• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam for my son - Advice Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

Namaskaram.
I would like to perform Upanayanam for my elder son whose has completed 9 years. We are staying at chennai. We belong to Ric Veda. (Iyer-Vadama/ North arcot poorvegam).

Would like to know on the following -
1. How many Iyers reqd to perform.
2. Days required - i.e. 1 or 2 days i.e prev.day noon to next day noon or in same day
3. Ideal place for performing
4. We are expecting 50 odd relatives in day 1 and 100 persons in day 2.
5. What would be the approx. budget

Since My father died when I was young, being bought up under difficult situation by my Mother, I really do not know much about it.
My Upanayanam was performed at Kanchi Mutt, Perambur.

Does Kanchi Mutt, offer this service as paid service.

My advance thanks .. for the advice.

Bala.Murali Krishnan

Dear Bala murali, You can do Upanayanam in the odd years like 9,11,13 like this.
One vathiyar is enough. If e needs he can assrrange for assistant. Now a days
two days is enough for this fn for vaideekam. Place of perormance you should deciade.
for meals and other this if it is new place kyou can qpproch mariger contractos for this
pur[ose. but it is ltttle expensive.

In Sirugamani village Trichy dt we have one Rig veda patasala. They can giude you in
this regard. for vaitheekiam if you need any help you can cotact me. my mobile no

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back