• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

BJP (and so Modi-Amit Shah) bandwagon completely routed in Bihar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last Modi has got what he in fact deserves, a hard snub! My prediction that his is a classic case of நுணலும் தன் வாயால் கெடும்!

Sangomji

Now Modi Bhakts will label you as a sickular , Congress /Sonia/Leftist / Vatican /Pakistani agent .

While one can have no objection in voting for Mr. Nitish Kumar, I fail to understand how the electorates of Bihar allowed a re-entry to Mr. Lallu Prasad Yadav.

Each party should be elected on merit. I think we need to develop an objective merit assessment for the political parties just as we rank colleges and universities. The yardstick can be on the basis of socio-economic-political achievements. Let their merit be the basis on which the parties campaign.

Till then we are bound to see mediocrity in the way parties think and act and the election results will mostly say how well each party was able to sway the voters.

BJP , Modi are getting a royal thrashing on twitter from this defeat in Bihar . Here are some of the notable tweets :

The problem is that BJP prepares for each and every exam by practicing with Gujarat Election Sample paper.

Modi Ji don't be upset. Even Alexander (Sikandar) lost when he came to Bihar.

A PM with 282 seats who can't take on "fringe" is either pretending or he doesn't deserve to be

BJP hasn't lost hope, Anupam Kher to lead march against Bihar results

Manmohan Singh ignored Pakistan' existance through his tenure, Modi brings Pakistan in every state election, subsequently recognising Pak

At least now, BJP should reveal its CM candidate, so the joke is complete.

I think the opposition unity was very strong..Along with that the caste arithmetic went against the PM....Also there was no strong leader to counter Laloo-Nitish might...The duo's victory will give sleepless nights to the BJP...From all angles this has injected new life to the national opposition! May also give a new lease of life to the sidelined BJP leaders such as Advaniji!!

I am a fan of our PM...I only hope that Bihar elections does not become a waterloo to BJP's fortunes

Last edited:
May be cow was the culprit?

08live-cartoon.jpg

BJP always struggles to fight against a regional party, whenever a regional party has upper hand in a State.

Though BJP has a severe drubbing in Bihar, its individual vote share is nearly 25%, which is the highest, compared to JDU and RJD, both secured less than 20% each.

Indian election depends on arithmatic only. Yadav and Muslim vote share is more than 30% and added to this the vote share of Nitish and Congress, taking the total tally to more than 40%.

The victory is only on expected lines.

Though BJP has a severe drubbing in Bihar, its individual vote share is nearly 25%, which is the highest, compared to JDU and RJD, both secured less than 20% each.

We must remember that JDU and RJD come from the same Janata Parivar ( formerly Janta Dal ) and now the united Janata Dal has shown their strength by consolidating their respective vote share . But BJP must be credited with retaining a strong vote share of 25% and I feel this must be mostly from the Congress and new generation Voters . It seems that this time Bihar had a huge 50 lakh new voters and we must know which way these people voted . No doubt in terms of seats the Lal00+Nitish combination won by a huge margin but the vote percentage will reveal more how this transformation really happened .

May also give a new lease of life to the sidelined BJP leaders such as Advaniji!!

Today is LK Advani's Birthday and he must be the most happiest person today seeing Modi's face covered with Cow dung after Bihar results were out . He must really thank Laloo+Nitish for giving him the best birthday gift .

Even before the 2014 elections, I remember to have written that Modi possibly thought that India was simply a little larger Gujarat. In more than 15 months he has obviously not realized this mistake, probably because he is mostly out on foreign tours and "visits" India also, once in a while like a non-resident PM!

I think the opposition unity was very strong..Along with that the caste arithmetic went against the PM....Also there was no strong leader to counter Laloo-Nitish might...The duo's victory will give sleepless nights to the BJP...From all angles this has injected new life to the national opposition! May also give a new lease of life to the sidelined BJP leaders such as Advaniji!!

Very much true.

This is a lesson for BJP ; but to RSS cadres an opportunity to learn to hold their tongue.

LOL Saw this funny post on the net and sharing the same here :

Being a PM , I will campaign for months for State Elections but I'm not responsible for my party's defeat but again I will take credit even for Panchayat electoral wins. Who am I ?

A) Narendra Modi
B) Tom Moody
C) Abraham Lincoln
D) Ajit Agarkar

How long will Nitish-Lalu courtship last!!! How is Modi responsible for BJP's loss in Bihar!!! BJP is not routed. 54 is a number to reckon with.

LOL Saw this funny post on the net and sharing the same here :

Being a PM , I will campaign for months for State Elections but I'm not responsible for my party's defeat but again I will take credit even for Panchayat electoral wins. Who am I ?

A) Narendra Modi
B) Tom Moody
C) Abraham Lincoln
D) Ajit Agarkar

Bewildering to see Abraham Lincoln in this multiple list. Intrigue!!!!

How long will Nitish-Lalu courtship last!!

When many so called Intellectuals , TV Channels , Political Analysts coudnt even predict the Bihar Election results properly either in pre poll or exit poll what to say of how long this alliance will last . Only wait and watch .

How is Modi responsible for BJP's loss in Bihar!!

If BJP had won this election with a massive Majority who would have been credited for the same ?

BJP is not routed. 54 is a number to reckon with.

True . The No 54 is a number to reckon with and will come useful in case Nitish and Lallu decide to Part ways and then BJP can play a decisive role in supporting the next Government if they want to on their own terms . These sort of things are not unique for Indian politics and Bihar is also no exception to the same . BTW the no 54 will also help BJP gain few Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar .

In Politics, win or loss is a common phenomenon. However, strategy is very important. and learning from past mistake is very vital. BJP failed in both areas. Despite Delhi set back, BJP top leaders have not learned any lesson. They projected an outsider as CM candidate for Delhi election and no one was projected in Bihar, though Sushil Modi as Deputy CM and Finance Minister did a good job under Nitish and also a BC.

PM thought he could have won even State election on his own. He could have spoken to Nitish and persuaded him to stay in the alliance. The ego-centric attitude has drowned BJP in Bihar and given a new lease of life to Lalu Yadav.

The Bihar episode shows very poor political knowledge and lack of friendly approach of some senior leaders in BJP.

PM thought he could have won even State election on his own. He could have spoken to Nitish and persuaded him to stay in the alliance.

If that sensible thing had been done not only would BJP Nitish would have retained Bihar with a comfortbale Majority but at the same time BJP would have got more Raja Sabha votes from Bihar Assembly . Post 2014 Parliamentray Elections BJP is loosing close friends and allies . First in TN they have lost Vaiko , PMK and Vijayganth is keeping quiet . In Maharashrta they have lost Shiv Sena . In Punjab no idea how far will the alliance go and after this Bihar defeat I doubt whether any party would be willing to align with the BJP .In J&K it is an alliance due to mutual compulsion and no guarantee how long it will go .
Modi believed that after securing Majority in Lok Sabha he can ensure Majority in RS also through winning various state elections on his own and the massive defeat in Delhi and Bihar has spoilt those plans .

The Bihar episode shows very poor political knowledge and lack of friendly approach of some senior leaders in BJP.

If Nitish behavior for the Bihar elections were written as a book it would read as "How to Make Friends and Influence People " and if Modi ,Amit Shah's Bihar Strategy were written as a book it would read as "Mein Kampf".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back