• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

CHandrayan Vrat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mam,

You also navigate through 21 generations of past and present..... to wipe of all sins committed !!!

{Chandrayan fast for one month gives immense benefit and virtues by liberating
the performer from all the sins committed in the past. It also
liberates the sins of a mans twenty-one generations (ten generations
of past, his present generation and ten future generations)}

..... Chandrayan fast for one month gives immense benefit and virtues by liberating the performer from all the sins committed in the past.

It also
liberates the sins of a mans twenty-one generations (ten generations of past, his present generation and ten future generations.
I read that story in the link I had pasted in my earlier post, Sir!

Since 'man' is mentioned, how about women? No effect if they perform?? :sad:

thank u Ms raji for the explanation...anyone in this forum has performed this fasting na...can u help me...little detailed work in the fasting i need guys...if this fasting is continued for a year wont that person die without proper food...

This is to be performed ONLY for one month and that is supposed to take care of all the sins committed in 21 generations!

So, not to worry about one year of fasting! :)

Wonder whether any of our forum members would have observed this vrat!

Morsel means a bite, mouthful or small portion of food, candy etc. :D

So a person may not die by fasting this way for a month! :cool:

This is to be performed ONLY for one month and that is supposed to take care of all the sins committed in 21 generations!

So, not to worry about one year of fasting! :)

Wonder whether any of our forum members would have observed this vrat!

What is this?

Ramadhan fasting?

appo morsel = 1 parukkai illaya.What abt water? can he/she take water in between?..i want to do this vratham...adhaan ketten...
women can also observe this fast if they can...

Last edited:
What is this?

Ramadhan fasting?
Dear Renu,

The blog I had posted says,

''Sage Gautam says in his Phalshruti that observance of this Chandrayanfast for one month gives immense benefit

and virtues by liberating
the performer from all the sins committed in the past. It also liberates the sins of a mans

twenty-one generations (ten generations
of past, his present generation and ten future generations). Sage Gautam

is also of the opinion that if this Chandrayan Vrat is
continued for a year a man himself attains to the Chandraloka.

In
todays circumstances this fast has become extinct because of its strict and severe rules.''

The sage Gautam will guide only Hindus, I guess and now persons can TRY to reach ChandralOkA!! :lol:

In this Krichchra fasting, one has to observe a fast for the whole day and it is broken at the end of the day with panchagavya

(a mixture of milk curd, ghee, cow dung and cows urine).

OMG!!

This fasting continues for one month. Vapan means the commencement of fast i.e. the resolution one makes to continue this fasting

for one month. Various rites are performed (tarpan, Gritahom and the gathering of fuels for the oblation) along with the chanting of

Vedic Richas (hymns).
Can any person perform all these rituals? :noidea:

Only ghee is offered to the sacrificial fire. In the end Havan is completed by offering other kinds of fuels. At the time of breaking

the fast, rice-flour, oat-flour, green vegetables, milk, curd. Ghee and fruits etc. is used as diet.
At least some fluids are allowed, to protect the body from dehydration! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back