• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How 11 Days in India Taught Me About Magic, Meditation, and Mortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

An article in Huffington post by Reena Nagrani.
In January of this year, as a gift to myself, I attended an 11-day spiritual adventure throughout North India with my beloved friend and mentor, Dandapani. Having traveled to this spectacular land of my ancestors many times before, I knew the experience was going to be extraordinary, but I was quite unprepared for the depth of my inner journey throughout the adventure.

During our three-day stay in Varanasi, we were given an exercise to complete. Dandapani asked us to walk to the burning ghats, the crematory grounds where bodies are burned around the clock, and to silently observe the area for about 20 minutes. As we contemplated the transient nature of life and the physical body while watching the cremations below us, he asked us to hold two questions in our hearts:
How will I choose to live the years I have left?
Do I have the courage to accept myself for who I am and live the life I really want to be living?

As I looked on in silence, I reflected on the inevitable truth that one day, my dead body will also burn to ashes and be released back to the holy river. And one day, this will be the case for each and every one of my loved ones as well. Confronting this absolute fact as I meditated on Dandapani's questions inspired yet another question to arise from within me. I heard a kind, but very firm voice in my heart lovingly ask me:
My dear, what are you waiting for?

Dandapani's wise teacher, lovingly known as Gurudeva, often said that "Life is not short; it's finite." Yet another one of his favorite maxims was, "Life is meant to be lived joyously."
I couldn't agree more.
My greatest wish for all of you is this: May each of you have the courage to meet yourselves where you are in this moment, accept yourselves fully, and proceed to live the life you want with courage, love, and confidence in your heart. There is not a single moment to be wasted.
So... What are you waiting for?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/reena...t-me_b_8408584.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back