,zinc,protein,potassium,chlorine.
6.Coriander leaves---Vit A,C,K.
7.Cheese---calcium,protein,phosphorus,zinc,Vit A,B12.
8.Salt----sodium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back