• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Atmajnani

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To cut short, if one studies a single document existing in Hinduism, the most sacred "Bhagavad Gita" ... nothing else is left to study in Adhyatma. Bhagavad Gita ... the source of all knowledge Spiritual is a dictate given by Lord Krishna himself to the Pandava King Arjuna. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Study Bhagavad Gita! Search for the company of realized Souls. You shall gain wisdom for which your Atman within craves day and night. Permanently placed in harmony with your inner self ... a feeling of tranquility and godliness takes you over. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

May be the following extract may be useful for your purposes:

The great Adi Shankara (first Shankaracharya) of the eighth century summarized the entirety of Advaita Vedanta (non-dualistic philosophy) in six stanzas. When a young boy of eight, while wandering in the Himalayas, seeking to find his guru, he encountered a sage who asked him, "Who are you?" The boy answered with these stanzas, which are known as "Nirvana Shatakam" or "Atma Shatakam." "Nirvana" is complete equanimity, peace, tranquility, freedom and joy. "Atma" is the True Self. The sage the boy was talking to was Swami Govindapada Acharya, who was, indeed, the teacher he was looking for.These few verses can be of tremendous value to progress in contemplation practices that lead to Self-Realization.

1)I am not mind, nor intellect, nor ego,
nor the reflections of inner self (chitta). [more]
I am not the five senses. [more]
I am beyond that.
I am not the ether, nor the earth,
nor the fire, nor the wind (the five elements).
I am indeed,
That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva,
love and pure consciousness.
2)Neither can I be termed as energy (prana),
nor five types of breath (vayus), [more]
nor the seven material essences, [more]
nor the five coverings (pancha-kosha). [more]
Neither am I the five instruments of elimination,
procreation, motion, grasping, or speaking. [more]
I am indeed,
3)I have no hatred or dislike,
nor affiliation or liking,
nor greed,
nor delusion,
nor pride or haughtiness,
nor feelings of envy or jealousy.
I have no duty (dharma),
nor any money,
nor any desire (kama),
nor even liberation (moksha).
I am indeed,
4)I have neither merit (virtue),
nor demerit (vice).
I do not commit sins or good deeds,
nor have happiness or sorrow,
pain or pleasure.
I do not need mantras, holy places,
scriptures (Vedas), rituals or sacrifices (yagnas).
I am none of the triad of
the observer or one who experiences,
the process of observing or experiencing,
or any object being observed or experienced.
I am indeed,
5)I do not have fear of death,
as I do not have death.
I have no separation from my true self,
no doubt about my existence,
nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth.
I have no father or mother,
nor did I have a birth.
I am not the relative,
nor the friend,
nor the guru,
nor the disciple.
I am indeed,
6)I am all pervasive.
I am without any attributes,
and without any form.
I have neither attachment to the world,
nor to liberation (mukti).
I have no wishes for anything
because I am everything,
everywhere,
every time,
always in equilibrium.
I am indeed,
Sanskrit:
Mano Buddhi Ahankara Chitta Ninaham
Nacha Shrotra Jihve Na Cha Ghrana Netre
Nacha Vyoma Bhoomir Na Tejo Na Vayu
Chidananda Rupa Shivoham Shivoham
Na Cha Prana Samjno Na Vai Pancha Vayu
Na Va Saptadhatur Na Va Pancha Koshah
Na Vak Pani Padau Na Chopastha Payu
Na Me Dvesha Ragau Na Me Lobha Mohau
Mado Naiva Me Naiva Matsarya Bhavah
Na Dharmo Na Chartho Na Kamo Na Mokshah
Na Punyam Na Papam Na Saukhyam Na Dukham
Na Mantro Na Teertham Na Vedo Na Yajnaha
Aham Bhojanam Naiva Bhojyam Na Bhokta
Na Me Mrityu Shanka Na Me Jati Bhedah
Pita Naiva Me Naiva Mata Na Janma
Na Bandhur Na Mitram Gurur Naiva Shishyah
Aham Nirvikalpo Nirakara Roopaha
Vibhur Vyapya Sarvatra Sarvendriyanam
Sada Me Samatvam Na Muktir Na Bandhah

Source:
http://www.swamij.com/shankara-atma-shatakam.htm

Last edited:
Dear Lalit ji,

I was thinking of Atma Shatakam today cos I love to sing it just for fun.

The strange thing is at the age of 8 Adi Shankara knew about Atma and I am not this..I am not that..I am Consciouness,Bliss and Auspiciousness.(Shiva in the actual translation here means Auspiciousness).

Then a thought came to me how come at the age of 8 Adi S knew about Atma yet as an adult he forgot that fact and asked the Chandala to move out of his way!LOL

Strange but true.

Hi guys
What is meant by atmajnani...its purpose...and how can these people live among others or do they live?

1)What is meant by atmajnani

AtmaJnani literally translates as person who knows the Atma.

2)Its purpose?

Well when a person ages we tend to be polite and say that he/she gains wisdom.

Then when one has aged enough until dementia starts to set in we confer the title of "AtmaJnaani" to make an oldie happy becos by a certain age most bodily functions start to deteriorate and one gets a "stupor" which is mistaken as enlightenment!

3)how can these people live among others?

Some appear insane and some make others insane.

4) do they live?

If the exist that means they should be living.

Then a thought came to me how come at the age of 8 Adi S knew about Atma yet as an adult he forgot that fact and asked the Chandala to move out of his way!LOL
The same way the Humble Modi when he went to campaign in 2014 for the Parliamentray elections with ONLY THE DEVELOPMENT AGENDA ( and not the Cow , Sanskrit , Love Jihad and other agenda ) forgot the same after winning the Parliamentray elections and few state Elections being intoxicated with the Power forgot about the Development Agenda and slowly and silently encouraged the other hidden agendas only to get a royal thrashing with the broom in the Delhi assembly elections and being chased out by Cows in Bihar assembly elections and now realizing where he erred .

In conclusion :
Many people know smoking is bad but how many can resist smoking ?So in the end what matters is not what you know but how exactly you stay true to that knowledge till the end and also how humble you are and neither Adi Shankara or Modi are exception to this .

The following video shows what happens when a guy intoxicated with arrogance and tries to show off only to be chased by cows .Just put Modi ( and Amit Shah ) in the place of the biker and you will get the full picture .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0I6fO5R1g

Last edited:
Dear Lalit ji,

I was thinking of Atma Shatakam today cos I love to sing it just for fun.

The strange thing is at the age of 8 Adi Shankara knew about Atma and I am not this..I am not that..I am Consciouness,Bliss and Auspiciousness.(Shiva in the actual translation here means Auspiciousness).

Strange but true.

Dear Renuji,

"God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform".
Guess you raised this "Chandala episode" as you may have wanted to know the response of other learned Members in this forum to this incident in the light of Self Realization! :) With your deep interest and love and knowledge of Sanskrit you will be aware of the real message to humanity through this incident:Sri Shankara at Varanasi

Sri Shankara reached Varanasi, had a dip in the holy Ganges, offered his prayers at the shrine of Sri Vishwanatha and stayed at the city for sometime. Just as pieces made of iron get attracted to a powerful magnet, those who were ripe enough to understand the subtle teachings of the Vedas were drawn towards Sri Shankara at Varanasi. Of these, the first disciple of Sri Shankara was an illustrious young brahmachari who was named Sanandana on initiation into Sanyasa.One day when Shankara was going with his disciples to the Ganges for midday ablutions, he noticed an outcaste approaching them with a pack of four dogs. Shankara and his disciples asked him to keep out of their path. But the hunter raised an issue –अन्नमयात् अन्नमयं अथवा चैतन्यमेव चैतन्यात् ।
द्विजवर दूरीकर्तुं वाञ्चसि किं ब्रूहि गच्छ गच्छेति ॥

The outcaste responded thus, ‘This body comes has its source in the same material food and performs the same functions in the case of both a Brahmana and an outcast. If the question is addressed to the Atman, the witnessing consciousness, the Atman is the same in all unaffected, by anything that is of the body. How do differences such as ‘This is a Brahmana, this is a chandala’ arise in the non-dual experience? Is the sun changed in the least whether it’s reflection in seen in a pot containing liquor or in the holy Ganges? Is the Akasha in a golden pot different from the one in the mud pot? The one universal, unblemished spirit, is shining alike in all bodies ‘ is this not the truth?’Sri Shankara was struck with the chandala’s Atma Jnana and exclaimed that a person who sees the world as Atman only and whose mind is firmly established in that conviction is worthy of worship irrespective of whether he is a Brahmana or an outcaste by birth. He admitted, ‘I am sure the pure consciousness shines alike in Mahavishnu as also in flies. All objective phenomena is false ‘ he who is ever established in this consciousness is my Guru, worthy of respect, be he an outcaste by birth. All objects presented to consciousness are false and unreal, what is inherent in all these is pure consciousness alone, and that pure consciousness is the ‘I’. A man established in such an awareness is indeed a Guru to me.’ This, Sri Shankara conveyed through his composition called Manisha Panchakam, a few verses of which are –जाग्रस्वप्नसुषुप्तिषु स्फुटतरा या संविदुज्जृंभते
या ब्रह्मादि पिपीलिकान्ततनुषु प्रोता जगत्साक्षिणी ।
सैवाहं न च दृश्यवस्त्विति दृढप्रज्ञापि यस्यास्ति चेत्
चण्डालोस्तु स तु द्विजोस्तु गुरुरित्येषा मनीषा मम ॥

Scarcely had he finished speaking when the outcaste vanished from the site and in his place Lord Shiva and four Vedas appeared. Moved by joy, awe and devotion, Shankara said in praise of Lord Shiva, the Ashtamurti.

I am the servant when I am conscious of myself as the body. I am thy part when awareness of Jiva dawns on me and when Atman consciousness becomes established, I recognise myself as one with thee. Such is the teachings of the scriptures. By realising which all the dullness of ignorance within and without is eradicated; to contain which there is no receptacle; to burnish which there is no grinder; to dig which there is no mind; to attain which all the renouncing monks make strenuous efforts in solitude ‘ to that Being, the essence of all the Sastras, my salutations! The Sastras are of no avail unless accompanied by Guru’s Grace; Grace is useless unless it generates awakening; and awakening is purposeless unless it gives the knowledge of the Supreme Truth. To that Supreme Truth who is not different from myself and who fills the understanding with wondrous rapture, my salutations!’
To that great Sanyasin who saluted thus with tears of devotion in his eyes, God Shiva said, ‘You have realised My true being. My blessings rest on you and Vyasa alike. Vyasa edited the Vedas. He composed Brahma Sutras (aphorisms on the subject of Brahman). You have got a real understanding of the purport of the Vedas and should write a commentary on the Brahma Sutras, by which the false theories have to be refuted, both through reason and through scriptures. The commentary that you are going to produce will receive praise from exalted beings like Indra. You spread the Knowledge of Truth in the world and appoint competent disciples as guardians of the Vedic path in different parts of the country. Having accomplished all these, you return to My state with the satisfaction of having fulfilled your mission.’ After commissioning Shankara thus, Lord Shiva disappeared.Source: http://www.sringeri.net/history/sri...abridged-madhaviya-shankara-digvijayam/part-2

Dear Renuji,

"God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform".
Guess you raised this "Chandala episode" as you may have wanted to know the response of other learned Members in this forum to this incident in the light of Self Realization! :) With your deep interest and love and knowledge of Sanskrit you will be aware of the real message to humanity through this incident:Sri Shankara at Varanasi

Sri Shankara reached Varanasi, had a dip in the holy Ganges, offered his prayers at the shrine of Sri Vishwanatha and stayed at the city for sometime. Just as pieces made of iron get attracted to a powerful magnet, those who were ripe enough to understand the subtle teachings of the Vedas were drawn towards Sri Shankara at Varanasi. Of these, the first disciple of Sri Shankara was an illustrious young brahmachari who was named Sanandana on initiation into Sanyasa.One day when Shankara was going with his disciples to the Ganges for midday ablutions, he noticed an outcaste approaching them with a pack of four dogs. Shankara and his disciples asked him to keep out of their path. But the hunter raised an issue –अन्नमयात् अन्नमयं अथवा चैतन्यमेव चैतन्यात् ।
द्विजवर दूरीकर्तुं वाञ्चसि किं ब्रूहि गच्छ गच्छेति ॥

The outcaste responded thus, ‘This body comes has its source in the same material food and performs the same functions in the case of both a Brahmana and an outcast. If the question is addressed to the Atman, the witnessing consciousness, the Atman is the same in all unaffected, by anything that is of the body. How do differences such as ‘This is a Brahmana, this is a chandala’ arise in the non-dual experience? Is the sun changed in the least whether it’s reflection in seen in a pot containing liquor or in the holy Ganges? Is the Akasha in a golden pot different from the one in the mud pot? The one universal, unblemished spirit, is shining alike in all bodies ‘ is this not the truth?’Sri Shankara was struck with the chandala’s Atma Jnana and exclaimed that a person who sees the world as Atman only and whose mind is firmly established in that conviction is worthy of worship irrespective of whether he is a Brahmana or an outcaste by birth. He admitted, ‘I am sure the pure consciousness shines alike in Mahavishnu as also in flies. All objective phenomena is false ‘ he who is ever established in this consciousness is my Guru, worthy of respect, be he an outcaste by birth. All objects presented to consciousness are false and unreal, what is inherent in all these is pure consciousness alone, and that pure consciousness is the ‘I’. A man established in such an awareness is indeed a Guru to me.’ This, Sri Shankara conveyed through his composition called Manisha Panchakam, a few verses of which are –जाग्रस्वप्नसुषुप्तिषु स्फुटतरा या संविदुज्जृंभते
या ब्रह्मादि पिपीलिकान्ततनुषु प्रोता जगत्साक्षिणी ।
सैवाहं न च दृश्यवस्त्विति दृढप्रज्ञापि यस्यास्ति चेत्
चण्डालोस्तु स तु द्विजोस्तु गुरुरित्येषा मनीषा मम ॥

Scarcely had he finished speaking when the outcaste vanished from the site and in his place Lord Shiva and four Vedas appeared. Moved by joy, awe and devotion, Shankara said in praise of Lord Shiva, the Ashtamurti.

I am the servant when I am conscious of myself as the body. I am thy part when awareness of Jiva dawns on me and when Atman consciousness becomes established, I recognise myself as one with thee. Such is the teachings of the scriptures. By realising which all the dullness of ignorance within and without is eradicated; to contain which there is no receptacle; to burnish which there is no grinder; to dig which there is no mind; to attain which all the renouncing monks make strenuous efforts in solitude ‘ to that Being, the essence of all the Sastras, my salutations! The Sastras are of no avail unless accompanied by Guru’s Grace; Grace is useless unless it generates awakening; and awakening is purposeless unless it gives the knowledge of the Supreme Truth. To that Supreme Truth who is not different from myself and who fills the understanding with wondrous rapture, my salutations!’
To that great Sanyasin who saluted thus with tears of devotion in his eyes, God Shiva said, ‘You have realised My true being. My blessings rest on you and Vyasa alike. Vyasa edited the Vedas. He composed Brahma Sutras (aphorisms on the subject of Brahman). You have got a real understanding of the purport of the Vedas and should write a commentary on the Brahma Sutras, by which the false theories have to be refuted, both through reason and through scriptures. The commentary that you are going to produce will receive praise from exalted beings like Indra. You spread the Knowledge of Truth in the world and appoint competent disciples as guardians of the Vedic path in different parts of the country. Having accomplished all these, you return to My state with the satisfaction of having fulfilled your mission.’ After commissioning Shankara thus, Lord Shiva disappeared.Source: http://www.sringeri.net/history/sri...abridged-madhaviya-shankara-digvijayam/part-2

dear Lalit ji,

Thank you for reply..deep down inside I know that whole episode has a deeper meaning and would be just a catalyst for a even deeper understanding.

But to a great extent I would also like the superficial meaning to be acceptable to all classes of society.

For example if a so called outcaste would read that episode he/she might not feel that great knowing that their mere existence is considered impure.

Now that disheartens anyone and they might seek to gain some respect in another religion.

For me I feel superficial meanings are as important as deeper meanings.

May be any Guru ji in future might want to keep in mind that superficial meanings have a greater psychological impact than deeper meaning.

If I were "God" I would have directed the whole Chandala episode like this...

That is:

It was not Adi S who asked the hunter to move away but one of the disciples who tells the hunter to keep away. Adi S then tries to tell his disciple not to do that but before he can stop the disciple the hunter starts to talk about Atma logic.

So this way at least Adi S stays true to his Atma Shatakam logic at the age of 8 cos superficially it does not make much sense that someone knew the truth at the age of 8 but forgot it as an adult.

The only explanation if someone's forgets if he got carried away by his own Ahamkara which I prefer not to imagine that Adi S had.

To me I prefer to believe that Adi S had no traces of Ahamkara.

< Clipped >

In the NirvANa ShaTkam also, Adi Sankara is unable to get rid of the feeling of "I" and "I"-ness. There is a profusion of words like 'aham', 'mE', etc. And that I feel is what was blinding him throughout, the inability to get rid of "ahaM kAraH" not the pride, but the feeling of "I". AtmajnAnam requires this feeling also to be rid of and understand (jnA) the Universal Soul (Atma).

Hi guys...i accept as u said Sangom Ji...the word "I" cannot be said if he s a atmajnani..but I have a doubt?..What kind of "I" did Adi S was mentioning?...whether it was himself or any other entity?...or did he knew what was that "I" and was telling those words?...Plz correct me if i am wrong....

<clipped>.......If I were "God" I would have directed the whole Chandala episode like this...

That is:

It was not Adi S who asked the hunter to move away but one of the disciples who tells the hunter to keep away. Adi S then tries to tell his disciple not to do that but before he can stop the disciple the hunter starts to talk about Atma logic.

So this way at least Adi S stays true to his Atma Shatakam logic at the age of 8 cos superficially it does not make much sense that someone knew the truth at the age of 8 but forgot it as an adult.

The only explanation if someone's forgets if he got carried away by his own Ahamkara which I prefer not to imagine that Adi S had.

And I would have directed the episode like this.......

When the hunter -chandala-asked A.S. who has to get aside whether the atman or the body Sankara replied:

As I am now Sankara in the body called Sankara the language has to be Sankara's and you the hunter's. I want the body called hunter/chandala to move aside along with the atman inside it. That is because the atman inside the hunter can not be distinguished in the present circumstances.

A hunter is only a hunter carrying dogs. And he is polluted. The atman inside may not be poluted but it is largely under the spell and influence of the body and the mind inside it in which it is contained. And I and my students are also contained in our respective bodies and so fear pollution affecting us. And we have nothing against your atman dear hunter. Try to become a Sankara or his disciple and you wont have to get aside.

So my dear chandala, please get aside until we all become one at the end of our journey.

Both you and me and every living being is not just annamaya but are also superimposed with inseparable values and culture. A scientist by name Robert Boyd in a University of California, LA is going to be born in this world who is going to conclusively prove that beings are not by genes alone and that envronment fundamentally influences the genes transcending the physical barriers. So human beings are not mere genes alone they are also creatures of their environment. Chandala friend, your environ obviously is different from mine and my disciples'.

So kindly move aside or we all will have to move aside.

Thank you for your question.

Last edited:
The mega serial continues:

Hunter: Enna Kodamai Sir Idhu?

How unfortunate that upon seeing a lotus one fails to see the flower but only sees the slush that it grows in.

Now lets get technical!

Since you feel I a hunter has a polluted body and you and your disciples have less polluted bodies therefore I am supposed to move away?

Its only with the animation by the ever pure Atma that a physical body is able to move.

As you say you have nothing against my Atma...the Atma is not the problem here as the Atma is the same in all unaffected, by anything that is of the body.. but only my body needs to move..but as long as one is embodied the Atma is needed to even blink an eye lid..can you tell me O' learned Sir..how can I move my body without my Atma?

Since the ever pure Atma needs to be out of this equation that means I need to detach my Atma from my body.

But that would only spell death!

I would willingly detach my Atma and since I would be dead, kindly move my body for me out of your way.

Sorry for rendering you impure by my dead body..Theetu yaar!

Last edited:
The mega serial continues:
Hunter: Enna Kodamai Sir Idhu?
How unfortunate that upon seeing a lotus one fails to see the flower but only sees the slush that it grows in.
Now lets get technical!
Since you feel I a hunter has a polluted body and you and your disciples have less polluted bodies therefore I am supposed to move away?
Its only with the animation by the ever pure Atma that a physical body is able to move.
As you say you have nothing against my Atma...the Atma is not the problem here as the Atma is the same in all unaffected, by anything that is of the body.. but only my body needs to move..but as long as one is embodied the Atma is needed to even blink an eye lid..can you tell me O' learned Sir..how can I move my body without my Atma?
Since the ever pure Atma needs to be out of this equation that means I need to detach my Atma from my body.
But that would only spell death!
I would willingly detach my Atma and since I would be dead, kindly move my body for me out of your way.Sorry for rendering you impure by my dead body..Theetu yaar!

The latest episode in the M serial:

Where is the kodumai in all this? Please get rid of your prejudices. Facts are facts, however unpleasant they may be.

If the lotus is in the slush, I would appreciate thebeauty of the lotus without getting the slush all over me.

The hunter comes with a pack of four dogs and so he is polluted. There may be people who may keep company with their pet dogs 24x7 and may share a meal with it and take it to sleep in the bed when they go to sleep. Bur pollution is pollution and there is no escape from that. A medico should know this better.

The physical body moves because of the mind and atma which is a witness moves along.

As long as the atman is embodied, it has to keep moving with the body and mind whereever they go. And this is exactly what is said in the M. Serial Episode 3 also. Recall this sentence from that Episode " So my dear chandala, please get aside until we all become one at the end of our journey".

My dear Chandala, you are again and again proving that you suffer from the delusion "Dehaatma prama".

Move aside your body and mind from my path and your atman, the witness would move along because it is just a witness. To know what all atman is not, please go back a few posts and read the sivoham sivoham stanzas again and sing loudly. The atman in you will at least enjoy.

LOL.

Hi guys...i accept as u said Sangom Ji...the word "I" cannot be said if he s a atmajnani..but I have a doubt?..What kind of "I" did Adi S was mentioning?...whether it was himself or any other entity?...or did he knew what was that "I" and was telling those words?...Plz correct me if i am wrong....

There are no different kinds of "I" nor different meanings for the word 'I' in English, as you know. I do not find any evidence in the NirvANa ShaTkam to show that AS was using it to mean anything else, because, even according to the advaita theory there is a jeevAtma which is a modified and quantified form of the paramAtma or parabrahman.

A true brahmajnAni would not even have taken notice that a ChandALa with four dogs is coming across towards him. For better or worse, imbibing of western practices have been taking us Indians towards this kind of behaviour, though very slowly!

Hi to all ji's
tq u so much sangom ji for the reply...plz :pray2:renuka ji and vaagami ji...plz..dont fight on my account:frusty:...A humble request from a neonate...:baby:

The latest episode in the M serial:

Where is the kodumai in all this? Please get rid of your prejudices. Facts are facts, however unpleasant they may be.

If the lotus is in the slush, I would appreciate thebeauty of the lotus without getting the slush all over me.

The hunter comes with a pack of four dogs and so he is polluted. There may be people who may keep company with their pet dogs 24x7 and may share a meal with it and take it to sleep in the bed when they go to sleep. Bur pollution is pollution and there is no escape from that. A medico should know this better.

The physical body moves because of the mind and atma which is a witness moves along.

As long as the atman is embodied, it has to keep moving with the body and mind whereever they go. And this is exactly what is said in the M. Serial Episode 3 also. Recall this sentence from that Episode " So my dear chandala, please get aside until we all become one at the end of our journey".

My dear Chandala, you are again and again proving that you suffer from the delusion "Dehaatma prama".

Move aside your body and mind from my path and your atman, the witness would move along because it is just a witness. To know what all atman is not, please go back a few posts and read the sivoham sivoham stanzas again and sing loudly. The atman in you will at least enjoy.

LOL.

The debate between Shankara and the hunter goes on and on..both do not want to give up.

Suddenly a loud noise emerges from the river near by..a massive struggle between an elephant and a crocodile is going on.

A croc got hold of an elephants leg and fight to survive goes on.

Suddenly elephant mentally calls out to Narayana and Narayana emerges and takes the elephant right up to Vaikuntha!

Shankara and the hunter were left dumbstruck that an animal went to Vaikuntha and here two humans did not give way to each other and kept on debating on technical grounds and missed out Vaikuntha!

bhajagovindaM bhajagovindaM
govindaM bhajamuuDhamate .
saMpraapte sannihite kaale
nahi nahi rakshati DukRiJNkaraNe

Hi to all ji's
tq u so much sangom ji for the reply...plz :pray2:renuka ji and vaagami ji...plz..dont fight on my account:frusty:...A humble request from a neonate...:baby:

Hi Neonate.....baby (just pulling the tender legs),

We-me and Renukaji-enjoy a fight like this once in a while. So do not worry.

And by the way, you do not appear to be all that neonate. If you insist you are, then you should be a precocious one with a large, out of size head and all. LOL. I enjoy reading your posts. Please do not get offended. LOL.

The debate between Shankara and the hunter goes on and on..both do not want to give up.

Suddenly a loud noise emerges from the river near by..a massive struggle between an elephant and a crocodile is going on.

A croc got hold of an elephants leg and fight to survive goes on.

Suddenly elephant mentally calls out to Narayana and Narayana emerges and takes the elephant right up to Vaikuntha!

Shankara and the hunter were left dumbstruck that an animal went to Vaikuntha and here two humans did not give way to each other and kept on debating on technical grounds and missed out Vaikuntha!

bhajagovindaM bhajagovindaM
govindaM bhajamuuDhamate .
saMpraapte sannihite kaale
nahi nahi rakshati DukRiJNkaraNe

Renukaji,

Sankara and chandala talked because they were no where near the "sanprApte sannihitekAle" situation. If that be situation, they would not have talked. It would have been just Narayana Narayana. LOL.

Renukaji,

Sankara and chandala talked because they were no where near the "sanprApte sannihitekAle" situation. If that be situation, they would not have talked. It would have been just Narayana Narayana. LOL.

If they had spoken long enough surely sanprApte sannihitekAle situation would have been reached!LOL

Dr.Dineshji,

In my humble opinion, the answer to your question lies in the question itself. The word Atmagyani means, the one who is naturally gyani. One can become Jnani by education, learning & experience and by penance or the other method that is left to my mind is by birth itself i.e. without any proper education/learning/experience or tapasya if one gets the jnan then he is called "Atmajnani".

There was no need for all these fights and explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back